Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 08:28 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,054,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans by significant margins now view the Republican Party as better than the Democratic Party at protecting the nation from international threats (54% to 39%, respectively) and at ensuring the nation remains prosperous (50% to 41%). The 15-percentage-point GOP advantage on security matters is its largest since 2015, while its nine-point edge on prosperity is its largest since 2014. Last year, the GOP had a narrow advantage on international matters while the parties were essentially tied on economic matters. More of this change has come from declines in Americans perceiving the Democratic Party as better on these issues than from increases for the Republican Party.

Meanwhile, the public is narrowly divided (41% Republican Party, 38% Democratic Party) as to which party can better handle whichever issue it deems the most important facing the country. Americans most commonly name the coronavirus pandemic or the government itself as the most important problem.

The latest results are from Gallup's annual Governance survey, conducted Sept. 1-17. The survey was conducted just after the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and amid heightened numbers of coronavirus infections and a weaker-than-expected U.S. employment report.

news.gallup.com/poll/355511/gop-viewed-better-party-security-prosperity.aspx

Biden really is an idiot. Handed everything to give himself an easy presidency but then caters to the worst elements in his party and allows his CDC to basically create a never ending pandemic by telling vaccinated people to still wear masks and to have constant testing of asymptomatic people which is constantly holding down the economy and peoples wellbeing. He is leading his party to midterm blowout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 08:41 AM

45,317 posts, read 26,866,017 times
I think it's a bad thing that many people have to experience all of this first before understanding that this crop of Democrats are dangerous for society.

Between the failing education system, and the screens (various forms of media) - the minds of many have been made dull.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:41 AM

9,952 posts, read 7,631,726 times
Long live the GOP. Biden is going stong and fast at making the country unsafe and going backward many years.

So many things Uncle Idiot is responsible for he claims he doesn't recall or didn't realize or forgot. lol He's got dementia. Get him out of there. He's the country's top IDIOT!!!! I hope he gets heckled everywhere he goes and I hope those that chant 'F Joe Biden' do it often and loudly in huge huge huge groups. Yell it out loud.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:43 AM

4,523 posts, read 4,067,857 times
Because the 20 years of war initiated by conservatives really made us better off?

Because Republicans really showed during the Trump administration that they care about the debt and deficit.

This is why I believe Manchin and Sinema are the best Republicans ever. They help to worsen the gridlock and Biden looks worse because he cannot get anything through.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:55 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,758,034 times
I hate both parties in general but that's always been the case. The GOP is a much, much lesser evil.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:09 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,094,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Because the 20 years of war initiated by conservatives really made us better off?

Because Republicans really showed during the Trump administration that they care about the debt and deficit.

This is why I believe Manchin and Sinema are the best Republicans ever. They help to worsen the gridlock and Biden looks worse because he cannot get anything through.

Well, they certainly showed us on January 6 just how much they care about the country and the rule of law.

And I was never questioned by Gallup and I wonder how they decide who is?

Old 10-06-2021, 09:19 AM

16,949 posts, read 12,503,876 times
Its not actually Biden.

It is whoever is the man behind the curtain.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:29 AM

19,559 posts, read 9,082,385 times
This does not surprise me even the tiniest bit!

I think it is very clear that many Democratic leaders are promoting lawlessness, government dependence, and tearing down the work ethic that made this country great by saying that ethic is racist while ignoring the many millions of non-whites who have become successful by staying in school, working hard, and paying their bills.

In my opinion, the Republicans have their faults, but they want to see everyone succeed instead of making it easy for people to become lazy parasites.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-06-2021 at 10:01 AM..

Old 10-06-2021, 09:47 AM

11,913 posts, read 6,493,852 times
DUH….
Democrats have lost all respect for law and order.

Even liberally biased CNN is reporting today we now have the highest homicide rate in
100 years….

Of course they are trying to blame the pandemic instead of their demonizing and defunding the police while celebrating anarchy, looting, and general violence.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/healt...udy/index.html

Old 10-06-2021, 09:50 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,753,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think it's a bad thing that many people have to experience all of this first before understanding that this crop of Democrats are dangerous for society.

Between the failing education system, and the screens (various forms of media) - the minds of many have been made dull.
I don't understand what happened to the democrat party. Once upon a time they were somewhat reasonable with just a slightly different approach to trying to solve the same issues. Now they are bat **** crazy doing everything they can to make us like Cuba or Venezuela.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies