Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 02:37 PM

23,565 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
She asked for that. That’s how his white family raised him and it’s his experience. Furthermore, his wife is African-American and perhaps he feels to identify more with his wife and children. She married White too so her White family includes her husband and children as well.

As a mixed person, I identify with all of my heritage but take no issue with others who identify differently. We all have different experiences.
Obama identified with getting into the office of president more than anything else. He wanted to marry a white woman but he said he'd decided he needed to marry a black woman, because of politics, so he dumped the white woman and later went after Michelle. Do you think he was lying about it in his book?

Old 10-06-2021, 02:40 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsusMasus View Post
Isn’t she half black?
Never understood aelf loathing about your race. Then again we got Candice Owens. I guess it sells when you become a megaphone for people that don't like your people.

Yes, hence why she said she acknowledges both sides. Let's be real, where's the lie? Obama and his followers not only seem to forget that he's half white, but they'll attack anyone who points it out, like they did with Steele.

Also, what's your beef with Candace Owens? Is it because she was once a Democrat who saw the party for what it was - using Black people as a tool whenever it's convenient for them. Are you mad that she is now a Republican who doesn't fall victim to Democrats playing off Black people's emotions, because they know the race card gets them fired up which aids them to further their agenda, even though Democrats really haven't done anything to uplift Black communities?

Old 10-06-2021, 02:45 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
The one black guy that the republicans parades around? Oh ya. I voted no. Dude had some wacky positions on minimum wage and schools.

There's plenty of Black Republicans but sure, let's act like Elder is the only one. And it couldn't have been any wackier than a Governor who tells everyone to suck it up and embrace remote learning, especially since "he and his wife are dealing with too", all while he gets caught dropping his kids off at a private school. And let's not forget Newsom was also caught taking his kids to a private summer camp after shutting them down for everyone else.

Oh oh oh! Don't also forget how illegals get free education and even get to use the same school buildings YOUR CHILDREN who are here LEGALLY use, except they've all been told to keep on doing remote learning. And what has Newsom done for job growth in Cali? Care to share? Because it seems that the only business he cares about is his crappy winery. He single-handedly destroyed the hospitality industry in your joke of a state.

But congrats on the win I guess? Make sure you watch where you step when your outside. Wouldn't want a used needle to get stuck on your sneakers, as well as stepping in human waste.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:53 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Obama was like, 2 presidents ago… geez people are obsessed with him.
No, actually he's running the show right now.

I say that in jest, but I think there's a modicum of truth in it.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:54 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No, actually he's running the show right now.

I say that in jest, but I think there's a modicum of truth in it.
I'd gladly have Obama running the show right now instead of Biden.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:55 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Obama was like, 2 presidents ago… geez people are obsessed with him.
Well, if you followed the news article that would be black women.

I'm not sure why someone wouldn't think that adult black women would NOT still have a keen interest in the former president.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:56 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:
Meh she’s hypocrite.

Candace Owens received racist death threats in high school, had to drop out of college because of student loans, ran an anti-conservative blog (quote from Candace about the Republican Party: “The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.”) and made fun of Trumps small dick, then founded a site dedicated to tracking cyber bullies digital footprint which became a doxing and witch-hunting hotbed, which led to people getting angry at her and leaking her personal info, and when she blamed this on progressives (with little evidence), she got massive praise by conservatives YouTubers, causing a sudden political transformation.

So really, she saw the opportunity to grift and danced with it
No, she just became woke in a good way.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:14 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,020 times
Almost all of these bi-racial people claim their minority side first, over their Anglo side.

Shaun King and Rachel Dolezal are white and pretend to be black. Obama identified as black.

Elizabeth Warren lied about her Indian lineage in order to secure a high paying job at Harvard.

What does all of this tell us?

There is NO ADVANTAGE in being white.

So can we finally sh*t-can this idea of "white privilege" please?

Old 10-06-2021, 03:23 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Almost all of these bi-racial people claim their minority side first, over their Anglo side.

Shaun King and Rachel Dolezal are white and pretend to be black. Obama identified as black.

Elizabeth Warren lied about her Indian lineage in order to secure a high paying job at Harvard.

What does all of this tell us?

There is NO ADVANTAGE in being white.

So can we finally sh*t-can this idea of "white privilege" please?
Ummm no. It tells you that U.S. culture still pushes the one-drop rule, particularly when it comes to mixed white/black people. Obama’s mother and family raised him to identify as black because they were AMERICAN. Africans generally do not do that. If you are mixed, you are both to them.

White America pushed the one-drop rules for ages and often still do. It has nothing to do with the white privilege issue.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:25 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
She asked for that. That’s how his white family raised him and it’s his experience. Furthermore, his wife is African-American and perhaps he feels to identify more with his wife and children. She married White too so her White family includes her husband and children as well.

As a mixed person, I identify with all of my heritage but take no issue with others who identify differently. We all have different experiences.
Why did she deserve anything for speaking her truth and voicing her opinion? Why are you so afraid of simple conversation? Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black. He made a mindful decision to ignore his 1/2 white portion and embrace his 1/2 black portion. That's a fact. That was his choice. She did not make that same decision. What is wrong with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies