Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 06:50 AM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Polio was wiped out in the U.S., but our non-existent southern border has allowed polio infected illegals to enter the U.S., along with them bringing other diseases like Chagas, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, etc.

We need to seal the borders, and legal immigrants need to undergo mandatory medical examinations/testing before being allowed to enter the U.S. -- common sense.

Biden's EO on measles was specifically because of the Afghan refugees.
Go read it for yourself.

They set them loose in the US and now pockets of measles outbreaks are happening.
Measles is now a quarantinable disease.

Must be that bad if this happened.

Or you can just be like the majority of uninformed, gullible Americans that believe everything the MSM tells them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 06:57 AM

How can they blame anti-vaxxers for this ?

Haven't we been hearing for quite a number of weeks now that "no vaccine is 100%" ?
Could be people who got MMR shots catching measles ....cause "no vaccine is 100%" right ?

Can't pick and choose here which vaccine actually works like a vaccine and which doesn't.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:58 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
If 22% consider themselves Anti-Vaxxers...
Just a point about the numbers, and how people are portrayed in the media.

Roughly 1/5 of the population isn't interested in the shot. That 1/5 is being portrayed in The Narrative as a tiny minority of holdouts who are all just stupid or crazy.

1/5 Is also roughly the number of people who consider themselves "progressive." THAT 1/5 is portrayed in The Narrative as being the overwhelming majority and the only group with the intelligence and education to make ANY kind of decision.

It's no wonder that progressives believe that they're so popular. Everything in their environment tells them that they are, and they never take steps to expand their environment beyond what feels safe.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Like I said, it doesn't matter why they are questioning all the other vaccines, (we aren't talking about Covid vaccines) what matters is where they find the answers.
Sounds like you support censorship and don’t think people are capable of critical thinking. I don’t agree.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:27 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I deleted my post on page one because I don't know how to defend staunch anti vaccers...I can understand being skeptical of mRNA vaccines but children really do need their MMR and other shots...and this is something that has always crossed party lines...there have always been vaccine hesitant liberals, until covid that is.

You don't really want your kids to get smallpox, and using the argument that it's already been eradicated is not an excuse.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:32 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nice try to you too.

I have definitely heard from people who used to not question vaccines or school mandates who are now questioning it all.

Perhaps a lot of people are realizing that the vaccine that doesn’t prevent infection or transmission and wears off around six months is the real snake oil.

I think vaccine skeptics will grow in numbers from the creepy pressure tactics, censorship, and mandates. It's a normal human reaction to become curious about things they are aggressively trying to ram down your throat and hide information about.

Parents may decide to delay vaccinations, space them out, or opt out of some. I doubt many will forgo ALL vaccines, but the public health experts have created a lot more free thinkers thanks to their authoritarianism.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:38 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I deleted my post on page one because I don't know how to defend staunch anti vaccers...I can understand being skeptical of mRNA vaccines but children really do need their MMR and other shots...and this is something that has always crossed party lines...there have always been vaccine hesitant liberals, until covid that is.

You don't really want your kids to get smallpox, and using the argument that it's already been eradicated is not an excuse.
Everyone I've ever known who was against vaccines was a liberal hippie-type of person. I've never known a single conservative who questioned vaccines. Among conservatives, vaccine skeptics were considered flakes. I find it really odd that many New Age retreat centers now require Covid shots to get in. They won't serve GMO food though.

Something very strange has happened during Covid. The old categories don't seem to apply.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:04 AM

There is going to be a massive outbreak of measles soon I think.
Why the EO ?
Why now make measles a quarantinable disease which gives CDC and HHS additional powers ?

Why no mention of the hundreds of thousands of illegals/refugees from third world countries ?
Why no mention of the measles outbreak in the Afghan refugee centers ?

Thousands of refugees had already been brought here and released before the outbreaks happened.
Many of these refugees were being relocated from Germany to the US.

Here's the kicker....the refugees are being "offered" covid vaccines....not "mandated".

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/17/p...ses/index.html
Biden signs executive order adding measles to list of quarantinable diseases after outbreak among US-bound Afghan refugees

After the outbreaks happened they halted flights of the refugees from Germany.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/10/p...hts/index.html
The vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella is currently being administered to Afghans at military installations in the United States, Psaki said. She added the administration is exploring measures to vaccinate people at overseas locations.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:35 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Everyone I've ever known who was against vaccines was a liberal hippie-type of person. I've never known a single conservative who questioned vaccines. Among conservatives, vaccine skeptics were considered flakes. I find it really odd that many New Age retreat centers now require Covid shots to get in. They won't serve GMO food though.

Something very strange has happened during Covid. The old categories don't seem to apply.
Yep. Its now like a status thing for some on the right. My wife is now into some far right politics.

Funny thing is I believe had Trump started on the other side, things would be flipped and lefties would be the ones resisting.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:39 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
why should children suffer because of their parent's stupidity??????????
It those kids are vaccinated, why would they be at risk for the unvaxers?

Also, plenty of kids suffer from their parents stupidity. You can’t legislate who has kids, which is why I’m pro-choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies