Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 03:42 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
https://thehill.com/regulation/other...izing-sex-work

I know it is difficult to have a discussion when it does not fall under the left vs right lines.... a bit too difficult to boil it down to short discussions. However the reality is that a lot of issues don't. I've been involved as a supporter/advocate for legalization for a long time. There is representation from both parties among groups... The main reason why Republican representatives will quietly support it personally but not publicly on their own platforms is due to the reliance on the evangelical / religious groups for their elections. For decades, vocal support for legalization of prostitution was considered political suicide because of the stigma society places on sex work. That is also the reason why Democrats are hesitant; but I believe it is changing....

Your logical reasoning here to weed legalization is faulty... comparison of unlike issues with different obstacles.
I will say that de-criminalization is far different from legalization in this context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies