Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 12:30 AM

1,655 posts, read 774,332 times

Advertisements

Price of rent up, price of cars up, price of gas up, price of food up, price of hotels up, homicides up to record levels, labor shortages up, cost to heat our homes up, country embarrassed on the national stage, country divided as ever, etc, etc.

Serious question — what has he fixed or began to fix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 12:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,559,745 times
Oh boy. No more mean tweets. What a relief.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:53 AM

185 posts, read 89,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Ill give credit where credit is due. Biden is an idiot, but at least he isn't crying on twitter every time he disagrees with someone or if someone disagrees with him. Of Trump's many faults, that was one of his most immature actions.

The name calling was another. I don't care if Hillary called names too, I care that the POTUS is doing it.I detest Biden but at least he isn't Trump.
So "mean tweets" are more important to you than what the actual accomplishments were under President Trump's presidency which made this country a far better place to live?

I don't give a darn what President Trump said on Twitter. What matters is his actions for what he did for the betterment of this country.
Yeah, Xiden sure isn't President Trump. He's a bumbling old fool who is doing the exact opposite, reversing everything and tearing this nation down with each passing day.

Here's just a small snippet of what President Trump accomplished before and into the pandemic.

See the full list here:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...complishments/

• America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.

• Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration.

• The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century.

• Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job-hirings.

• More Americans reported being employed than ever before – nearly 160 million.

• Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low.

• The number of people claiming unemployment insurance as a share of the population hit its lowest on record.

• Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly 3 decades.

• Delivered a future of greater promise and opportunity for citizens of all backgrounds.

• Unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those without a high school diploma all reached record lows.

• Unemployment for women hit its lowest rate in nearly 70 years.

• Lifted nearly 7 million people off of food stamps.

• Poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans reached record lows.

• Income inequality fell for two straight years, and by the largest amount in over a decade.

• The bottom 50 percent of American households saw a 40 percent increase in net worth.

• Wages rose fastest for low-income and blue collar workers – a 16 percent pay increase.

• African American homeownership increased from 41.7 percent to 46.4 percent.

• Brought jobs, factories, and industries back to the USA.

• Created more than 1.2 million manufacturing and construction jobs.

• Put in place policies to bring back supply chains from overseas.

• Small business optimism broke a 35-year old record in 2018.

• Hit record stock market numbers and record 401ks.

• The DOW closed above 20,000 for the first time in 2017 and topped 30,000 in 2020.

• The S&P 500 and NASDAQ have repeatedly notched record highs.

• For the first time in nearly 70 years, the United States has become a net energy exporter.

• The United States is now the number one producer of oil and natural gas in the world.

• Natural gas production reached a record-high of 34.9 quads in 2019, following record high production in 2018 and in 2017.

• The United States has been a net natural gas exporter for three consecutive years and has an export capacity of nearly 10 billion cubic feet per day.

• Signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – the largest tax reform package in history.

• More than 6 million American workers received wage increases, bonuses, and increased benefits thanks to the tax cuts.

• A typical family of four earning $75,000 received an income tax cut of more than $2,000 – slashing their tax bill in half.

• Doubled the standard deduction – making the first $24,000 earned by a married couple completely tax-free.

• Doubled the child tax credit.

• Virtually eliminated the unfair Estate Tax, or Death Tax.

• Cut the business tax rate from 35 percent – the highest in the developed world – all the way down to 21 percent.

• Small businesses can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.

• Businesses can now deduct 100 percent of the cost of their capital investments in the year the investment is made.

• Since the passage of tax cuts, the share of total wealth held by the bottom half of households has increased, while the share held by the top 1 percent has decreased.

• Over 400 companies have announced bonuses, wage increases, new hires, or new investments in the United States.

• Over $1.5 trillion was repatriated into the United States from overseas.

• Lower investment cost and higher capital returns led to faster growth in the middle class, real wages, and international competitiveness.

Last edited by ASWD; 10-07-2021 at 01:38 AM..

Old 10-07-2021, 01:08 AM

1,655 posts, read 774,332 times
Quote:
Ill give credit where credit is due. Biden is an idiot, but at least he isn't crying on twitter every time he disagrees with someone or if someone disagrees with him. Of Trump's many faults, that was one of his most immature actions.

The name calling was another. I don't care if Hillary called names too, I care that the POTUS is doing it.I detest Biden but at least he isn't Trump.
I’ve been to Twitter maybe 2 times in my life — it really makes no difference to me what Biden or anyone else puts on there.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:15 AM

305 posts, read 102,013 times
I don't know Joe is proving the old saying "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is".

Old 10-07-2021, 01:56 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,489,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Price of rent up, price of cars up, price of gas up, price of food up, price of hotels up, homicides up to record levels, labor shortages up, cost to heat our homes up, country embarrassed on the national stage, country divided as ever, etc, etc.

Serious question — what has he fixed or began to fix?
Blame the stimulus packages, and it's only going to get worse.

Old 10-07-2021, 02:05 AM

7,324 posts, read 3,513,097 times
Quote:

And this is how the general public thinks. All on emotion, not seeing the bigger picture. This is why we are doomed. We have CNN and others manipulating the public with division, false information, sensationalism, and platitudes. We just sit in front of our screens with drool coming out our mouth concurring.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:31 AM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:

Lame post.

Biden hasn't, nor is fixing anything - and you know this.

Biden doesn't twit - his handlers do.

He couldn't find his way out Of a see- through box.

He's incompetent- worthless POS.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
And this is how the general public thinks. All on emotion, not seeing the bigger picture. This is why we are doomed. We have CNN and others manipulating the public with division, false information, sensationalism, and platitudes. We just sit in front of our screens with drool coming out our mouth concurring.
Yep. A modern day version of George Carlin's old line....... everyone is out at the malls, taking money out of their fanny pack and buying sneakers that have LIGHTS IN THEM

We deserve what is happening.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:46 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,153 times
Quote:

The country might be going to hell in a handbasket but at least he doesn't Tweet! Can't make this stuff up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies