Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 09:20 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
What is your vitamin D level?

I'm sure there are more than a few people like you. There has been a lot of curiosity about things like Long Covid, which are then used to stoke fear. There is ZERO curiosity about things like this, that could potentially offer hope if we found out that a certain sub-set of the population is somehow resistant. For that reason, scientists will never study it. Only fear sells, because it leads to Almighty Pharma.
Last blood test I did (back in May) I was 65ng/ml. I spend a lot of time outside (running, swimming) so I'd be surprised if it was low, ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

So it makes sense that people who limit exposure to all vaccines may be more resistant to covid infection. Afaic; covid is a pandemic of the vaccinated, from the vaccinated.
As for me, I never got the Flu vaccine because I never get the Flu. It never occurred to me to get medicine for something I don't get. When I was younger, I never had a strong firm opinion on anything, and if I was catching the Flu regularly I would be first in the doctor's office with my sleeve rolled up. But it never happened.

In fact my ex-wife regularly got the flu, and I never got it. Sometimes I think there is still a lot we don't understand about virology, how we could share the same bed, I could smell the virus in her, and I felt normal.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:30 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Last blood test I did (back in May) I was 65ng/ml. I spend a lot of time outside (running, swimming) so I'd be surprised if it was low, ever.
Wow, that's really good. I'm outside a lot but after an entire summer only got up to 39. I was shocked when I got the test back. I'm now supplementing with 4000 iu a day because my doctor thinks I should be at least 50 ng/ml. Meanwhile, there are some doctors who don't acknowledge D at all beyond the bare minimum set by the government.

I wonder if it is your vitamin D levels that make you resistant to viruses?

Old 10-07-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Wow, that's really good. I'm outside a lot but after an entire summer only got up to 39. I was shocked when I got the test back. I'm now supplementing with 4000 iu a day because my doctor thinks I should be at least 50 ng/ml. Meanwhile, there are some doctors who don't acknowledge D at all beyond the bare minimum set by the government.

I wonder if it is your vitamin D levels that make you resistant to viruses?
I think diet is also important. I eat a lot of fruit, some cheese/eggs, and a lot of fish. Especially salmon and tuna.

If you take D3 supplements, try to maximize their absorption by paying attention to your diet and gut biome. I'm very picky on that, I eat a lot of leefy green vegetables and still supplement with probiotics.

Old 10-07-2021, 10:16 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Something else is going on. Even if my immune system is top notch, when I inhale the virus, it should work against it, and therefore I will have antibodies.

It's like my immune system never saw it, due to all the times I have been negative on antibody tests.

Is it something about my body, that even if I inhale the virus, it cannot access my cells?
Yes, it is plausible that there is something else about your body that makes it resistant to the virus. For example, the virus enters a cell by binding to the ACE2 receptor. Perhaps you have a mutation in your receptor that makes it harder for the virus to bind. There is a lot of genetic variability with respect to disease susceptibility, and most of it is not well understood.

Old 10-07-2021, 10:41 AM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Not vaxxed, never infected with this GOF virus.

At the start of this pandemic we were all the same. Little by little, some of us got the virus, some got vaccinated, and others both.

What's true now is that there are very little of us left who are neither.

What's so special about us? I want to know.

In 2020, I traveled 60,000 international miles, been in and out of restaurants, house parties.
This year, close to 80,000 international miles, even took care of my COVID + mother, again no infection.

Yet I have friends who sheltered in place, got vaccinated, and as soon as they resumed normal life, got COVID.

WTF is going on?
Well, I don't know what is going on, but I am like you -- and if the virus was all THAT contagious, my husband and I should have gotten it, also, by this time considering how much necessary interaction we had to have with many people last year and how many trips we had to take. But, like you, we are not vaccinated and have never been infected to our knowledge.

The only thing I can say is to once again suggest that the Diamond Princess figures are telling. 12 days at sea before the infection was discovered, and yet only 712 out of the 3,711 people on board ever got infected. This tells me that either the virus was never highly infectious or that up to 80% of people had some kind of immunity to it.

And, yes, I know that people are almost certainly going to argue with the above -- but my point is that if people could be infected from "infected surfaces" or from having only brief and casual contact with people who were infected or who had recently been exposed to people who were infected, the percentage of people infected would have been much higher than just about 20%, I think.

And like you I have known very few people who got infected, and one person did not get COVID even after being completely isolated with his COVID-infected wife for two weeks.

Again, I have NO idea what the actual truth is to all of this, but physical force will be required for me to take any of the current injections,

Old 10-07-2021, 10:48 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
WTF is going on?
You're confusing anecdote with data. Statistics with a sample size of 1 really do not work too well.

Old 10-07-2021, 10:49 AM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
One thing is I smoke and what I understand is that the Nicotine in cigarette smoke out competes Sars-Cov-2 for the same receptors, blocking it from entering cells.

But still, studies showed only something like 20-30% efficacy of this.
LOL.. your brain on anti-vaxxer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies