Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 10:54 AM

4,627 posts, read 4,894,804 times

Advertisements

Well, I'd say William Henry Harrison. He died 30 days into his presidency. Hard to get worse than that.
Garfield was assassinated 4 months into his presidency.

So what worse, getting sick on inauguration day or shot by an assassin? I'd say Harrison had the worst first year of any president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 11:12 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Well, I'd say William Henry Harrison. He died 30 days into his presidency. Hard to get worse than that.
Garfield was assassinated 4 months into his presidency.

So what worse, getting sick on inauguration day or shot by an assassin? I'd say Harrison had the worst first year of any president.
Haha. Good point. Although Harrison and Garfield didn't create many problems for the nation itself in their short times...

I'm not sure why we'd be surprised though. Even Biden's own party says he's been wrong on almost every decision he's made in the past 50 years in various offices.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:59 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,613 times
Lincoln had a pretty rough first 9 months.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:10 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They tell us that Trump was the worse but come on man, do you believe them or your lying eyes and bank accounts?

Joe is a disaster and what is really scary is Kamala is worse.

Trump was elected through a ground swell of Patriotism that put America First. Biden/Harris were "selected" for name recognition, gender and skin tone.

What is ironic is how the Left told us from 2016- 2020 how Trump was going to destroy the country and the Democrats out of frustration that it did not happen are now hell bent on a path of destruction.

We need to ask ourselves is this due to shear incompetence or are they doing it on purpose?
I guess they believe tweeting is worse then literally destroying our country or trying to.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:10 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I'm trying to view things in the most non partisan manner possible... I really don't think there has been a worse president right out of the gate. And I really do believe Joe will go down as being the worst, if the institutions keeping score are honest about it. But I don't think they will be. He will be placed among the bottom 25%, when the dust settles, but they will reserve last place for DJT, since he was an outsider and shook up the establishment.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:08 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm trying to view things in the most non partisan manner possible... I really don't think there has been a worse president right out of the gate. And I really do believe Joe will go down as being the worst, if the institutions keeping score are honest about it. But I don't think they will be. He will be placed among the bottom 25%, when the dust settles, but they will reserve last place for DJT, since he was an outsider and shook up the establishment.

Are you kidding? Those lame lists that liberals write will have him in the top 15 of all time! He saved us from the Orange Menace and "won" the election with the "most votes ever"

They are the same people who write that the USA is not in the top 20 countries in the world

Old 10-07-2021, 05:26 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
For those really in charge, everything is going great. Exactly as planned, in fact, even better than expected.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:37 PM

930 posts, read 333,758 times
I'd say Andrew Johnson (Lincoln's VP) was even worse. He was drunk/hung over for his inauguration, and gave a rambling, incoherent speech. He unremittingly blocked the reconstruction policies that Republicans wanted in order to bring the South back into the union. He set us back 100 years in terms of race relations.

He was impeached, but survived conviction in the Senate by 1 vote. Granted, the impeachment was as bogus as those of Trump. Johnson was accused of violating a law that was later ruled unconstitutional.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:43 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Obviously I'm not versed on every president in US history, but wow, what a disastrous 9 months.

Inflation
Afghanistan debacle
Border disaster
2nd surge of the China Virus
Destroyed relationships with France and England
More than half the country feeling the president has dementia
Rising gas prices
Loss of energy independence and the destruction of the Keystone Pipeline
Blowing up civilians in a botched drone strike
Largest collapse in approval rating on most key issues that we've ever seen
Absentee Vice President who is about as ineffective as we've ever seen

I mean, could it be any worse?

Compare this to Trump's first years which was smooth as can be other than the other political party screeching, Obama's first year which largely saw a recovery of a market at the bottom, and Bush's first year which saw the nation rally together because of 9/11.

Anyone have any thoughts for a WORSE opening 9 months?
joey is the worse ever and scary thing is he is just getting warmed up!

Old 10-07-2021, 05:50 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
There's never been any Presidency this disastrous before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies