Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 05:54 PM

930 posts, read 333,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Well, I'd say William Henry Harrison. He died 30 days into his presidency. Hard to get worse than that.
Garfield was assassinated 4 months into his presidency.

So what worse, getting sick on inauguration day or shot by an assassin? I'd say Harrison had the worst first year of any president.
OK, but you've shifted the meaning of 'worse.' Harrison had a pretty good VP, John Tyler (IIRC) who served out the term effectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 06:00 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They tell us that Trump was the worse but come on man, do you believe them or your lying eyes and bank accounts?

Joe is a disaster and what is really scary is Kamala is worse.

Trump was elected through a ground swell of Patriotism that put America First. Biden/Harris were "selected" for name recognition, gender and skin tone.

What is ironic is how the Left told us from 2016- 2020 how Trump was going to destroy the country and the Democrats out of frustration that it did not happen are now hell bent on a path of destruction.

We need to ask ourselves is this due to shear incompetence or are they doing it on purpose?
Of faux Patriotism, not actual Patriotism.

Trump puts himself first.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:10 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Obviously I'm not versed on every president in US history, but wow, what a disastrous 9 months.

Inflation
Afghanistan debacle
Border disaster
2nd surge of the China Virus
Destroyed relationships with France and England
More than half the country feeling the president has dementia
Rising gas prices
Loss of energy independence and the destruction of the Keystone Pipeline
Blowing up civilians in a botched drone strike
Largest collapse in approval rating on most key issues that we've ever seen
Absentee Vice President who is about as ineffective as we've ever seen

I mean, could it be any worse?

Compare this to Trump's first years which was smooth as can be other than the other political party screeching, Obama's first year which largely saw a recovery of a market at the bottom, and Bush's first year which saw the nation rally together because of 9/11.

Anyone have any thoughts for a WORSE opening 9 months?
NOT EVEN OBAMA WAS WORSE mamma.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Obviously I'm not versed on every president in US history, but wow, what a disastrous 9 months.

Inflation
Afghanistan debacle
Border disaster
Rising gas prices

Compare this to Trump's first years which was smooth as can be other than the other political party screeching, Obama's first year which largely saw a recovery of a market at the bottom, and Bush's first year which saw the nation rally together because of 9/11.

Nope, Biden will hold the record. And the frustrating thing is, the man does not give a flying rat's ass what hardships and heartaches he causes. When is the last time he even acknowledged all the US citizens, green card holders and special visa holders he left behind in enemy controlled Afghanistan?

He just does not care about any of us. If he or his family ever needs more money, Hunter can just throw paint on canvas and make another cool million. He and his are taken care of, screw the rest of us.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:42 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Biden is the worst of the worst. Biden is already the single worst president ever and he has many more bad things to do before he is removed from the White House basement.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:25 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Must suck being a B1den voter. Knowing you voted for the worst President ever. Ya's sux as bad as Puppet Boy. Don't say - you weren't warned.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:37 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Of faux Patriotism, not actual Patriotism.

Trump puts himself first.

So what is real patriotism??? Putting China first, so the "big guy" can get his 10%???

Old 10-08-2021, 06:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Tough taking over a country in crisis mode.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:40 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
I think it's a bit unfair to try to determine if Joe is the worst ever. Most of us only remember the last 17-18 out of 46 - so less than half.

Is he bad? Yep, worst I can remember. But, in my opinion, that is what happens when an establishment/entrenched politician takes the office.

It was the main reason I voted for Trump. He was definitely NOT establishment. LOL. I liked many of his policies but yeah, he could be a bit of an ass.

And yes, Patriotism ELECTED Trump. Not Trump's Patriotism he is most definitely a narcissist; but the Patriotism of the voters is what elected him. And, of course, Hillary was just so deplorable (hee hee).

Old 10-08-2021, 06:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:

Inflation
Afghanistan debacle
Border disaster
Rising gas prices

After a year in which the economy was shut down and prices suppressed due to a pandemic, some inflation is to be expected. The Afghanistan departure was mishandled, I agree. The rest of your items are either untrue or inconsequential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies