Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 11:36 AM

1,929 posts, read 559,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It was not a rigged election. Trump was easily his worst political enemy. For starters, not everybody and their dog could possibly vote for a man, Trump, who was so unpatriotic as to salute his enemy, a North Korean General and who clowned around by pretending to conduct the orchestra while the National Anthem was being played.
You mean like Obama bowing to foreign powers? What type of dialog does Biden have with North Korea? Shouldn't he want to be friends with them like the Taliban? I don't hear much praise for that action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 12:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It was not a rigged election. Trump was easily his worst political enemy. For starters, not everybody and their dog could possibly vote for a man, Trump, who was so unpatriotic as to salute his enemy, a North Korean General and who clowned around by pretending to conduct the orchestra while the National Anthem was being played.
Would you please explain this entire video to me? I'm dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CbW9GZqqEE

Old 10-08-2021, 12:14 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
In their heart of hearts, a lot of people were voting against Trump, not for Biden.
That is certainly true for me. I wake up every morning thanking the Lord that we don't have Trump in the White House anymore.

I didn't have great expectations for Joe. For the first few months I was pleasantly surprised, because he made great progress in rolling out the vaccine and passed the stimulus bill. Then we had inflation (which I don't blame on him) and the Afghanistan thing (which I do), so I wouldn't say I am enthused about Biden right now. But I shrug my shoulders and say "well, he's still a lot better than the orange clown".

I remember Ronald Reagan's first term. We had a deep recession and 10% unemployment. After 2 years his approval rating was down to 41%. But today he is remembered favorably; the jury is still out on Joe Biden.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
You mean like Obama bowing to foreign powers? What type of dialog does Biden have with North Korea? Shouldn't he want to be friends with them like the Taliban? I don't hear much praise for that action.
So I didn't vote for Obama for reelection in 2012.

What did Trump gain in having a dialog with the ruler of N. Korea? Not very long after he saluted the N. Korean General, N. Korea launched its biggest offensive missile ever. Biden isn't friends with either N. Korea or Taliban. I don't blame him.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Would you please explain this entire video to me? I'm dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CbW9GZqqEE
If I could, if would require yet further lurching away from thread topic. What the series from the start.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:53 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Try as I may, I have yet to see or hear much enthusiasm for the president who supposedly won the most votes in history. It's the strangest thing in the world. I haven't heard a peep of enthusiasm or anything specifically about Biden from ANY of my Democrat family and friends since he was elected. Keep in mind, I come from a huge working class Democrat background so nearly all my family and friends are Democrats. Complete radio silence. They'll talk about Ron DeSantis, other Republican governors, the vaccine, still Trump, etc but nobody ever discusses Biden, the man they voted for...like at all.
I don't talk about him either, but would vote for him again in a nanosecond. And I certainly don't talk about him on this forum.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:54 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
In their heart of hearts, a lot of people were voting against Trump, not for Biden.

Bernie Sanders had most of the energy, but the powers that be were certainly not going to let him get the nomination.
Yup. Bernie will always be my first choice.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:58 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Wow, you've gone full Jonestown.
I wouldn’t recommend for cultists to drink the lethal Kool-Aid, but it would simplify things.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:00 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't talk about him either, but would vote for him again in a nanosecond. And I certainly don't talk about him on this forum.
It always comes down to a binary choice. They can’t seen to understand that.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:41 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I agree. Trump cheated.
Thought it was impossible to cheat? Make up your minds…. Now you are saying that there is a possible chance that Biden cheated….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies