Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 05:54 PM

497 posts, read 695,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Anti-vaxxers had a legitimate point when the vaccine was experimental. But now that it has been fully approved, it's no different than shots for measles, chicken pox, mumps, etc. for kids in school. Employers have every right to insist of proof of vaccinations if they want to.
Even for people with a medical exemption? I know of a company that is firing people even when they have submitted a letter from an MD stating the person is not a candidate for the vaccine due to the person's medical history - which was explained in the letter. Fortunately the person can afford to leave the job, but I feel sorry for people who feel like they have to risk their health to keep their job. And the person isn't an anti-vaxxer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 05:59 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Well, now moms are terrorists.
This is really getting out of control.
And anyone who doesn’t realize what is happening, and what is wrong with it either just doesn’t care(aka supports communism)or is mentally retarded.
Look at Australia who knew of all places how government would crack down (and crack heads) for those that protest. There is only one thing stopping that in the U.S.A and the left have been after that amendment for years.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:06 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
As far as I know, no one has held anyone down and injected them with a vaccine they did not want. Its your 'freedom' to reject it just like its business owners freedom to require it for their employees/patrons. Its totally fair and legal as long as the same standard is applied to everyone.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:09 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I’m not going to shame someone for getting the vaccine to keep their job, they have families to support. But I’m not at least till I decide to take it. I’m not against people getting the vaccine, but I don’t want to force anyone to take anything they don’t want to.
Maybe you don't but the guy running the country does and he has the power to make it happen.
Which he did by EO.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:14 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Natural immunity should be an option though.
Been working for me and my family and friends and many coworkers.

Sadly many I know who got the vaccines have not faired so well!

Old 10-08-2021, 03:29 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Anti-vaxxers had a legitimate point when the vaccine was experimental. But now that it has been fully approved, it's no different than shots for measles, chicken pox, mumps, etc. for kids in school. Employers have every right to insist of proof of vaccinations if they want to.
Vioxx was fully approved too

Old 10-08-2021, 03:30 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
The best way to fight back is to form a political group now, and to vote in a bloc. 20-30% of us unvaccinated, voting in a bloc, can sway an election.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Are BioNtech and Comirnaty the same thing?

Are both available right now?

And, most importantly, do both have "approval"?
Elliott phone home.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:45 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Are BioNtech and Comirnaty the same thing?

Are both available right now?

And, most importantly, do both have "approval"?
And the "approval" for the unavailable product is baloney anyway....purely politically driven. It could never be approved based on safety or effectiveness.

Everything coming from Biden's federal government is a lie.

Old 10-09-2021, 02:05 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I feel like people will just comply but others argue with me saying no and that making it a mandate would ruin businesses and many would fight. Yet 97% of United airlines employees were vaccinated. So it seems like most people will do what they need to do to keep their jobs. Also restaurants, Broadway etc....in NYC are full. So most people are vaccinated and going about their lives. What happened to the freedom and standing up to what we believe.
We are weakened by money. It can cause someone to do things that they don't believe in because this capitalistic society doesn't allow you to fight.

Quote:
I'm glad you trust the FDA. You probably lead a very blessed life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies