Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 02:00 PM

16,611 posts, read 10,804,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Only after you give us hell for Denny’s racist seating policies of the Nineties, of course.
Don't get me started on that one. I remember it well, and it was so infuriating. (I wasn't there personally, but I heard a lot about it from someone in the know.) A large group of people (the fact that they were black should have been irrelevant, but it never is in our race-obsessed society) wanted to be seated together. Since the restaurant was crowded, they couldn't be accommodated right away. The staff figured out which section was likely to clear first, so as diners finished their meals and left from that section, those tables were left open so that when enough people had left, the tables could be pushed together and the group could be seated. Meanwhile, diners were also departing from other tables in different sections of the restaurant. As they did, smaller parties (groups of 4 or less) who came in after the big group would be seated at those tables.

The large group threw a hissy fit because people who came in behind them were being seated first, completely ignoring the fact that the staff was working on a solution to allow them to be seated together, but it would take time. And, of course, they played the race card. Because that's what liberals do. (How do I know that they were liberal? Because they played the race card, of course!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 02:05 PM

22,586 posts, read 12,161,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Plus, where the hell is Murfreesboro, Tennessee?? Is this tiny place still engaging in similar things, or was this incident a one off, where people were clueless on how to handle simple matters?

Was this really racism, or was it just unfortunate events that occurred in a mostly minority school? I really don't even care to read the details, because the thread is about stirring up racism over events that happened many ears ago, and nothing more than race baiting.
I agree. It's all about race baiting.

The interesting thing is that if Norm is looking for something to get outraged about, he doesn't have to look for it in the US. Especially when Canada recently had a big scandal over their treatment regarding First Nation children in the past.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
May 2021

A surge of attacks in one of Canada’s most multicultural cities during the pandemic is surfacing long-simmering racial tensions.

Last year, more anti-Asian hate crimes were reported to police in Vancouver, a city of 700,000 people, than in the top 10 most populous U.S. cities combined.

Canada has a problem with widespread racism!!!!!
I ran out of rep but...good catch!

Why hasn't Norm started a thread about that? My guess is that he likes to think that Canada is superior to the US and that such things never happen in The Great White North.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:22 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,629,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Don't get me started on that one. I remember it well, and it was so infuriating. (I wasn't there personally, but I heard a lot about it from someone in the know.) A large group of people (the fact that they were black should have been irrelevant, but it never is in our race-obsessed society) wanted to be seated together. Since the restaurant was crowded, they couldn't be accommodated right away. The staff figured out which section was likely to clear first, so as diners finished their meals and left from that section, those tables were left open so that when enough people had left, the tables could be pushed together and the group could be seated. Meanwhile, diners were also departing from other tables in different sections of the restaurant. As they did, smaller parties (groups of 4 or less) who came in after the big group would be seated at those tables.

The large group threw a hissy fit because people who came in behind them were being seated first, completely ignoring the fact that the staff was working on a solution to allow them to be seated together, but it would take time. And, of course, they played the race card. Because that's what liberals do. (How do I know that they were liberal? Because they played the race card, of course!)
You sound like you think using the word "liberal" like it's an insult. Do you think it should be?

Old 10-08-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree. It's all about race baiting.

The interesting thing is that if Norm is looking for something to get outraged about, he doesn't have to look for it in the US. Especially when Canada recently had a big scandal over their treatment regarding First Nation children in the past.
It is a tragedy what happened to First Nations children. And the government and the churches that perpetuated those horrible circumstances need to be held to account.

Just like the instance that was reported on in the OP.\

Don't do the "Whataboutism" schtick. It's old, and doesn't address issues.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
Absolutely. You should be embarrassed to have such a low moral compass and 24/7 victim mentality.
Being a liberal has nothing do do with a victim mentality. Nor does being a conservative, although listening to many, it sounds like they think they are constantly being attacked.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:26 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,451,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Normstad’s reading up on a girl named Tawana Brawley. He’ll be back soon enough to take America to task over that. After that: the Duke Lacrosse team.

He’ll catch up some day.

hahaha! That is awesome. C-D wont let me rep you anymore right now but lort that was good.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:27 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,451,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It is a tragedy what happened to First Nations children. And the government and the churches that perpetuated those horrible circumstances need to be held to account.

really? your replying? serously 2016. The only thing you should be saying in this thread is that you are sorry.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:52 PM

16,611 posts, read 10,804,502 times
Quote:
You sound like you think using the word "liberal" like it's an insult. Do you think it should be?
Liberals are the ones who falsely claim racism, again and again and again. In the story that I described, the group members blamed their tardy seating on the fact that they are black, instead of on perfectly sound operational reasons. Liberals play the race card. Conservatives do not. So yes, I do intend it to be an insult.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Can you point us to the thread that you started about the First Nation children? I think many of us would like to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies