Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 09:50 AM

48,720 posts, read 35,287,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I feel your pain. I was forced to buy store brand cream cheese yesterday. Not a tub of Philly in sight. I mean, c'mon, how much more of this horror show are we expected to take?!?

I will confess that I have been seeing some empty shelves over the last 18 months, and certain brands seem to be missing more often than not, but overall we are still well stocked in our stores. No one is going to starve. This is just more fearmongering to try to get people riled up and will do more harm than good when people start hoarding supplies again.
I definitely get the feeling they do not understand what the WWII shortages were really like.

Yeah, I've seen empty shelves, then they are stocked the next week, and then a different shelf is empty.

I find it sad how delicate the population has become. "no ranch dortitos!!!!! It's the end of the world as we know it!"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 09:52 AM

3,121 posts, read 1,593,175 times
I havent read this whole thread but with a shortage of truck drivers, 80,000 the news reported last nite, and a vaccination mandate of Dec 8th for drivers of Fedex, UPS, DHL, et al delivery services according to an article in Apple news today, things are going to get very tight. There is also the vaccine mandate for TSA workers on the monday before thanksgiving. That should frustrate travel for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:01 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,186,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I definitely get the feeling they do not understand what the WWII shortages were really like.

Yeah, I've seen empty shelves, then they are stocked the next week, and then a different shelf is empty.

I find it sad how delicate the population has become. "no ranch dortitos!!!!! It's the end of the world as we know it!"
THIS!!!!!

When CBS did a story on the shortages for their Sunday morning show. They highlighted a DC suburban mom that can't get her favorite brand of tortillas so she has to settle -- lol.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:12 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,455,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supply-...ia-ports-2021/
Neighborhood streets clogged by trucks hauling shipping containers

WHAT CLOGGED WITH TRUCKS...but somebody is telling folks no trucks can get to the ports.
Lol. Did you read the entire article. They are saying red tape of democrat California is a huge reason for backup and delay in moving containers. In addition a consortium of businesses have pleading with Newsom to do more. The leftist policies of California are partially to blame for this mess.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:15 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,455,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

You libs are really stretching to support Biden’s falling empire. You are basically saying we should lower our expectations because we are not as bad off as after a major world war. Lol. Y’all are lunatics.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:15 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,186,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Lol. Did you read the entire article. They are saying red tape of democrat California is a huge reason for backup and delay in moving containers. In addition a consortium of businesses have pleading with Newsom to do more. The leftist policies of California are partially to blame for this mess.
I did. But having posted links from other groups that clearly state that the air quality standards are not responsible for the backlog I felt okay to allow another group's view.

But clearly the air quality is not a major issue.

It is NOT why there is a backlog.
The group calling for further action is just trying to get rid of regulations -- riding the coat tails of the shipping crisis that was not created by any of those issues cited by them.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:38 AM

12,146 posts, read 6,670,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went into a store during a road trip and there was no meat at all. It was empty.

I saw empty shelves.. many empty shelves. It looked like the film I saw in Cuba where they have no food.
Was this in Florida stores you saw this?
Just did my monthly stock up at Costco, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods — shelves were fully stocked.
I am in Virginia.

I did have to wait five months for a microwave part, and the appliance repair people said it was because of the supply chain problem.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:48 AM

48,720 posts, read 35,287,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Just did my monthly stock up at Costco, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods — shelves were fully stocked.
I am in Virginia.

I did have to wait five months for a microwave part, and the appliance repair people said it was because of the supply chain problem.
Yeah, repairs on our truck are taking forever, and they are waiting on one part. It's inconvenient, but we'll live.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2021, 10:52 AM

18,951 posts, read 43,896,713 times
Quote:
I am in Virginia.

I haven't noticed any shortage of foods either.

I think I will just see if my family wants to have Christmas dinner this year and that's all. It will be too aggravating trying to buy gifts this year.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:55 AM

43,864 posts, read 18,868,599 times
Quote:
I am in Virginia.

You are east coast. Ships have been unloaded along the east coast.
The supply problem is west coast with 160 container ships sitting in the water.

We don't all get our processed food from a single port of entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies