Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 03:28 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I actually am on older Boomer. Any yeah, my mother was a gloom and doom person always eagerly waiting for something bad to happen to justify her feelings. There will always be people of all ages following her pattern. But I have chosen not to go down that road
That wasn't my point. Pretty sure you know that, considering your age.

A person doesn't have to be "a gloom and doom person always eagerly waiting for something bad to happen" to have experienced hard times and be able to share those experiences. If you got more out of what I wrote than that, then that's on you, pal. Look in a mirror or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 03:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I listened to the officials say not to hoard last year as it would make things different. I then spent a couple months gathering up leaves to wipe my ass because there was no toilet paper to be found. No thanks. Not falling for that again, especially with so many business leaders telling us flat out just how much worse it's about to be this time around.
I have no doubt you stocked up on leaves but that’s what we call a “you” problem.

Did you use them? Or are they still in your arsenal?

Old 10-08-2021, 03:31 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
We are getting just a taste of what people voted for. The full brunt is just ahead. Buckle up. I will be well stocked so I can sit back and watch all the people who voted for this clown show complain about what they voted for.
It blows my mind that people have allowed themselves to be completely blinded due to the issue being perceived as political. Unbelievable.

If we started a "water is wet" campaign, you can be sure that there'd be a competing "well actually, water is technically dry" narrative which would dominate the headlines until it was simply accepted as true.

The sheep analogy is not only overused, but far too nice to describe these people. Lemmings is more like it. Right off the cliff.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:32 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,488,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The obvious answer is to actually pay what the "free market" decides they are worth. But now all of a sudden that "free market" stuff is disregarded. LOL
THIS is anything but 'free market'.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Unfortunately the longshore workers are not the problem, they make an average of $80-$100,000 and there is no shortage. The problem is the shortage of truck drivers, to get the unloaded goods onto the trains or into the warehouses of the retailers. The longshoremen can unload the ships, but need trucks to put the onto, and when the container terminal runs out of room the ships have to remain offshore. Manufacturing here would be a big help, but so would young people becoming truckers, and that is not exactly a glamorous career for someone with a degree in political science, psychology, or IT.
Don't blame truckers. There was a video a few days ago of lines trucks end to end at the Los Angeles docks waiting to be loaded. Somewhere there is a kink in the system.

Maybe a shortage of crane operators or ??

Old 10-08-2021, 03:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Great. Yet another "Time to panic as the world is coming to an end" thread.
A certain "subset" of people *cough cough* get off on disaster scenarios for some odd reason.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
THIS is anything but 'free market'.
Correct.

But either was last year under Lysol Man.

So now what?

Old 10-08-2021, 04:08 PM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times
when goods and services are scarce the price will go up, this is bad news for those earning low or no wages. Even the price of tents has gone up.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:09 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
We are getting just a taste of what people voted for. The full brunt is just ahead. Buckle up. I will be well stocked so I can sit back and watch all the people who voted for this clown show complain about what they voted for.
So voting for Biden caused energy shortages in China, gas shortages in UK and all the rest? It's a global supply issue. The US is hardly the only country affected, and not even the worst.

Can you explain how?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-08-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So voting for Biden caused energy shortages in China, gas shortages in UK and all the rest? It's a global supply issue. The US is hardly the only country affected, and not even the worst.

Can you explain how?
Because Covid was a global ploy to oust Trump, remember?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies