Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2021, 02:18 PM

18,564 posts, read 9,254,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"You will own nothing and like it." -The Great Reset
It’s like communism, but without the guaranteed job & income from the collective shoe factory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 02:21 PM

18,564 posts, read 9,254,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
You would think that this whole shortage thing, whether it be active ingredients in medicine, computer chips, resins, etc., etc., would be a giant wake up call that the whole "Global economy" thing doesn't work and we need to bring manufacturing back onto our own shore. Find out why companies left, whether it be high corporate taxes, regulations, or whatever and correct those things to bring companies back home. But no, the politicians will do none of that. Actually they'll do just the opposite; raise the tax rates, reverse the regulations President Trump loosened, and drive wages higher to meet with the ever rising inflation.

"Let's go Brandon"!
The easiest way to bring back manufacturing: become a third world country with no labor, environmental, or safety standards. Corporations would be tripping over themselves to open new factories here.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:50 PM

32,314 posts, read 15,261,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Mandates = Biden’s fault! Are you kidding me? Lol

Things were recovering, they’re on the decline now. ALL BIDENS FAULT! 110%!

No things were not recovering. The entire world is experiencing shortages because of the shutdown of everything during this pandemic. Do you think anyone has a magic wand to just get everything back to normal instantly. That's just not going to happen.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:59 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,801,793 times
Odd..as "everything" closed (without workers) due to SARS 2.0 we've managed to provide quite sufficiently now due to unemployment fees few suddenly want to work and after the so-called cash cow has dried 4 September 2021..

Surely the "people" need funds nearly 6 weeks later.

I call B.S.

Appears to be more of a stranglehold on goods...S & D.

Smells like a coin shortage..I kid.. I kid ...but equally as ridiculous.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:19 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,783,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

No things were not recovering. The entire world is experiencing shortages because of the shutdown of everything during this pandemic. Do you think anyone has a magic wand to just get everything back to normal instantly. That's just not going to happen.
According to Brandon, he said it is all because of a lack of Presidential leadership. Of course he said that last year in the middle of the shutdowns, before he became President.

Biden states shortages are because of a lack of Presidential leadership

Old 10-22-2021, 03:48 PM

5,088 posts, read 3,378,406 times
News from The Guardian UK today, cardboard cutouts to hide gaps ...
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-supply-issues

Old 10-22-2021, 05:32 PM

35,851 posts, read 21,267,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Encouraging people to hoard just makes the situation worse.

Maybe we need some entrepreneurs to start manufacturing stuff here in the US again so we are not so dependent on other countries for our goods.

Or maybe some strong young people could apply for jobs at the docks to unload all the cargo.
They have offered other ports and other methods of transport. The cargo planes are on the move. I Rem when all the truckers went in strike n showed up at the White House because gas was too high. I don’t remember when - but we survived. We will survive folks!!

Old 10-22-2021, 05:34 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,949,088 times
COVID shortages were much worse. And just a year ago.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:43 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,282,013 times
California laws do not allow any trucks at the port that is older than 2011. No owner operators allowed either.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:48 PM

73,205 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Unfortunately the longshore workers are not the problem, they make an average of $80-$100,000 and there is no shortage. The problem is the shortage of truck drivers, to get the unloaded goods onto the trains or into the warehouses of the retailers. The longshoremen can unload the ships, but need trucks to put the onto, and when the container terminal runs out of room the ships have to remain offshore. Manufacturing here would be a big help, but so would young people becoming truckers, and that is not exactly a glamorous career for someone with a degree in political science, psychology, or IT.
Most people who go to college don't want to go into trucking. I notice many people who go into trucking either....

1) Never wanted to go to college.
2) Knew they weren't going to get into college.

And personally, I never wanted to go into trucking myself. Trucking is the kind of work that I could never see myself getting into. People tend to go where THEY want to go, not necessarily where they are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies