Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the US become more united under Biden?
The Country has become more united under Biden 6 3.13%
The Country has become more divided under Biden 155 80.73%
About the same 31 16.15%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 05:36 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,790,157 times

Advertisements

Biden and his Liberal buddies have turned race relations back 50 years, with all their fake "Racist Riots" Racist hate of Asians and Blacks and turning it on whites, BS Critical Race Theory-Bunk, Calling Repuplicans White Supremists, bending on their knees for 9 minutes (for the votes) when they could care less for the last 45 years about blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2021, 05:36 PM

30,511 posts, read 21,395,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The heart and soul of America is back though.
It went down the drain jane.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:40 PM

9,552 posts, read 4,379,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, we were quite divided long before Obama. And in many instances, we have OURSELVES to blame for that. America has ALWAYS been divided, from day one. Civil War? Bleeding Kansas? Riots of the 1960s? Racial violence throughout America's history? Think about it. It's ALWAYS been this way.
I disagree. In the heyday of the civil rights movement and the years that followed, we enjoyed significant improvements in civil rights, thanks to truly great people like Rosa Parks and Dr. King. Then we had the rise of the shysters, exemplified by Jessie Jackson. Obama, apparently inspired by Jackson and company, starting unwinding the accomplishments of MLK and other real civil rights leader. It's been downhill ever since. When the fog of wokeness dissipates, Obama will be widely recognized as one of the most evil leaders the world has ever seen. He's not Hitler level, but the widespread impact of his hateful rhetoric will take decades to repair. He's evil incarnate: charismatic and charming - the perfect tool with which to spread hate.

Old 10-09-2021, 07:52 PM

73,141 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I disagree. In the heyday of the civil rights movement and the years that followed, we enjoyed significant improvements in civil rights, thanks to truly great people like Rosa Parks and Dr. King. Then we had the rise of the shysters, exemplified by Jessie Jackson. Obama, apparently inspired by Jackson and company, starting unwinding the accomplishments of MLK and other real civil rights leader. It's been downhill ever since. When the fog of wokeness dissipates, Obama will be widely recognized as one of the most evil leaders the world has ever seen. He's not Hitler level, but the widespread impact of his hateful rhetoric will take decades to repair. He's evil incarnate: charismatic and charming - the perfect tool with which to spread hate.
There might have been gains in civil rights. However, there was still alot of racial strife left over. Alot of people got up in arms about busing, Go look at how some people in Boston reacted to busing. There were still riots going on in the 70s, and even into the 80s and 90s. It might have not been on the same level as it was in the 1950s and 60s.

And something else. I was alive in the 1990s and 2000s. I was 6 years old when the Rodney King riots occurred. Obama had nothing to do with that. Obama had nothing to do with the riots that occurred in Miami and New York during the 1980s/early 1990s. He had nothing to the riot that occurred in Seattle in 2001, or Cincinnati in 2001. The violence between Blacks and Mexicans in Los Angeles, you can't blame that on Obama. Things continued to go crazy even after the civil rights movement accomplished some important things. The truth is, society never really did become truly united.

Old 10-09-2021, 08:19 PM

20,202 posts, read 20,975,450 times
Haha! We’re on the brink of a civil war.
But “Trump bad”

Old 10-09-2021, 08:28 PM

18,553 posts, read 15,636,204 times
I voted "about the same" only because some issues have become more divided (vaccine mandates, critical race theory) and others have become less divided (the election fraud debate, handling of DOJ).

But if there was a "The country is divided over different issues under Biden than it was under Trump" option, I would have selected it.

Old 10-09-2021, 09:23 PM

32,148 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Unfortunately, our country will never be united again. The question is where do we go from here.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:01 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,349,937 times
Quote:
I think we're about the same. We were very divided as a country BEFORE Biden got elected, and we're still there now. Call me a cynic and pessimist, but I feel like America will never fully be united. Many people are of the mentality of "My way or the highway". And I'll admit, there is a part of me that's like this. In order to be united, it will require compromise from everyone. It will require everyone rallying around a unifying cause. And as of now, I don't see that ever happening.
Which is why Balkanization isn't too much of an extremist idea.

Old 10-10-2021, 05:56 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
There might have been gains in civil rights. However, there was still alot of racial strife left over. Alot of people got up in arms about busing, Go look at how some people in Boston reacted to busing. There were still riots going on in the 70s, and even into the 80s and 90s. It might have not been on the same level as it was in the 1950s and 60s.

And something else. I was alive in the 1990s and 2000s. I was 6 years old when the Rodney King riots occurred. Obama had nothing to do with that. Obama had nothing to do with the riots that occurred in Miami and New York during the 1980s/early 1990s. He had nothing to the riot that occurred in Seattle in 2001, or Cincinnati in 2001. The violence between Blacks and Mexicans in Los Angeles, you can't blame that on Obama. Things continued to go crazy even after the civil rights movement accomplished some important things. The truth is, society never really did become truly united.
"And something else. I was alive in the 1990s and 2000s. I was 6 years old when the Rodney King riots occurred", etc., etc.c.

Do you NOT see the pattern?
A black, with along rap sheet, BREAKS THE LAW, AGAIB, is trying to be arrested, resists, and it is the white mans fault

Old 10-10-2021, 06:05 AM

19,285 posts, read 17,167,368 times
I think were about the same, the polarization that emerged during the last administration has continued. With half the country only accepting their way of seeing/doing things, with that unity will be a far flung dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies