Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has your life status changed under the Biden administration?
For the better 18 13.43%
For the worse 87 64.93%
Unchanged 29 21.64%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 12:27 PM

7,986 posts, read 5,032,587 times

Advertisements

Same old same old. rich continue to prosper and steal all the lot , the welfare recipients continue to get handouts and keep breeding more losers, and us working middle class continue to get hosed. this has been going on for YEARS and DECADES . Not just since the dementia patient became president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 12:28 PM

22,181 posts, read 9,765,882 times
I think this is about so much more than skyrocketing inflation and more to come. The economic policies of Biden will ensure an elitist wealthy class who are above the law and the rest of us who are not. We are being censored like I have never seen before. I believe the foreign policy has ensured future terrorist attacks and I believe no one has any more faith in ANY institutions, especially the federal government and the school systems. It has become apparent that they are NOT concerned about people but about wielding permanent power by any means needed including flooding our country with unvetted illegals.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:29 PM

7,986 posts, read 5,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think this is about so much more than skyrocketing inflation and more to come. The economic policies of Biden will ensure an elitist wealthy class who are above the law and the rest of us who are not. We are being censored like I have never seen before. I believe the foreign policy has ensured future terrorist attacks and I believe no one has any more faith in ANY institutions, especially the federal government and the school systems. It has become apparent that they are NOT concerned about people but about wielding permanent power by any means needed including flooding our country with unvetted illegals.

No different that at any time before Biden though

Old 10-10-2021, 12:34 PM

22,181 posts, read 9,765,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
No different that at any time before Biden though
Not sure I agree with that. For example, if a scandal to the level of the President getting payoffs through his son to influence foreign policy had happened, I think the press would have gone after the story and the President would have been forced to resign. Now, they look the other way.

Maybe what's changed now is that we know about it all. I supposed it has been going on for a while to a degree, but it has never been so blatantly in our faces that our government is hugely corrupt.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,800,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
In my experience people who say things like this, aren't.
Did I step on your toes?

Old 10-10-2021, 12:42 PM

1,969 posts, read 682,619 times
Much worse. I'm spending more for everything.

Thankfully, I live so far below my income that it's not a change, yet.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:46 PM

30,975 posts, read 21,778,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Yes. Things were fine before F. Joe Biden came along. Now it's all gone to crap.
So the pandemic didn't affect you at all in 2020, while Trump was president? You simply did as you damned well pleased without worrying about a mask or if bars, restaurants and barber shops would be open? Or, unlike me, you live in such a tiny town the people there didn't feel any need to take precautions against COVID-19?

Old 10-10-2021, 12:50 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,800,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Not sure I agree with that. For example, if a scandal to the level of the President getting payoffs through his son to influence foreign policy had happened, I think the press would have gone after the story and the President would have been forced to resign. Now, they look the other way.

Maybe what's changed now is that we know about it all. I supposed it has been going on for a while to a degree, but it has never been so blatantly in our faces that our government is hugely corrupt.
This is the kicker. It is blatantly in our faces now and there seems to be no end to any of it. The government is completely out of control and shows no concern about how their actions are viewed.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I get the message : We're sorry but please try again

Biden is a menace to society and humanity at large !!!

The harm he has done will take decades to fix, if it can be fixed at all !!!

Everyone is experiencing a lower standard of living and expectations of improvement are equally low, admitted or not !!!

Biden is above the law do to his position in office !!!

If President he could and should be charged for his crimes under :

18 U.S.C. § 1001 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1001. Statements or entries generally

https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/...nt-18-usc-1001

(a)  Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully--

(1)  falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2)  makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation;  or

(3)  makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331 ), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.  If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591 , then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.
Hillary Clinton wasn't charged with anything so dream on forever that Biden will be charged with any crime. At best, hope for his impeachment in 2023. I'm sure Republicans are anxious to do that to get back at Democrats for doing it to Trump.

Since you seem to know so much, please tell us what all Trump would have done to prevent all the shortages, inflation and the COVID-19 that is still strongly with us?

Old 10-10-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Everything costs more under Biden

Vaccine mandate for federal employee because I am a federal employee
Government mandates for covid vaccines are bad, since the serious side effects associated with them are not rare enough for comfort. Vaccines may only work to prevent a severe case leaving you still feeling good enough to get out but capable of spreading the virus. Instead of vaccines, the employer just requiring employees to wear masks and get temp taken should work out well enough. Many hospitals require doing that.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-10-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies