Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:23 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's fine, just don't say "I'm not racist but . . "

Say "I'm not willing to stay with Afghan refugees because they are violent and rowdy and will steal my stuff". There's no reason to attempt to preface it by saying you don't have racist feelings about them.

It would be interesting to hear if there have actually been any problems, besides joyful children skipping and running down the halls.
LOL. “Racism.”

Couldn’t possibly be any other issue, right?

I’m gay. Would I be at risk if my partner and I stayed at this hotel and were suspected of being gay? To me, that’s more of a cultural and/or religious thing than it is race, but hey, let’s blame everything on racism, to the point where people stop sharing opinions for fear of being accused of being racist. All opinions that may be a bit negative toward Afghan refugees must be shut down immediately!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 11:29 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
the OP should have included the fact this is a UK hotel.

they used a "no cancellation" reservation. They got what they paid for.
God forbid people read the article. Or the terms and conditions when buying goods and services.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:30 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:

Say "I'm not willing to stay with Afghan refugees because they are violent and rowdy and will steal my stuff". There's no reason to attempt to preface it by saying you don't have racist feelings about them.

It would be interesting to hear if there have actually been any problems, besides joyful children skipping and running down the halls.

Just in case you've missed it -

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62086715-post13.html

So if it were a question of just Afghan women with children - it would be simply a question of huge inconvenience for everyone else, since it's obvious that the bunch of kids is not going to sit cooped in the room all day long.

They will be running around creating havoc - it's a given.

But if there are Afghan men around as well - yes, there would be a security concern as well.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
LOL. “Racism.”

Couldn’t possibly be any other issue, right?

I’m gay. Would I be at risk if my partner and I stayed at this hotel and were suspected of being gay? To me, that’s more of a cultural and/or religious thing than it is race, but hey, let’s blame everything on racism, to the point where people stop sharing opinions for fear of being accused of being racist. All opinions that may be a bit negative toward Afghan refugees must be shut down immediately!
I don't know whether you and your partner would be at more risk in this hotel from Afghan refugees, or with more traditional guests. I don't know. If there actually IS a problem, that's something the hotel management needs to work out with their Refugee Services agency, to get a handle on so that their guests aren't treated worse than to be exposed to exuberant and boisterous children.

At 35 bucks a night, I wouldn't expect a great experience - you get what you pay for, so there's that.

But let's define racism this way, which was the definition that came up first when I googled:

Racism - the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

I think saying I won't stay in a hotel because there are Afghan refugees there, fits this definition, don't you?

(This definition doesn't stipulate that racism is WRONG, morally or that the beliefs about that community are factually incorrect. You're racist if you expect bad behavior from individuals who belong to a community, and there's some basis for those beliefs. That's still racist).

Old 10-10-2021, 11:38 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:

Some people are not accustomed to be politically correct. After all their culture is so much more barbaric and I am not speaking racism here but the fact that they whip their women, rape their women, take child brides and also practice lying to manipulate and is acceptable to their religion to get the upper hand in any situation. They practice Taqiyya..deception of what they truly are thinking.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...n/taqiyya.aspx

Old 10-10-2021, 11:40 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
It's okay if the American flag makes people feel unsafe, but if two women are concerned about their safety - given ALL the reports in Europe about sexual assaults on women by Afghan refugees - they're "Karen's".

Gotta love the left.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:52 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Two female military members have reported being assaulted by them on base.

But we should just ignore that and close our eyes because ?????
Anybody assaulting people should jailed while waiting on the next plane to Afghanistan.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:06 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveDarvy View Post
These refugees are escaping right wing Muslims.
Just going on statistics, I can state with total assurance that almost every single one of those refugees ARE Muslim, of whatever wing. And that, right there, is a huge part of the problem. Yes, I said it. Does that make me racist?

Old 10-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Just going on statistics, I can state with total assurance that almost every single one of those refugees ARE Muslim, of whatever wing. And that, right there, is a huge part of the problem. Yes, I said it. Does that make me racist?
Yes, it does.

It doesn't always make you wrong, though. And that's the point. It's theoretically possible be racist, but not be wrong.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
God forbid people read the article. Or the terms and conditions when buying goods and services.
Does not stop those who don't, from getting their 15 minutes of fame.

Hotels are under no obligation to disclose large groups within their hotels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies