Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 06:12 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's fine, just don't say "I'm not racist but . . "

Say "I'm not willing to stay with Afghan refugees because they are violent and rowdy and will steal my stuff". There's no reason to attempt to preface it by saying you don't have racist feelings about them.

It would be interesting to hear if there have actually been any problems, besides joyful children skipping and running down the halls.
"joyful children"?

You, too, should watch the video in post #13. That way you will get a good idea as to how those "joyful children" were behaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Makes you prejudiced, based on someone's religion. Pick a term you like better, but the act still belittles you.
Well, gee, Dane. Your own country has limited Muslim immigration. Did this act belittle your entire country and its citizens and that would include you?

Old 10-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"joyful children"?

You, too, should watch the video in post #13. That way you will get a good idea as to how those "joyful children" were behaving.
Rats. I watched that whole 9+ minute video expecting video clips of what they're talking about but there weren't any. Several of the reviews seemed to refer to the same incident - a child smashing a fire extinguisher. Others mentioned "drunks" hanging about (muslims don't drink) and other unsavory people checking into the hotel behind them in line. (So, not the refugees).

Others mentioned that their rooms were unclean (staff problem, and caused by other paying guests), there was a long line to check in (staff problem) and thefts from rooms (staff problem).

And yes, I would bet children running up and down hallways are "joyful". We've all seen unsupervised children in hotels, and they don't look joyful to you? Unsupervised, yes, and hopefully won't plow down some old person, but they look joyful to me.

Many reviews complained that the refugees had their own separate dining room. For god's sake, the hotel guests wanted nothing more than to be free of these "vermin", and then they complain they aren't dining intermingled?

I've said all along, we need to get AMERICAN citizens (and the brits need to get BRITISH citizens out of Afghanistan), and that's it. We don't need to be hauling everyone out of that country that wants to leave. It's their country. I don't know why so many on this forum said we need to get them all out, and Biden was a failure for not getting them all who wanted to leave.

This hotel charges 35-50 bucks US per night. What in the world would you expect?

Old 10-10-2021, 06:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
This thread perfectly illustrates why people remain ignorant. Instead of asking questions about why someone would be concerned about safety, and perhaps learning something, some of you just paint these women with an ugly brush as though you're all better people.

You wouldn't have known this unless you regularly read foreign news, but in Europe, the refugees have been a nightmare. This has nothing to do with religion - America and Europe are filled with Muslims who are great citizens. This has to do with culture, drug use, and inbreeding of many of those coming from these countries, in today's world.

Sexual assaults and arson were so bad in Germany they paid police officers to come out of retirement and handed out condoms asking the refugees to please use them. 2,000 sexual assaults in just one night in Cologne. They destroy things when they're unhappy about something, or start them on fire, relieve themselves on the street in front of everyone because it's more convenient than seeking out a bathroom, and have no problem going up to women and grabbing them.

Now why would any woman feel safe in an environment where they're going to be in dark hallways or in an elevator with someone who could be like this?

Are you all insane or just heartless know-it-all's?

Old 10-10-2021, 07:08 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I love how the people on the first few pages were blaming this on Biden's America when it occurred in England. Scarborough is a seaside resort and I wouldn't blame these women for not feeling safe with 200 non English speaking, unassimilated, unvetted refugees sharing the space with them. Sounds like total chaos with unsupervised kids running up and down the halls--these people are probably traumatized from their experience and are not ready to be put in with ordinary people.

Old 10-10-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This thread perfectly illustrates why people remain ignorant. Instead of asking questions about why someone would be concerned about safety, and perhaps learning something, some of you just paint these women with an ugly brush as though you're all better people.

You wouldn't have known this unless you regularly read foreign news, but in Europe, the refugees have been a nightmare. This has nothing to do with religion - America and Europe are filled with Muslims who are great citizens. This has to do with culture, drug use, and inbreeding of many of those coming from these countries, in today's world.

Sexual assaults and arson were so bad in Germany they paid police officers to come out of retirement and handed out condoms asking the refugees to please use them. 2,000 sexual assaults in just one night in Cologne. They destroy things when they're unhappy about something, or start them on fire, relieve themselves on the street in front of everyone because it's more convenient than seeking out a bathroom, and have no problem going up to women and grabbing them.

Now why would any woman feel safe in an environment where they're going to be in dark hallways or in an elevator with someone who could be like this?

I couldn't rep you again, so I owe you one. Very well said

Old 10-11-2021, 06:11 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
You typically cant cancel the reservation past 6pm on the day of. Racial profiling is illegal, you cant argue that those people are statistically more likely to rape you as a basis to break your agreement with the hotel. You are welcome to take your business elsewhere, just not entitled to a refund for that night.
Lets agree that its likely that if the hotel was being used for refugees, its was overcrowded, that they might have been unruly people/children just by the factor of the language barrier, cultural things etc. It is also likely that the hotel would have not been prepared as in their staff is not trained for refugee resettlement, all those things could have attributed to a subpar experience and the management of the hotel should have been as flexible as possible, sure.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:15 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If you are one of those hotel guests complaining about this but voted for Biden...
The hotel is located in the UK, not in the US. Nothing to do with Biden.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

I have tried to find some kind of media back-up to your allegations posted here. I've tried every search term I could think of, to bring up articles that would corroborate what you are saying.

Nor have I been able to find any police reports of unruliness in the UK hotel situation, besides complaints that children are unruly and people are peeing in the hotel, although it's a little hard to tell who is doing it, and it seems unbelievable the management wouldn't stop that.

Do you have any reputable links to the bolded? Thank you.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:26 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Two female military members have reported being assaulted by them on base.

But we should just ignore that and close our eyes because ?????
The frequent sexual assault of women in the military is horrifically common. Gee, I wonder who the perpetrators are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies