Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 03:59 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times

Advertisements

turned tv off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 04:05 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
I go out in public and purposely cough in peoples’ faces.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:07 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Just like during Lent, I quit brushing my left top eye tooth.

I'm also mocking stupidity, such as the premise of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I only wear my mask on days that end with "y."
Attaway!

Old 10-10-2021, 04:16 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What can we really do? The Left is so good at banning together and marching down the street in protest to their local "riot". They are also great at forming boycotts and cancelling anyone that offends them.

The Right has never been that narrow minded, mean or angry.

All we can really do is hold on to what we have and pray that there will be something left of the country in 11 months.

It is crazy how far the Left can push us but they have not pushed the right buttons yet but when they do there will be trouble.
They did fail to close chic-fil-A down or hurt their profits, same with hobby lobby

Old 10-10-2021, 04:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
My resistance has been very passive so far.
I ripped up the CDC card in March after getting my shot.
My reasoning to people: Well it's just a vaccine reminder card and I got J&J..one shot.
I suspected it would be used for more and it proved to be true.

When the law of the land comes to all businesses I won't be able to enter places except hopefully the supermarket.
I plan to stand and support the unvaccinated.

I'm retired and in a much better place than most who have to make some hard decisions about their life right about now...shot or get fired.
That is not an easy decision to make and I'm sure many of them are torn about having to do this.
No way was I gonna tear up my CDC card. I was required to show it for a couple of recent shows I attended at the local McKnight Center. Either that or show proof of a recent negative test for COVID-19. (I don't want a damned swab shoved up my nose!) Mask wear required, too. At least none of that was required to get in the Tim McGraw concert Friday night. What a show!! Everyone stayed on their feet for an hour and a half! Life is good in Stillwater and need to count my blessings!

Old 10-10-2021, 04:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What about those around you? Do you have any good stories of people resisting? Have there been protests in your local area? Are people quitting their jobs or plan to quit with this vaccine mandate?

I just wonder if Republicans are just too weak to do anything but complain. For instance will parents stop speaking out at school meetings because of the threats of being arrested? Will they pull their kids out of schools where CRT is being taught? Why are we letting the left push their crazy on us when there are so many of us? Nothing makes me disappointed as when someone is cancelled on the right and they apologize. WTH!
Locally, I've seen no protesting or resisting. The local unemployment rate is 2.4%, so why make waves? Bars were packed Sat. night. People are focused on enjoying their lives.

However, after the Trump rally yesterday in Iowa, some Trump lovers were talking civil war. But if Americans don't want to head for the streets to protest what is going on like millions of Europeans have been doing, then, no, there sure won't be a civil war.

Trump Supporters at Iowa Rally See 'Civil War Coming,' Say He Will 'Save the World' https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-10-2021 at 04:37 PM..

Old 10-10-2021, 05:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What have you personally done to resist what this administration is pushing?
I spend 12 hours a day trying to convince conservatives to stop supporting capitalism and democracy.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I spend 12 hours a day trying to convince conservatives to stop supporting capitalism and democracy.
They surely don't support capitalism and democracy is a bit iffy on most days.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:21 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I try to change people's minds by point out the idiocracy and the fact that the Emperior has no clothes. People these days expect everyone to nod and agree and I think they like when I speak up and act all contrary.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What can we really do? The Left is so good at banning together and marching down the street in protest to their local "riot". They are also great at forming boycotts and cancelling anyone that offends them.

The Right has never been that narrow minded, mean or angry.

All we can really do is hold on to what we have and pray that there will be something left of the country in 11 months.

It is crazy how far the Left can push us but they have not pushed the right buttons yet but when they do there will be trouble.
We finally agree . Trump isn't on the right and isn't conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies