Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 10:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,896,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Why does the outrage machine always leave out important details? Details which are found in the linked article.

This law takes effect in 2024, or whenever feasible, whichever date is later. California is also going to subsidize small businesses to help them retool. This is the first step in an effort to move to lower emission items, which is a great goal.
fishbrains....!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 06:33 AM

8,380 posts, read 4,540,507 times
This "well, it doesn't effect me so it's not a problem" position people take is some of the most toxic, self-centered nonsense I've ever heard. It WILL effect you, you just don't see it yet. Everybody is connected, it just depends how close you are to ground zero.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 10-12-2021 at 06:44 AM..

Old 10-12-2021, 06:38 AM

7,769 posts, read 3,363,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I mow my lawn with a battery powered mower, and my leaf blower is also battery powered.

What's the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We've gone full electric everything and it's a superior technology. No problem really.
I'm pretty sure there are zero states proposing a ban on battery powered garden tools so for you there is no problem. Saying that you like a product so a law banning any alternatives to that product makes sense is a pretty bad take though.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:39 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,866 times
I suspect most of your small time grass cutters are on their way out and Big Government will make lawn maintenance a new public sector... gotta love California's sneaky way of increasing revenue...

Old 10-12-2021, 07:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
How will they cut down a tree? No battery powered chainsaw is big enough.
Beavers?

Old 10-12-2021, 07:54 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
California is saying they want a clean environment while the state is full of tent cities with poop maps, needles all over, trash and unsanitary conditions, diseases , homeless living in squalor and have nerve enough to say they want the environment clean.

When they start issuing poop maps for people to avoid that area we know this is environmentally disgusting and California is for liberal policies, opened borders killing off tens of thousands of Americans with Chinese fentanyl.. A bunch of air heads and they want to kill off the gas driven lawn mower while their electric grid is in deep trouble now.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:59 AM

29,200 posts, read 14,474,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
California is saying they want a clean environment while the state is full of tent cities with poop maps, needles all over, trash and unsanitary conditions, diseases , homeless living in squalor and have nerve enough to say they want the environment clean.

When they start issuing poop maps for people to avoid that area we know this is environmentally disgusting and California is for liberal policies, opened borders killing off tens of thousands of Americans with Chinese fentanyl.. A bunch of air heads and they want to kill off the gas driven lawn mower while their electric grid is in deep trouble now.
Not to mention the 75 plus containerships offshore polluting, the air and ocean. One of which contributed to their latest oil spill. And all the diesel equipment required to offload and distribute their cargo.

Let's ignore that and go after Chad and Karen just trying to keep the yard looking good utilizing their Stihl (America made) lawn equipment.

We truly live in a clown world.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:01 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,918,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Come on. I am absolutely pro electric car, but there is no way that you can say that an electric Chainsaw is in the same league with a gas saw. What will you compare next, a police car to an M1? There are some jobs that really require the ICE.
You seem to be assuming there will never be improvements in battery technology for these tools.

There are now batteries capable of powering cars and trucks. That technology will eventually be adapted for tools like chainsaws.

Old 10-12-2021, 12:53 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
If one has a huge property , they will need many 100 ft extension cords and then risk moving one over.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:23 PM

10,497 posts, read 4,320,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I. Yes the progressives are a bit nutty but without "progressives" our species would never have evolved... Those first scientists telling the sheeple at the time that the earth was round and not the center of the universe...I have respect for what CA is trying to accomplish.

the 'progressives' are 'regressives ' - everything they do is make it worse. a true progressive would make it better

However, back when the earth was 'flat' it *was* the scientists telling everyone it was round.

the greeks figured it out well before christ. the aztecs might have had a clue in between ritualistic sacrifices.

It was the politicans who said it was flat and believe it or not, the same liberla line of thinking that lets on assign gender du jour or 'you truth' now states that the earth can be flat again.

mebbe we should work up that free education cuz lord knows they need it. or a good clunk on the head...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies