Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 01:34 PM

199 posts, read 66,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I don't see anywhere where this person said he was against the vaccine or wasn't vaccinated. I'm vaxxed but think it's everyone's own decision on whether to get vaccinated or not. Just because a person decides not to get this vaccine does not mean one is an anti-vaxxer. They would have gotten shots as kids - probably have received a flu or tetanus shot as a adult ect...I hate that pro vaxxers stereotype everyone and 99% of the time are wrong.
Talking about stereotyping. I am pro-vaccine but I do not support vaccine mandates for adults.

Unfortunately, this means that as an a vaccinated person, periodically I will be forced to wear masks and socially distance to protect the hospitals from the unvaccinated (whether they want me to or not), something that I very much resent.

The data clearly shows that the benefits of getting vaccinated outweigh the the risks at all age levels (obviously, the older the person that greater the relative benefit).

If it wasn't for the fact the we all share a common hospital resource, I wouldn't care one way or the other if someone decides to get vaccinated or not. I do think, though, that the decision should be made with a full understanding of the risks and benefits rather than with anecdotes and conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 01:39 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,350,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
probably because the idiots think..have been mislead....that they are vaccinated and can't catch it

...or the same amount of people are still catching covid....just more people are vaccinated now

anyhow.....this whole thing has turned into the world's largest s*** show

The latest numbers from the UK reveal the covid infection rates among the vaccinated now exceed the unvaxxed in every age group over 30.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-age-group-30/

(the little blue words are links)
It is exactly like that everywhere, except for American media.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:41 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,095,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
The data clearly shows that the benefits of getting vaccinated outweigh the the risks at all age levels (obviously, the older the person that greater the relative benefit).
Not correct when age group is below <18, especially for young boys 12-16.

There is no good data <12.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:42 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,090,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How can we even have debate on this, when people insist on inventing their own reality?
Hypocrisy much?

Old 10-11-2021, 05:51 PM

14,810 posts, read 11,895,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
probably because the idiots think..have been mislead....that they are vaccinated and can't catch it

...or the same amount of people are still catching covid....just more people are vaccinated now

anyhow.....this whole thing has turned into the world's largest s*** show

The latest numbers from the UK reveal the covid infection rates among the vaccinated now exceed the unvaxxed in every age group over 30.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-age-group-30/

(the little blue words are links)
Yet only 0.8% of people dying now are fully vaccinated people the other 99.2%!! are un-vaccinated or not fully vaccinated, since vaccination deaths have dropped from 1'200 A DAY to less than 100, thanks to vaccinations the UK is back to normal, thanks to vaccinations the Covid 'crisis' is as good as 'done' in the UK. So your post is as nonsensical as just about every other post that an anti-vaxer has posted, lets be honest its another pathetic attempt really. Perhaps you have some real data that shows vaccines don't work? Nobody has come up with any yet!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies