Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 01:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Exactly! When I joined the U.S. Army and they manadated all those shots, all I could think was "this damn liberal army!!!".
Actually it's been this way in the Armed Forces their entire existence. I went through basic training in the mid-80's and we used to get so many shots(inoculations), we'd wake up from the pain of our arms being numb all night long while laying in the rack. We got something like 25 shots in basic training and then another half a dozen or so when preparing to report to our first duty station overseas. There'd be two guys standing on each side of us and we'd walk through and they'd hit us with the needless shooters. That was bad when they'd move it while the injection was in progress. It would tear flesh.

So this isn't anything new.

Last edited by FC76-81; 10-11-2021 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 01:13 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Nobody claimed it wasn't his right to make stupid decisions.
And who is claiming it was a stupid decision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Leftism is a cancer.
Umm .... Cancer isn't contagious. Leftism is a highly contagious pandemic. It has hit our shores too. Our kids are being indoctrinated in the schools as part of the school program! Our press has been bribed into silence!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Then why are liberals mandating covid vaccines?
Could it be because they know the vax is dangerous so they want everyone else to take it so as to protect them?

Folks seem to ignore the fundamental differences between vaccines of the past and this current so-called vaxxine.

Here it is;

Number of deaths from all vaccines in the region of 100 to 200 per year versus how many thousand since covid vax? Those are only the reported deaths and works for before and after. VAERS is not a statistic.

Then consider the number of let's say polio victims were come across in our lives now compared to the 1900's. I personally new several people who had contract polio in the 1900's and zero now.

Small pox was eradicated altogether!

So in short, previous vaccines reduced deaths and injuries while the covid vax appears to have injured and killed as many people as the covid itself. I myself have been injured by it. My elderly neighbor has been injured by it.

That's the big difference.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:19 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
‘Reduce’ is not the same as ‘eliminate’. One case is not a study. The fact you would use it as proof tells me everything about your total lack of understanding of the situation.
your 100 percent right. and both sides are doing it.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Harris mocked the vaccine when it came out, Trump has and still encourages people to get vaccinated and only the left claims it’s only “trumpers” refuses to take the shot, which isn’t true. But it has turned political and the only the only vaccine (besides in some professions) the government are trying to force on citizens to take it or lose their jobs.
Harris did mock it.
But when broken down politically far more trumpers haven't gotten it than those on the left.
I am totally against the mandates, but those are the facts.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
We had two deaths a couple weeks ago in one of our hospitals. Both were fully vaccinated, both were middle aged, not elderly, not sick with co-morbidities. Of course the hospital doesn't want that to get out but I know someone from the ER, the medical personnel all over know this is happeninig and it's bad. They should just come clean but of course being a whistleblower is dangerous.

We want to think we can get ourselves out of this and feel "safe" but when you go around messing with super viruses in a lab it's a matter of time before something goes wrong, something did and we are paying for it. We don't need to be in-fighting over it. As individuals we might win or lose but we're going to get it, and we have the right to use our best judgment as to how to deal with it.

We really have to get to acceptance.
wow your 2 person sample size really shows a lot.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
GARLAND, Texas (AP) — Tea party firebrand Allen West, a candidate for the Republican nomination for governor of Texas, said Saturday that he has received monoclonal antibody injections after being diagnosed with COVID-19 pneumonia.

“My chest X-rays do show COVID pneumonia. I am probably going to be admitted to the hospital,” West wrote. “There’s a concern about my oxygen saturation levels, which are at 89 and they should be at 95.”

Allen West did not get vaccinated against the virus, but his wife did.

Allen West on Thursday said he had attended a “packed house” Mission Generation Annual Gala & Fundraiser in Seabrook, Texas. On Saturday he tweeted that he is “suspending in-person events until receiving an all-clear indication.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBIt2pdW...jpg&name=small

In a Saturday morning Twitter thread, the Trump-loving ex-congressman said he has not gotten the COVID vaccine but is “already taking Hydrochloroquine and Ivermectin protocols”—two unproven drugs popular with the anti-vaxxer crowd.

West protested outside Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s mansion against COVID restrictions including Mask mandates last year and then announced this summer that he was running for his seat.
Has not stopped him from tweeting his opposition to the Covid vaccine. One tweet in particular he claimed vaccines were enriching the pockets of big pharma, corrupt bureaucrats and politicians and advocated for monoclonal antibody infusion therapies.

I wonder who he thinks developed and manufactures the antibody treatments?

I wonder why he ignores the federal government is picking up the $2500 tab for the antibody treatment that will likely save his life?

It would not have been an option a year ago.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
He wouldn’t take an FDA approved vaccine, but has no trouble taking an experimental antibody treatment.

Declines a $10 vaccine, paid for by the Federal Government, and

Wastes time with Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, which he promoted, then

Takes a $2500 antibody treatment, paid for by the Federal Government.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Declines a $10 vaccine, paid for by the Federal Government, and

Wastes time with Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, which he promoted, then

Takes a $2500 antibody treatment, paid for by the Federal Government.
“Keep the government out of my Medicare!”

LOL

Old 10-11-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yet again someone makes this false accusation. People get monoclonal antibody treatments all over the country from all walks of life. Do some research.
Global demand for antibody treatment is substantially greater than supply.

Initially states were able to order and pay for it with federal monies and were required to disclose utilization. As the shortage increased, it was discovered that southern states with low vaccination rates were ordering and receiving a disproportionate share of these treatments and were not reporting utilization. In other words- stock piling.

To create a more equitable distribution, HHS imposed itself in the process. Covid surges roll through the country at different points in time.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
January 2020 is very early, odds are it wasn't COVID. Anyways, you should verify this with an antibody test, if being COVID recovered will impact your behavior.
I remember hearing about a bunch of Chinese dying in China mysteriously and saw vids of Chinese women eating bat soup. That was in late November 2019. A guy I know who lives in San Francisco and frequents the public gym for a few hours every day came down with something very bad in December, which it took him three weeks to get over. He said he's never been that sick in his life. It was like a super flu. Part of what he was experiencing was breathing problems. At the end of the three weeks, he coughed up this very large mass of fluid mixed with blood and hard mucus and spit it out. Said it looked like an abortion. A week after he was over it in early January, I then came down with something very similar. I was sick only for about a week. Part of what I was experiencing was breathing problems (extensive phlegm obstructing my airway, peaking at night when I'm trying to sleep). I also have a few other issues as well at the same time.

I was over it in a week though. But it was really bad. I'd wake up in the middle of the night close to passing out from lack of oxygen because of the obstruction. After my body fought it off in that weeks time (late January 2020), I haven't experienced any symptoms of any sickness' since.

I believe the virus was around long before it had been discovered. The first to have contracted it were the ones who we first heard of getting sick and dying from it. Remember that months before the outbreak in China was disclosed, there were mysterious vape deaths in the US. Perhaps these vape deaths were connected to the covid. Has anyone retested the diseased to see if the vape death was from covid? As I recall quite clearly, these mysterious vape deaths involved breathing issues, much like covid. Much of the e-juice in vaping was manufactured/imported from China. And years before these vaping deaths, K2 (synthetic pot) was manufactured/imported from China.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02920-x

Last edited by FC76-81; 10-11-2021 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies