Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 03:33 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

It's the effing Flu. Get over the Nancy Boy panic already.

Last edited by Pilot1; 10-11-2021 at 04:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 05:50 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He seems otherwise healthy and he got the monoclonal antibodies. I think he will be alright. Obviously he isn’t against the vaccine for everyone. He wants a choice. All you guys do every time you gleefully report every Republican Covid case is prove how ridiculous it is to gloat over illness. Do you ever stop to think about how you sound?

Everyone who doesn't submit, bow down to Fauci and sing vaccine kum-by-yah is an "anti-vaxxer".

Didn't you get the email?

Old 10-11-2021, 05:55 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm all for his choice not to take the vaccine, I'm against mandates too. But here's what irks the heck out of me, he's taking up a hospital bed. So, I get in a car accident and the hospital is short of beds because of people like him. His wife got vaccinated, he didn't. Look who is in the hospital, the old fool.
I’m wondering when Democrats are going to start demanding vapers, smokers, drug overdosed and obese people get thrown out of the hospital because they may take up a bed they could use in the event they get in an accident. Bunch of narcissistic a-holes.

Last edited by katygirl68; 10-11-2021 at 06:04 AM..

Old 10-11-2021, 05:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
i mean, who hasn't had covid at this point? Just a matter of time for those who haven't. It's a communicable virus after, we always knew we couldn't outrun it.

What, you mean the whole talk about reaching "herd immunity" if just enough people get vaccinated wasn't true?

Say it ain't so.......

Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Everyone who doesn't submit, bow down to Fauci and sing vaccine kum-by-yah is an "anti-vaxxer".

Didn't you get the email?
They have the worst public messaging ever. Of course the goal isn’t to really get people to vaccinate, it’s to publicly shame and blame one side for covid after spending a year completely blaming Trump for every single Covid death. They can’t have people blaming Biden for every Covid death so they have to have a boogie man.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:32 AM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This is how you get people to get the vaccine willingly...not by playing the naggy parent and shaming people to death and issuing mandates, but by watching others who are unvaccinated get really sick, they choose to get the vaccines eventually willingly.

It is wired into our DNA to want to rebel against authority and do the opposite of what we are told...it's why reverse psychology works so well...you leave the vaccine available, shut the bleep up, reclassify this virus as endemic, and let nature run its course.

Stop insulting people's intelligence. It doesn't make them want to trust you. Our leaders in this country are inept...they think they are smart when they are stupider than many of the peons. They lack common sense and street smarts. They haven't developed a good BS detector from being lied too their whole lives. They are in their progressive echo Chambers and think the whole world is just like them.

A few are greedy power hungry sociopaths also...it's estimated 10% of corporate CEOs are psychopaths or sociopaths so my guess is that it's similar in politics.
I’ve watched more of my friends that got Covid recover. A very few didn’t recover. I got it and recovered. None of that changed my opinion about the vaccine. Ain’t getting it. My natural immunity trumps the vaccine and it’s never ending boosters.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:34 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I'm understanding of people being against the vaccine mandates. I'm actually against the mandates, and there is hypocrisy on both sides. The pro vax group wants everyone vaccinated now, to protect themselves when the vaccine itself is supposed to protect oneself against covid.

At the same time, a fellow that is anti-vaccine and promotes anti-vaccine viewpoints to the public shouldn't really be permitted then to get hospital treatment upon contracting covid. Heal at home with the ivermectin prescribed by your naturopath doctor.
This comment shows a very deep misunderstanding of Allen West and also of the author's political opposition generally.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:36 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
He wouldn’t take an FDA approved vaccine, but has no trouble taking an experimental antibody treatment.

Exactly, and we see this theme played out over and over, any solution other than a proven vaccine.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:39 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They have the worst public messaging ever. Of course the goal isn’t to really get people to vaccinate, it’s to publicly shame and blame one side for covid after spending a year completely blaming Trump for every single Covid death. They can’t have people blaming Biden for every Covid death so they have to have a boogie man.
Somehow the the rabid anti-vaxers are aligned with Trump, nothing seems to bring them around to be vaccinated. Strange how a vaccine could become so political.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:43 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Somehow the the rabid anti-vaxers are aligned with Trump, nothing seems to bring them around to be vaccinated. Strange how a vaccine could become so political.
So what. Go live your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies