Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Reasonable measures is the key.

One incident in a school does not make a 'safety' issue.

There is no trend in high schools, stores, restaurants of straight men dressing as a transwoman to assault a woman in a bathroom.

There is no high rate of incidence for this.
"A person accused of publicly obscenely exposing a naked semi-erected penis to a woman at a Los Angeles spa has a long criminal record, including previous sex crimes, robbery and trespassing."

https://texasnewstoday.com/a-transge...record/444499/

How much additional victimization of women is acceptable to you, or anyone else for that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
They are trans women.

There is no reason to allow men the opportunity to abuse women by creating environments where this kind of behavior is not only tolerated by sometimes encouraged (frat houses).

See how that can be interpreted.

I have spent many hours in high schools. That boy didn't need a skirt to walk into the girls' bathroom.
They are still bio men. I support having a unisex single stall unisex bathroom available for anyone who wants to use it next to the women’s and men’s rooms. I do not support inviting bio males into the ladies room.

There is no reason for this.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They are still bio men. I support having a unisex single stall unisex bathroom available for anyone who wants to use it next to the women’s and men’s rooms. I do not support inviting bio males into the ladies room.

There is no reason for this.
That is a good idea and I agree with that suggestion.

But that would not have stopped this young man from assaulting a woman.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
That is a good idea and I agree with that suggestion.

But that would not have stopped this young man from assaulting a woman.
He’s a sexual predator and should have been locked up after his first rape. It’s true that we can’t stop all rapists but we also don’t have to make things easier for them.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:17 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Not many school bathrooms allow both genders. One incident at this point is significant.
Is it? As a teacher you must know what statistical significant means from a mathematical perspective. Easy enough to calculate if you have the data. I assume all incidents are reported.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Is it? As a teacher you must know what statistical significant means from a mathematical perspective. Easy enough to calculate if you have the data. I assume all incidents are reported.
I’m not a teacher. I am a parent of two school aged girls. I do not support the push to let boys into girls restrooms. Period.

What is your interest in allowing men access to the women’s room?

Old 10-15-2021, 11:33 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:

I have spent many hours in high schools.

ok I am sure you didnt intend for that to come off as creepy as it did...care to explain?

Old 10-15-2021, 12:19 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
I’m not a teacher. I am a parent of two school aged girls. I do not support the push to let boys into girls restrooms. Period.

What is your interest in allowing men access to the women’s room?
My interest is in fairness.
Im sorry, when you start spouting statistical terms I just assume you know what you are talking about.
Plenty of reasons for allowing trans people into the bathroom of the sex they identify with. And it is the law so there is that.
Of course you can feel differently. I wonder if your girls or your husband started identifying as trans if you would feel the same way.
That would be karma.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:32 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Transgender is NOT the same thing as a boy wearing a skirt. Assault is a crime. Rape is a crime. It doesn’t matter what the criminal was wearing and has nothing to do with trans students.

So… this is going to be used to stop transgender students from being who they are.

Here’s an idea, it’s not new or clever: have a unisex bathroom - single stall. There must be a closet that could be converted. I’m sure the number of trans students would find that sufficient. Or let them use the faculty room. These kids are bullied enough. Don’t make their lives harder - show them some decency. I didn’t read the whole thing - I got too upset.

Like it or not, gender is going to become more and more ambiguous.

So will sexual preferences. They run the gamut already. Do we really need to know other people’s gender or sexual preference? Really?

I sure the heck don’t. And neither does anyone else.
That's debatable. I don't want to hear about who a person prefers to have sex with, but the LGBT+ community has no problem broadcasting these preferences and demanding everyone else accommodate them, often to the detriment of others. Cross dresser story hour at libraries, sexually explicit gay novels in school libraries, transexual athletes competing in women's sports, etc.

This issue isn't going to stop transgender people from being "who they are". The idea of a single stall unisex bathroom would go a long way to protect their privacy and protect females from predators.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:49 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Being a man or women and thinking you are the other doesn't make it true.

Just like adopting a child and calling yourself their father/mother doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies