Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 10:58 AM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I find it interesting how i get a 30 day ban on here for calling someone a liar and yet we have thread after thread here of lies and misinformation on this site. What happened info wars and gabber get closed down ?
Because that word is no longer acceptable.

They "misspoke" is what you are supposed to say now.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:01 AM

16,446 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And those pilots are free to find an employer who won't.
Sure, throw away all those years you spent getting your various licenses and building up your seniority. Why not? But what if their new employer requires (or, more accurately, the government requires them to require) the vaccine? How many jobs must they chase after? At what point are we to take a stand and tell the government to stop exceeding their authority?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,399,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Government is government.

It is only tyrannical when it acts as such.

Nuance is a thing.
Government is fine when paying ME not to work by using other people's taxes but they'd better not expect me to then follow that up by doing my part to keep the county safe and moving.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Sure, throw away all those years you spent getting your various licenses and building up your seniority. Why not? But what if their new employer requires (or, more accurately, the government requires them to require) the vaccine? How many jobs must they chase after? At what point are we to take a stand and tell the government to stop exceeding their authority?
Freedom does not mean freedom from consequences or responsibility. You are not owed your dream job and your dream situation.

*shrugs*

Old 10-12-2021, 11:06 AM

16,446 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Freedom does not mean freedom from consequences or responsibility. You are not owed your dream job and your dream situation.

*shrugs*
Silly me, I thought that freedom included the freedom to make one's own medical decisions. Where are all the "My body, my choice!" leftists when you need them?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Silly me, I thought that freedom included the freedom to make one's own medical decisions. Where are all the "My body, my choice!" leftists when you need them?
Anyone stopping you from that?

Or do you just not want to deal with the consequences of those decisions?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:

*shrugs*
These pilots along with the teachers and nurses and doctors worked all last year with no vaccine.
While you locked yourself in the house to avoid the "angel of death" these people were dealing with the public and people with covid.

But this year...they are the scum of the earth because they won't get vaccinated with a vaccine that only lasts 6 months and doesn't prevent covid ?

Really ???

Old 10-12-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
These pilots along with the teachers and nurses and doctors worked all last year with no vaccine.
While you locked yourself in the house to avoid the "angel of death" these people were dealing with the public and people with covid.

But this year...they are the scum of the earth because they won't get vaccinated with a vaccine that only lasts 6 months and doesn't prevent covid ?

Really ???
I never said they were the scum of the earth.

People working when there were no vaccines available and those who choose to work in jobs that by their very nature expose others to the effects of their "personal medical choice" are two very different things.
Not even addressing the rest of your nonsense.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I never said they were the scum of the earth.

People working when there were no vaccines available and those who choose to work in jobs that by their very nature expose others to the effects of their "personal medical choice" are two very different things.
Not even addressing the rest of your nonsense.
Of course because it's true.

The vaccine lasts 6 months and does NOT prevent you from catching covid.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,381,269 times
Quote:

*shrugs*
You, nor ANYONE ELSE, has the right or authority to make me get an EXPERIMENTAL INJECTION!!!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.