Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 03:42 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

come off it with this nonsense. Hey in case you were in a coma:

THE LEFT WANTS TO GET RID OF THE FILIBUSTER

THE LEFT WANTS TO PACK THE SUPREME COURT

THE LEFT WANTS MINORS AND CRIMINALS TO VOTE

THE LEFT WANTS TO SPEND US INTO OBLIVION

THE LEFT LED A MASSIVE, NATIONWIDE VIOLENCE TOUR IN 2020 TAKING OVER "AUTONOMOUS ZONES"

THE LEFT BULLY AND FOLLOW PEOPLE INTO BATHROOMS AND PULL OUT HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS TO FORCE POLITICAL ENDS

THE LEFT WANTS A MASSIVE STREAM OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION FROM THE 3RD WORLD THAT WILL RADICALLY CHANGE OUR COUNTRY FOREVER

Wake up.
Reposting just in case someone doesn’t read the whole thread. This needs to be the response every time someone tries to claim it’s Republicans that are a threat to this country. I used to wonder why they keep going on about the “insurrection,” then I went to my mom’s house and MSNBC was on and that’s all they talk about. That and Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 03:46 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...te-house-trump

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/dona...report-2238427

Old 10-23-2021, 03:48 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
America was great in every way under the last president. Under creepy Joe Biden we are totally screwed. He has destroyed everything he has touched and we are rapidly becoming a Marxist country. Those that continue to support the very obviously demented, corrupt, pedophile are supporting the end of America.
I know that you actually believe what you post, that is the very sadist part, you are sooo wrong, so terribly brain washed you can't eve see the truth in front of you.

Pray for America, it is rapidly dying with the help of you leftist posters in CD..
Despite the disagreement that I have with both the content and tone of your post, I still hold my nose and support your right to vote for whatever candidate conforms to your own ideology because that is what we are supposed to be doing in this country.

However, from this post, and follow up posts of yours and other people who hold similar views (and the disturbing trend of Republicans trying to suppress their opponents and the willingness to cheat and intimidate others and use violence in order to win by hook or by crook), I am not certain that you all support the right to vote of people who are opposed to your viewpoint, and have their votes properly counted. So do you?

That is the concern the OP was bringing up.

Last edited by Jowel; 10-23-2021 at 04:11 PM..

Old 10-23-2021, 03:56 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Reposting just in case someone doesn’t read the whole thread. This needs to be the response every time someone tries to claim it’s Republicans that are a threat to this country. I used to wonder why they keep going on about the “insurrection,” then I went to my mom’s house and MSNBC was on and that’s all they talk about. That and Covid.
Even the poll workers have had their lives and their families threatened for ethically doing their jobs. That's not something that can be excused. It's gotten more and more out of hand with the lawlessness. The Republicans own this one.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...w-enforcement/

Old 01-19-2022, 06:44 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,512,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
sit back and hope that the Constitution will magically protect their freedoms from the continuous onslaught of the authoritarian Right.
The Constitution itself actually is the problem, because the mechanisms that allow a party with only 29% of of registered voters to run the country, mainly via the Electoral College and the fact that states get two senators each regardless of population, are permanently baked into it. Because of the procedures it sets out for its own amendment. changing the Constitution to remedy these faults is politically a impossible. In today's political environment any amendments or modification would be to make the country more alt-right and "exceptional".

Much was made of Biden's advantage of seven million popular votes, yet even despite that he barely squeaked out a victory in the Electoral College. Don't be deceived by Biden's 306 votes over Trump's 232, because the winner-takes-all model exaggerates the EC vote spread. In the states that mattered Biden's victory was by a razor thin margin in some cases. In Arizona and Georgia, for example, Biden barely won, by less than half a percent of the popular vote in those states.

This is why issues like gerrymandering and voter suppression are so important to the Democrats. Citizens need not only the statutory tight to vote, but they should have either easy access to a nearby polling station, or mail-in ballots as an option. If you live in Texas and the only polling station is 20 miles away, your vote is being suppressed. Voting should be easy, not hard.

Last edited by Those Who Squirm; 01-19-2022 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-19-2022, 07:09 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
The Constitution itself actually is the problem, because the mechanisms that allow a party with only 29% of of registered voters to run the country, mainly via the Electoral College and the fact that states get two senators each regardless of population which are permanently baked into it.
Your ignorance is stupendous. The Constitution doesn't allow ANYONE to run the country.

The Constitution establishes a federal republic in which the states are supposed to do 95% of the governing. It is entirely YOUR FAULT that the central government is now so crucial. Literally any ONE SINGLE citizen should be able to veto EVERYTHING you want the federal government to do.

YOU are all about forcing everyone to do things your way, while the Right just wants to be left alone (and is happy to leave you alone as well). YOU are the bad guys. All your insane lies about voting misunderstand the fact that Republicans MUST win elections as a matter of self-defense because YOU are psychopaths who are committed to destroying us, whereas we are happy to engage in live-and-let-live. And even though we MUST win elections to survive, we are never the ones who cheat.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I have no illusion that Max Boot represents more than a sliver of the old GOP, but I concur with his reasoning. We are under an ongoing threat to Democracy that is unprecedented in American History.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...our-democracy/
Ridiculous. And Max Boot is now and always has been a Trotskyite seeking permanent worldwide revolution.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:11 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Are we back to protecting "our democracy" again? Who is the us in "our"?

Old 01-19-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trying to destroy faith in elections and government institutions; paving the way for R controlled state legislatures to overturn election results that don’t go their way.
Only the Democrats are trying to destroy faith in elections.

Government institutions? What are you talking about? What does that have to do with democracy?

The Constitution gives legislatures the power to choose electors. What's wrong with that? How is that undemocratic?

Old 01-19-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, it's having to tolerate yahoos who think they can take control of our government by force while standing around chanting about hanging the VP
There are no such people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies