Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 07:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Thank you SO much - you’re the only person who would give me an answer. I really appreciate it.

But mRNA vaccines have been studied for years, though… and Millions of US citizens (billions across the globe) have received the shots and as best I can find, out of those multi-millions in the US (400+ I believe) 3 (three) may have died from adverse effects. I could not find any other data.

To be fair, people aren’t animals and we can’t use people and animal as interchangeable.

So, are folks just waiting to see how the early vaccinated folks make out? Do you think, if not vaccinated (the science is there - you can read the technical stuff) you aren’t more susceptible to infection? Do you think you could make others sick if you happened to be Asymptomatic?

What would make you feel safe about the vaccination? Time? Nothing? Gotta say, I’d be really upset if something went wrong, but the study of this type of vaccine and corona viruses have been going on for decades.

Yes, this is novel. So it’s different. I take your point. But why are people so wary of the best doctors about this? Don’t the same people take medicine or have surgery on doctor’s say so? That doesn’t make sense to me.

I still don’t understand why unvaccinated folks won’t protect themselves and others with at least a mask. Why are people afraid of masks. Masks suck, but I don’t want to get sick. Do people think there is no pandemic?

I’m sorry - as if you can answer all that.

Again, thank you so much for replying with an answer that I understand.
This is the way I look at it. Taking the vaccine is a risk because you could incur side effects or death. Getting covid is a risk because you might get very sick or die. But given that I'm 33 and the statistics show that the recovery rate for people my age (that aren't overly obese or have other existing health issues) is 99% if not higher I choose not to be vaccinated. Most dying from covid statistically are 80+ years old. Doesn't mean you can't get a bad case and die as a young person but it just is very very very unlikely.

In addition there is evidence that young people getting these vaccines are having long term side effects (myocarditis is one that has been reported even on the news). I don't want to risk having a long term side effect when I could probably recover from covid without issue. I honestly don't care if it's only 1% of young people getting a side effect. I don't want to be part of that 1% when the stats say I could very likely recover from covid without much trouble.

Also, there has been under reporting of people having side effects from the vaccine. You can find this info if you do your due diligence and look in the right places. You're not going to find this info with a quick google search. Obviously if this was being broadcasted on the news people would be even more mistrusting of this vaccine. But I've seen undercover video where nurses have told patients they're having a reaction to the vaccine and will need to have additional medical care. Then upon speaking with their supervisor, the supervisor tells the nurse they're not going to be reporting it. I've also seen articles where medical facilities stopped reporting the number of deaths from those who are already vaccinated (I believe this was in Nevada if I recall?). Anyways, you CAN find the info, but google aint gonna give it to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 07:38 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Clearly since the 5 pilots flew for at least 4 different airlines around the globe they must have died of exhaustion.

Also as previously noted 12,000 people, 1% annual mortality rate would be 10 dying EACH MONTH.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
When asked for a source and busted for spreading a morphing facebook meme the proper emoji response should be....

Old 10-13-2021, 07:41 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Thank you SO much - you’re the only person who would give me an answer. I really appreciate it.

But mRNA vaccines have been studied for years, though… and Millions of US citizens (billions across the globe) have received the shots and as best I can find, out of those multi-millions in the US (400+ I believe) 3 (three) may have died from adverse effects. I could not find any other data.

To be fair, people aren’t animals and we can’t use people and animal as interchangeable.

So, are folks just waiting to see how the early vaccinated folks make out? Do you think, if not vaccinated (the science is there - you can read the technical stuff) you aren’t more susceptible to infection? Do you think you could make others sick if you happened to be Asymptomatic?

What would make you feel safe about the vaccination? Time? Nothing? Gotta say, I’d be really upset if something went wrong, but the study of this type of vaccine and corona viruses have been going on for decades.

Yes, this is novel. So it’s different. I take your point. But why are people so wary of the best doctors about this? Don’t the same people take medicine or have surgery on doctor’s say so? That doesn’t make sense to me.

I still don’t understand why unvaccinated folks won’t protect themselves and others with at least a mask. Why are people afraid of masks. Masks suck, but I don’t want to get sick. Do people think there is no pandemic?

I’m sorry - as if you can answer all that.

Again, thank you so much for replying with an answer that I understand.
Let's see what happens with the EXPERIMENTAL "vaccine" in the long term.

Good luck.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
PLEASE google this. At best it’s questionable according to valid sources.

That said, I believe out of over 400 million vaccine shots in the US, 3 (three) could have caused death.

I really want to know why people who have had multiple vaccines (mandatory for school, military service), have vaccinated their kids (mandatory to attend school) find this one fully FDA approved vaccine group so frightening?

Why?

I just don’t understand. No one will answer me.

Also - there aren’t any mandates, in fact. Anyone has the freedom to refuse one - this is America. But in many cases they might not be able to enjoy certain things because of that choice. There’s no force involved. People are free to not get vaccinated and have their employment end - that’s a choice.

Why is it so scary?

Some people don't want to be told what to do with their bodies. I thought folks on the left knew this.

Medications / vaccines go through rigorous testing over a period of at least five years before they're rolled out to the public. That didn't happen in this case, so people are hesitant to get it. And look at the grief they get for feeling that way.

You can say there aren't mandates, but there's a hell of a lot of pressure being put on people all over the world. This loss of freedom should concern everyone, but it doesn't, and that's something I don't understand.

I also don't quite get people who dismiss VAERS reporting, a system that the CDC and FDA rely on, but they believe a guy who hasn't gotten anything right so far.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Some people don't want to be told what to do with their bodies. I thought folks on the left knew this.

Medications / vaccines go through rigorous testing over a period of at least five years before they're rolled out to the public. That didn't happen in this case, so people are hesitant to get it. And look at the grief they get for feeling that way.

You can say there aren't mandates, but there's a hell of a lot of pressure being put on people all over the world. This loss of freedom should concern everyone, but it doesn't, and that's something I don't understand.

I also don't quite get people who dismiss VAERS reporting, a system that the CDC and FDA rely on, but they believe a guy who hasn't gotten anything right so far.
See, you can make reasonable points about vaccination and mandates without engaging in obviously ridiculous conspiracy theories about mind-control, and this BS story about 5 airline pilots that mysteriously keep working for different airlines and other bogus garbage about how someone dying after you given out hundreds of millions of doses is proof it killed them.

Stick to the high ground like you did here, don't head for the Pizza Parlor basement with the nutters.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
How about we have logic and science prevail?

Answers to the following are binary and can be easily corroborated:

Did the pilot die mid-flight?

Was the pilot cleared as a result of his last (required and extensive) annual physical?

Did the pilot receive vaccines?

Based on the vaccine records, did the pilot receive the vaccine or placebo? (remember despite what the TV tells you these vaccines are technically still in live clinical trials and a control group is necessary)

Would autopsy results indicate that contributors to a cause of death are wholly inconsistent with the results of the pilot's last physical, and would those inconsistencies align with known adverse effects of the vaccine received by the pilot?

So long as we keep Michael Baden out of the loop on this one, I'm confident answers will emerge.
There are no dead pilots. The story was fugazi.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:25 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't.

Are these things difficult to grasp?
No. But your right wing fellows spread misinformation related to the vaccine that results in their refusal to take it and ends up causing the needless deaths of a lot of them....... Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:17 AM

1,250 posts, read 678,432 times
I haven't read the thread and I don't know the science regarding cabin pressure and vaccines/blood clot relationships - but I read that there is indeed an issue and that flight personnel are well aware of it.

VACCINE

BLOOD CLOTS

CABIN PRESSURE

All equal no bueno.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:28 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
mRNA POTIONS have no track record for being used in HUMANS.

I hear the animals didn't do so well......
Welcome to 2021. Billions of humans have used mRNA vaccines. You may want to update your perspective, as they have been used since since 2010 on other diseases, specifically cancer and rabies.

If you won't read the article, at least look at the timeline of mRNA vaccines, which goes back since mRNA was first discovered in the 1960's, and first used in humans in 2010.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies