Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 03:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Maine is #1 in terms of states with highest % of elderly.

Their Covid numbers are amazingly low in proportion to Florida.
Density of population, Maine largest city 68,000. Florida almost 1 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 03:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
Actually, Florida is like 6th. Connecticut is 8th when it comes to age.

Florida is 8th and Connecticut is 13th in age.

but the bigger point is that the OP went through some mental gymnastics to get to posting this argument.
Yeah but the states ahead of them are so sparsely populated that communicable diseases don’t really surge.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:33 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Democrats aren’t taking the virus seriously and are trying to kill people.
I second this. Obviously Democrats are science deniers and are trying to kill people.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:36 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
What does the population density of Maine look like when compared to Florida? That MIGHT have something to do with why their covid numbers are so much lower
Don't bring logic and facts into the conversation. It just confuses liberals.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:40 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Maine is #1 in terms of states with highest % of elderly.

Their Covid numbers are amazingly low in proportion to Florida.
Hold your horses, Mr Santa Monica. This time last year, California was looking ok too. Then LA exploded a few weeks later. For a brief time, LA county had almost as many deaths as Florida.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, and none of us have made the finish line yet.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:11 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Hold your horses, Mr Santa Monica. This time last year, California was looking ok too. Then LA exploded a few weeks later. For a brief time, LA county had almost as many deaths as Florida.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, and none of us have made the finish line yet.
Yup. His gloating last year brought on an unprecedented spur of death and devastation from COVID in California last year, too. They're still forced to wear masks everywhere there, too. LOL.

It will be a real travesty if history repeats itself, but that is likely.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:24 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And they know how to die under failed Democrat politicians that they stupidly voted for. Praying for you from Florida.
Oh, the irony! Florida has had over 3.6 million COVID cases. That’s about 1.5 million more cases than New Mexico has people. Great job Florida.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:28 PM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Mmm, more cherry picking data by the far right. But wait, California has one of the lowest transmission rates; lower than Florida or Texas. Logic fail.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:55 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times
This same pattern happened last year. The Sunbelt gets hit harder in the summer when people are more indoors away from the heat. The northern areas get hit harder in the fall/winter when people are coming more indoors away from the cold.

Covid went through my office a couple weeks ago, so I believe it. My CTO who obviously watches Tucker Carlson keeps scoffing at the thought of taking covid seriously, and my boss went to a big Catholic gala with a stuffy nose that turned out to be covid. The northern 2/3 of the Denver metro, the college towns, and the resort towns are champagne liberal, and the rest of Colorado is all hard right. I don’t know anyone who isn’t vaccinated, including Republicans, so I’m pretty sure the hospitals have been doing alright. That’s all I care about.

Transmission is a pointless statistic compared to hospital cases and deaths.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:58 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
CTO = Chief Transmission Officer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies