Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 08:16 AM

585 posts, read 494,814 times

Advertisements

People keep saying these new media’s lie but can you give examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 08:19 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
They're both pretty much just tabloids at this point.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:23 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Evidently more people are watching FOX. Guttfeld has the #1 late night show. CNN's ratings are in the gutter....fake news at its best.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:23 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
All cable news is propaganda for one side or the other. Honestly foreign news does a better job, BBC, Euronews, Aljazeera, and the local news! The cable news networks are full of wannabe politicians. They're all liars and just spin the truth.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:24 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
People keep saying these new media’s lie but can you give examples?
Sure. Remember when the media decided that Trump was racist because he stated - accurately - that some of the illegals crossing into the US via the Mexican border were criminals? The media quickly spun that to mean that he thought all Hispanics/Latinos are criminals. And, of course, there was the ridiculous comment by a reporter on scene during the riots of 2020, calling them "mostly peaceful protests" while buildings and vehicles burned in the background. Even the most benign news article is burdened with a misleading and/or politically headline these days.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:24 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Evidently more people are watching FOX. Guttfeld has the #1 late night show. CNN's ratings are in the gutter....fake news at its best.
Sure didn't help Trump win reelection though did it?

Old 10-13-2021, 08:25 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times
I watch Fox News, mostly for Tucker but also a few other random programs. My wife watches ABC World News with David Muir and I sometimes watch it with her.

I trust Fox News because I find it easier to spot their lies & omissions. It's not that hard to spot for me. With ABC News I feel like I have to be on my guard, like they could slip a lie past me much easier.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:26 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
All of them are "infotainment".

But at least Fox has guests and commentators with opposing viewpoints.

CNN/MSNBC pretend that there's no such thing as opposing viewpoints.
I’m second this.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:28 AM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
The mainstream news industry is dead. They're all operating on life support, and aren't doing any real journalism anymore. It's too expensive and doesn't produce enough of a return. It's much cheaper and more profitable to lie to people so they get really angry, then put a panel of six people on the screen to yell over each other about it, ultimately doing nothing to inform the viewers about the thing they're yelling about but it keeps the advertisers happy.

Fox is the same as CNN. Turn off the TV. It's ALL garbage. Get your information from EVERYWHERE, and learn how to process it effectively. For instance, if you find yourself getting enraged while reading something, that's a red flag telling you that you're not being objective. Probably also means that the thing you're reading was written in a way which was intended to make you angry.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:30 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
You can’t say neither. I mostly watch Fox but I check other sources and also will switch to CNN and MSNBC to check the difference in reporting. Yesterday Fox talked a lot about supply chain and shortages. When I turn to the other stations they are talking about Covid and abortion. Fox will report on the border crisis and when I turn to MSNBC someone is talking about the suffering of the people at the border and how a little girl gave a reporter a shirt “they have nothing and she gives me a shirt” trying to invoke emotion. I just wonder if those stories are even true.
Many Haitians are dying on the way to the border. Who do you think is responsible? Tens of thousands of people making their way into dangerous territory. Who is promising them that this is the best way to come here? Why don't they apply for citizenship?

Are they dying from covid or harsh conditions? Biden I believe is responsible for having many thousands of people moving together and many are getting sick and dying during a pandemic. It is crazy. Biden is no leader. He says nothing about anything. Not about the illegals, not about Americans left behind. Not about the rise of oil and natural gas to heat the homes. The price of food, inflation. Nothing. Biden has created it , that is why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies