Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 01:01 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times

Advertisements

I expect some states like Florida and Texas to sue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 01:03 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I didn't move the goalpost. You just failed to read my post. I never said anything about Biden. I just pointed out that OSHA is not listening to what Biden says... as in even though he might call for (or imply) vaccine mandates, OSHA isn't mandating them.

You need to learn to read what people write rather than be stuck in your head thinking everything is an agenda against you. But keep listening to Biden and NPR and ignore reality... it seems to fit your bill.
It's a mandate. It's either vaccinate or we will require you to do a regular, costly procedure, that if you miss, we can fine you. No employer, or few employers will opt for the later.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:03 AM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
I didn't move the goalpost. You just failed to read my post. I never said anything about Biden. I just pointed out that OSHA is not listening to what Biden says... as in even though he might call for (or imply) vaccine mandates, OSHA isn't mandating them.

You need to learn to read what people write rather than be stuck in your head thinking everything is an agenda against you. But keep listening to Biden and NPR and ignore reality... it seems to fit your bill.
You are BSing to push a leftist narrative.

What I said is true. You responded to my point by spinning with a tangent point and then pretend that I need to read to stay on topic.

Don't be a propagandist.

Biden opposed vaccine mandates.

Now he is pushing them forward.

I presume the Harris-Brandon Administration will continue to evolve away from their campaign positions on this issue and on others.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:09 AM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
.But not necessarily. I know that schools like Rutgers are requiring the vaccine even for fully remote students.
Why?

Old 10-14-2021, 05:09 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Did you read your link? I'm thinking not.
The phrase that triggered the link is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood
Interesting how Congress and the WH are exempt from any mandates.
The link is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2
The link clearly says that the WH is not exempt, and Congress (a co-equal branch of government) is exempt from the executive order, but may not be exempt from the OSHA mandate:

"Employees at the White House and in agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services are subject to Biden’s executive order requiring federal employees to be vaccinated."

"Biden’s executive order requiring federal employees to be vaccinated doesn’t apply to members of Congress. It applies only to executive branch employees, as is true of executive orders generally."

"As for whether or not the forthcoming OSHA rule will apply to workers in the legislative branch, that’s unclear."

Did you read something else in that link? Can you explain why you are implying the respondent didn't understand it? Because from my seat, it is quite apparent you are actually the one who didn't read it or didn't understand it.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 AM

4,544 posts, read 2,268,564 times
Quote:
Your article actually demonstrates exactly what I said:

"Labor Department takes next step to implement plan to require private-sector workers get Covid-19 vaccinations or be regularly tested"

Perhaps you should read it. You can simply just get tested. And if you want to opt out of testing, you can get the vaccine.
I would imagine for an employer, the weekly testing thing would be an administrative nightmare. I cannot imagine the company I work for, where most of us work remotely, going that route. They will probably require vaccine or termination.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:53 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Double barrel middle fingers to OSHA and Biden!!!!!!

Looks like early retirement for me! Oh well, see ya!!!!!

Old 10-14-2021, 06:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But OSHA said companies can skip the testing part which many have.

It's get shot or get fired.

Yes, this sorts of standards are typically minimums.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
And you still only have the EUA version available. You cannot get Comirnaty anywhere.

They want to force as many people to get it while it's still in EAU before people figure out what the game is.

Sorry but I'm waiting to see what happens to the lab rats/guinea pigs first.

Huh? Pfizer's COVID vax is fully authorized.

Old 10-14-2021, 08:02 AM

3,527 posts, read 3,730,992 times
A two-year "emergency." lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies