Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 01:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Do they mean '100 people' at that particular office/store/building/restaurant, or do they mean '100 people total, doesn't matter if there's only 30 where you work, the big corporation has thousands of employees throughout the country, therefore, you will be forced'.

Since I do not trust these people, I want that made extremely clear, seeing as how they tried their damndest to kill off the small businesses.
We'll have to see when the actual text is released. A specific location makes sense.... or people that come in contact with lots of people.

Whether it should be 2 people or 100 people is a good question. I suspect they made the 100 person limit to protect small businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 01:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Do they mean '100 people' at that particular office/store/building/restaurant, or do they mean '100 people total, doesn't matter if there's only 30 where you work, the big corporation has thousands of employees throughout the country, therefore, you will be forced'.

Since I do not trust these people, I want that made extremely clear, seeing as how they tried their damndest to kill off the small businesses.
Employers with 100 or more employees seems pretty clear.

If I own two restaurants, each location with 70 employees, I employ 140 people and it applies to me.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:48 PM

382 posts, read 124,267 times
We have to wait until it's released to know what's in it

Old 10-13-2021, 01:50 PM

4,545 posts, read 2,268,564 times
Quote:

Exactly! 70% of the people at the company I work for (way over 100 people) work from home. Who am I going to infect if I get Covid, my dogs? This is tyranny and I laugh in the general direction of the "Orange Man Bad" crowd who cried endlessly about him being a dictator. Who is the dictator now?

Old 10-13-2021, 01:50 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
It doesn't really answer the question, unless its just something they are trying to figure out at this time.
There has never been any mention of "weekly testing alternative only offered for religious exemptions", so it seems a little silly to assume that's the case, IMO.

We obviously need to see the actual language used, but based on everything that has been said publicly about this, the rule will be "get vaccinated or submit to weekly testing".

Old 10-13-2021, 01:53 PM

382 posts, read 124,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This is tyranny and I laugh in the general direction of the "Orange Man Bad" crowd who cried endlessly about him being a dictator.
But the French man didn't "laugh" in their general direction; he did something else.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:00 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Get used to supply chain problems, empty shelves, cancelled flights, and general chaos and uncertainty. Central planning at its best!
The people are not going to tolerate the chaos for very long. Our patience with this inept administration is wearing thin.

When you look at what's happening in Loudoun county, you see a forecast of things to come when lives of good, honest people are disrupted on a mass scale. Yes, most have been passive and pathetic for far too long. But that's because most of the destruction caused by the demented regressive left was happening to someone else.

Now they're messin' with all of us and destroying life quality on a mass scale. It's simply not going to be allowed to go on.

The big wild card here is Trump. I'm still waiting (but not patiently) for him to awake from his hibernation.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:05 PM

4,161 posts, read 4,876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The people are not going to tolerate the chaos for very long. Our patience with this inept administration is wearing thin.

When you look at what's happening in Loudoun county, you see a forecast of things to come when lives of good, honest people are disrupted on a mass scale. Yes, most have been passive and pathetic for far too long. But that's because most of the destruction caused by the demented regressive left was happening to someone else.

Now they're messin' with all of us and destroying life quality of a mass scale. I's simply not going to be allowed to go on.

The big wold card here is Trump. I'm still waiting (but not patiently) for him to awake from his hibernation.
There's nothing Trump can do.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:06 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Good on OSHA. It's about time those whinny anti-vaxxers be forced to man up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
To get a vaccine that does not prevent you from catching covid and only lasts 6 months ?
How does it make any sense at all when many of the already vaccinated have received it long ago and the efficacy for them is very low?
Almost as if they were not vaccinated at all yet they will get a pass with their greatly lowered "immunity".

Old 10-13-2021, 02:07 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
We'll have to see when the actual text is released. A specific location makes sense.... or people that come in contact with lots of people.

Whether it should be 2 people or 100 people is a good question. I suspect they made the 100 person limit to protect small businesses.
When has "making sense" had anything to do with anything? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies