Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 10:15 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,779,030 times

Advertisements

Question for all those who love more government control and more spending.

What level of government control over things are you seeking? What personal decisions would you rather give the government control to make for people?

How much spending will satisfy your desire? As it is we are $130 trillion in the hole when you count commitments yet unpaid. Each and every time a Democrat gets control of the pocketbook, they want to spend more. At what point do you get spent out?

Are you aware we already passed the point of not being able to pay for everything even if you confiscate 100% of everyone's income? How much more do you want to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 10:16 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,332,887 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGbFnAz2TeI

Old 10-13-2021, 03:38 PM

Liberals are tongue tied. They don't know how to answer.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:39 PM

18,529 posts, read 9,218,447 times
Tax rates should be 100% and the government should be in control of the entire economy.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Tax rates should be 100% and the government should be in control of the entire economy.

I really do think that is the end goal.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:16 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,797,702 times
I don't mind the spending as long as it is covered by increased revenues. If the revenues aren't there then you can't spend. It's the same with revenue cuts. If you are not going to cut spending, or if you will increase spending in the near term, then you can't cut revenues.

Figuring out why conservatives and liberals can't get these concepts (cut revenue/cut spending... raise spending/raise revenue) is beyond my pay grade.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I don't mind the spending as long as it is covered by increased revenues. If the revenues aren't there then you can't spend. It's the same with revenue cuts. If you are not going to cut spending, or if you will increase spending in the near term, then you can't cut revenues.

Figuring out why conservatives and liberals can't get these concepts (cut revenue/cut spending... raise spending/raise revenue) is beyond my pay grade.
Are you okay with spending as much as everyone makes and then taxing at a 100% rate?

Old 10-13-2021, 08:33 PM

35,802 posts, read 21,191,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Liberals are tongue tied. They don't know how to answer.
I was still a Fed under mrT and in budget. One reason I retired was the horrible spending that was happening , and I was forced to purchase the totally unnecessary stuff. It was was out of control. But I blame it on the CRs and policy changes where the money was allocated for a project and no longer could be used as time had lapsed. It’s a game, and been through both Republicans n Dem administrations. I don’t want to hear it- both do the same thing.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,816,224 times
There needs to be a Constitutional Amendment that says the Federal Budget must never exceed 10% of the average GDP of the immediate past 5 years, or the GDP of the immediate past year, whichever is less. And federal tax revenue must never exceed 11% of the same GDP figure. The way the budgeting process works needs to be reworked - work backwards from what we can afford to spend, not bottom-up from what it costs to do everything everyone in Congress wants to spend money on.

Unfortunately Congresscritters will end up cutting all the wrong things and setting fire to money on all the wrong things.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:44 PM

8,334 posts, read 3,844,027 times
It's a bit ignorant to think that the big government and spending is one sided. We had Obama as a big spender, and Trump as an even massively bigger spender... and Biden is following Obama's spendthrift trend.

Presidents on both sides have increased government control. Heck, Nixon created OSHA which is now going to dictate what it means to go into the office in regards to the vaccine and testing. Biden backs Nixon's agenda. The governor of Tx recently dropped the big government hammer on barring businesses from mandating the vaccine. the governor of FL did the same thing with schools.

These people spend too much and have too much power. Decisions shouldn't be coming from the top like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies