Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 10:32 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
My daughter in law was homeschooled and graduated at the top of her class in college, I know some who are now lawyers, engineers, and other professions.

Believe it or not they have to take a test the same as public schools, at least my grandchildren do. Oldest tested above grade level. Reason daughter wanted to homeschool was she was extremely bored in school, what extra she learned, she had to learn on her own, she was a A student, so she did her work, just wasn’t challenged.
Homeschooled have an advantage because they get one on one attention with no distraction. I admire those who homeschool. I wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:47 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Homeschooled have an advantage because they get one on one attention with no distraction. I admire those who homeschool. I wouldn't have a clue what to do.
I wouldn’t either and it isn’t for everyone. Both my daughter and daughter in law work very hard to make sure their kids socialize with other children whether it’s sports, dance, playing with neighborhood children and Church. From what I observed, they do a lot of prepping, organizing and studying up on what they are teaching.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I wouldn’t either and it isn’t for everyone. Both my daughter and daughter in law work very hard to make sure their kids socialize with other children whether it’s sports, dance, playing with neighborhood children and Church. From what I observed, they do a lot of prepping, organizing and studying up on what they are teaching.
Yeah. It’s extremely important for them to socialize since they don’t have that on a daily basis. And prepping is hard and time consuming. My daughter is doing the same for her first grader because of Covid. She’s an early childhood education teacher so she loves it. What they do to homeschool is way beyond me. its pretty amazing

Old 10-13-2021, 11:14 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
The best way forward for education in this country is to go totally private. That way each individual can decide what, who, when, and how for themselves.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Do you agree?
While I don't think parents should dictate the curriculum, I do think they should know what's being taught and talk to their kids about it. If parents don't stay abreast of what's happening in their child's school, they'll find out when a secret video comes out where a teacher is boasting about having 180 days to turn their child into a revolutionary thus causing an explosive school board meeting after demanding the teacher be fired.

Or the alternative is what NJ Brazen suggested. Turn them all private.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Todays teachers suck.
They’re not even “teachers”. They’re “presenters”. And they put most of the burden on the parents now, so they get paid for doing even less work.
And they preach communism and have sex with students.
I gotta give them credit for the whole shifting responsibility on the parents nonsense.
That was a good one. So why even bother sending kids to school? It’s a total waste.
That’s nothing new.

I graduated from a top 1% public high school in California in the 70s, in one of the most affluent towns in California, and we had one female teacher who slept with male students, and more than one male teacher who slept with female students.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:28 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That’s nothing new.

I graduated from a top 1% public high school in California in the 70s, in one of the most affluent towns in California, and we had one female teacher who slept with male students, and more than one male teacher who slept with female students.
There's another reason you have to keep an eye on them.

Even the good teachers have their hands tied, I don't know how they do it. I have to assume most teachers now are on board with the leftist indoctrination.

I think the one who wrote the article has his head pretty far up his own butt and I would not want my kid to be his student. Amazing how average people like this teacher think they are the know-all and end all and everyone else just sit down and shut up. lol.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:26 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
The "experts" never like it when the plebes question their authority.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:27 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The "experts" never like it when the plebes question their authority.
"Questioning" authority is one thing. Dictating what the experts in their fields can/cannot do is something else completely.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:31 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
"Questioning" authority is one thing. Dictating what the experts in their fields can/cannot do is something else completely.
I'm sorry. Teachers don't get to teach their slanted analyses and theories as facts. Parents and school boards should have a role in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies