Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 05:52 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,248,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Odd to find Teachers who Do NOT want parents involved in the education of their children.
School Boards are elected and responsible to those who elect them.
Teachers are responsible for education and want to parents to pay their salaries.

Cutting parents out and saying they NOW have no say in anything and IF they choose to say anything, we will consider them "domestic terrorists" and send the FBI to investigate them

appears to be very Counter Productive and it's not going to be a popular position to be in.
This is because the new CRT based curriculum is being pushed top down.

The US Dept of Education issued a guidebook to every state/school district earlier this year on how to open schools for the Fall.

In this guidebook were references to the Abolitionist Teachers Network headed up by leading CRT proponent, Bettina Love. The ATN website is one big resource for all things CRT and meant to be used by school districts to guide/influence curriculum.

It got snuffed out by Fox news and went viral. The Dept of Education then 'looked into the matter' and said it was an oops - an oversight and slip thru.

Utter BS. It was put in as part of the agenda to ram CRT in from the top.

Are parents concerned, worried, outraged? Dmn straight! And they should be.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:53 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,271,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Somebody needs to be fired. And then tarred and feathered.
Yes violence is always the answer if you don’t like someone’s opinion.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:55 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,806,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Then schools should butt out of my wallet and I should get to decide where my school tax dollars will go.

And yeah, that teacher's a clown and needs to be fired. My parents are both educators and they were heavily involved in my education and that included meetings with teachers.

I say privatize all schools and let the market do away with bad teachers/schools.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:56 PM

9,552 posts, read 4,375,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

Academia brought this on themselves. Had they not interjected their personal agendas into education, this may not have happened.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:57 PM

43,320 posts, read 18,440,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Disagree. Over focusing on the 3 r’s is already what they are doing. Gym classes cut to force kids to do more basics for state tests. Now child obesity is on the rise. Cut shop classes art music and we end up with a bunch of unoriginal kids who never get to figure out what they excel at and lose understanding of lots of basic life skills. In the meantime computer programs can do more and more of the 3 rs.
Well the school I was in had 1/2 day classes a few days a month so the kids could go to the gym and learn about "Don't do drugs", "Diversity and Inclusion", "Don't commit crimes", etc.

My 45 minute math class got reduced to 22 minutes. And that included doing homework because there was only one copy of the Math book per desk. I had 25 math books total for 6 classes that came through. Those books never left the classroom.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:57 PM

25,969 posts, read 18,956,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yes violence is always the answer if you don’t like someone’s opinion.
Opinions which become policies which end up rotting the minds of an entire generation is far worse than violence. A bruise will heal. A brainwashing will not.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:15 PM

4,434 posts, read 1,725,354 times
I think this teacher makes a lot of good points. He’s right when he says that we don’t want to open the door to Alex Jones-type parents to dictate what gets taught in individual classrooms. He’s also right that we WANT parents to be involved, but anyone who has worked in education for the past 10 years has at least a few stories of parents whose involvement became inappropriate, whether it was spewing racist remarks at school personnel, driving their own kids to fight other students, verbally attacking athletes from an opposing school, physically threatening school personnel, etc. While we STILL want these parents involved in school, what is a school to do when a parent like this, or a handful of parents like this, decide something is inappropriate to teach in the classroom, but the other 15-20 parents in the class think the curriculum is fine? What should a school do then?

As the author explained, parents have an indirect way to control what is in the curriculum, by voting for the school board. I think parents are also within their rights to express concerns about certain topics that may be in the curriculum, but I agree with the author, who seems to be saying that individual parents should not be able to dictate the curriculum in a classroom. That’s what a school board (which you voted for) and school administration (who were hired by the board you voted for) are for.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:19 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,607,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You were the 3rd person to comment in the thread - the second reply. Who was being disrespectful?
did you read the thread title? "Elitist Jerk!"

Old 10-13-2021, 06:26 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,229,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Academia brought this on themselves. Had they not interjected their personal agendas into education, this may not have happened.
Government schools have been nothing but social-engineering since the day they were created. That is the only reason they exist.

We're trying to embrace our glorious international future, and we need to batter down the last vestiges of nationalism, racism, and xenophobia in order to neutralize resistance and integrate the world's populations.

Little Timmy needs to be told what a piece of **** he is and be stripped of his privileges so that he will stop opposing open-borders and get a girlfriend of color and have mulatto babies or chop his balls off to prove he isn't racist.

Someday we shall have our world utopia and this is the only way to achieve it. You only have yourselves to blame.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:33 PM

7,472 posts, read 3,599,293 times
Those who can’t do…..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies