Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 04:13 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,786,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Government makes it possible for Americans to live a decent life? Explain? I understand the need for a government to have a civil society and rule of law, but what exactly does the government create that makes our lives decent? Isn’t our government a government of the people?
Well I guess that that means you support Kaepernick and the fans booing Biden. Obviously there are those that are alright with bringing politics into sporting events and clearly you're one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 04:49 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Well I guess that that means you support Kaepernick and the fans booing Biden. Obviously there are those that are alright with bringing politics into sporting events and clearly you're one of them.
You’re using a false equivalency. Anyway, how does that explain government gives us decent lives?

Old 10-19-2021, 05:04 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,786,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
You’re using a false equivalency. Anyway, how does that explain government gives us decent lives?
Because the original poster made a quote of RBG supporting the Government and saying those that who kneel, like Kaepernick, are disrespectful of the Government.

Since you do not believe that the Government gives people decent lives then I assume that you support Kaepernick.

Old 10-19-2021, 05:08 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sounds like RBG forms her own opinions on things. Which is more than most people can do no matter which side of the aisle they support.

This x 1000!

Old 10-19-2021, 05:28 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,951 times
Quote:
Because the original poster made a quote of RBG supporting the Government and saying those that who kneel, like Kaepernick, are disrespectful of the Government.

Since you do not believe that the Government gives people decent lives then I assume that you support Kaepernick.
I do not support Kaepernick disrespecting our flag and national anthem. RBG clearly got it wrong. He wasn’t disrespecting our government, he was disrespecting our nation. And no, the government doesn’t create anything. The do not create wealth. The government has a limited role. When the government’s role becomes larger, our lives become less decent. Government is never the solution to your problems, but is usually the ones responsible for your problems.

Old 10-19-2021, 05:51 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Don't forget the ones booing Biden during Nascar and other sporting events!

Those booing Biden also show a "contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life."
The US flag and country is not the president.

That's the beauty, we can love the country and hate and criticize the president.

You want a country where we can't do that and where any criticism of the president is unpatriotic?

I don't think you've really thought through your strategy of using this as a counter example without sounding um, fascist.

Old 10-19-2021, 05:54 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
You just hate strong women and jews. Bwah hah hah hah....identity politics brawl....wheeeeee!

You're calling out RBG, so let's hear it!

Old 10-20-2021, 03:49 AM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:

You are using a false equivalency.

The national anthem, per RBG, is a time to show national unity and respect.

She never said during and after all sporting events one should be apolitical.

You can't see the glaring hole in your logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
This x 1000!
Your side would cancel RBG for that thought if she weren't a liberal darling.

This is why Katie acted as propaganda. The question was good enough to ask, but the answer didn't fit the narrative so it got air brushed out.

Old 10-20-2021, 04:07 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
So getting back to the point of the thread, I believe unpopular opinions made by popular democrats should be shielded from the public at all costs so that the democrat “brand” isn’t damaged.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:45 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Not surprising. She also defended Brett M. Kavanaugh against Ford's allegations, which she claims are just part of the dysfunctional nomination process.

Quote:
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Wednesday night referred to her colleague Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a "very decent" person as she lamented what she characterized as the "dysfunction" surrounding the confirmation process for new justices.
https://www.businessinsider.com/ruth...ent-man-2019-7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies