Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2021, 04:16 PM
 
1,624 posts, read 529,447 times
Reputation: 786

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
That’s three paragraphs to say “no”.
Then you misunderstood. I said 'Yes' and I explained why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The past couple years have seen the sudden rise of “Marxist” because right wing media pundits know that they can’t cry wolf with “communist” anymore and need a new dog whistle. Left wingers enforcing rules you don’t like isn’t “Marxist” anymore than right wingers enforcing rules lefties don’t like is “fascist”.
Then it is up to each side to explain to the people on who is or is not <whatever>.

Right now, the Left seems to lean towards the China model of governance and government: authoritarian AND fascistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2021, 04:26 PM
 
1,624 posts, read 529,447 times
Reputation: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Marx didn’t advocate for a solution so much as follow industrial technology to its philosophical conclusion. If the gains from technology are not shared with the masses to a certain extent, they’ll revolt. That would be true even if Marx never wrote a word. That would be true regardless of how moral or beneficial said revolts are. Even the most hardcore of capitalists acknowledges this.
Regarding the highlighted -- so what?

No one is saying that if Marx did not write anything, nothing would happen. We can be generous to Marx and say that he was wise and prescient enough to note the signs. But the point is that if not Karl Marx, then it would INEVITABLY be someone else.

The objection seems to be: 'We do not like the Right smearing the name of Karl Marx'.

What is the point of that objection? The behaviors of the Left are often in line with Applied Marxism aka communism. So what is the problem with associating Marx with those behaviors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 04:50 PM
 
5,055 posts, read 1,977,067 times
Reputation: 2291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Looks like some folks are late to the party.
This overthrow of the Republic has been in the works since the 30's. The book, "The Great Society" outlines it all.
Some might said even earlier with the introduction of the Federal Reserve bringing me back in my minds this clip about the american dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j69Ap4lndl0

Btw, should we troll a marxist saying then marxism is a disguised form of white supremacy because Karl Marx once writted some letters where he didn't have an high opinion of blacks and mexicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 05:04 PM
 
4,023 posts, read 1,420,299 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Marx didn’t advocate for a solution so much as follow industrial technology to its philosophical conclusion. If the gains from technology are not shared with the masses to a certain extent, they’ll revolt. That would be true even if Marx never wrote a word. That would be true regardless of how moral or beneficial said revolts are. Even the most hardcore of capitalists acknowledges this.
I do think Marx advocate for socialism and communism. I don’t disagree that if wealth becomes too lopsided then people will revolt, but that doesn’t always mean violence. In fact, the capitalist market is working quite well right now to raise wages. That would never happen in a communist country. You would be told to shut up and go back to work or find yourself in prison working for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Denver
4,716 posts, read 8,508,252 times
Reputation: 5957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Regarding the highlighted -- so what?

No one is saying that if Marx did not write anything, nothing would happen. We can be generous to Marx and say that he was wise and prescient enough to note the signs. But the point is that if not Karl Marx, then it would INEVITABLY be someone else.

The objection seems to be: 'We do not like the Right smearing the name of Karl Marx'.

What is the point of that objection? The behaviors of the Left are often in line with Applied Marxism aka communism. So what is the problem with associating Marx with those behaviors?
Like I’ve been saying, if you’re gonna use words, use them right and not like you’re parroting radio shock jocks who have to find a new word every time they’ve mangled one into meaninglessness.

Last edited by Westerner92; 10-15-2021 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica
36,858 posts, read 17,158,607 times
Reputation: 14459
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
- Military/ federal workforce being purged due to mandates
- Constitutionalists valuing freedom, resisting vax continuing to be portrayed as the enemy
- Green New Deal being implemented
- Radical leftist social agenda being implemented and children successfully being indoctrinated by them
- Election system comprimised
- Extreme partisan censorship
- All major news networks complicit
1791 was like a billion years ago, bro.

Better late than never though.

So now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
22,525 posts, read 24,260,022 times
Reputation: 20169
We are witnessing a "challenged" POTUS push the country from bad to worse, then on to worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 06:34 PM
 
1,624 posts, read 529,447 times
Reputation: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Like I’ve been saying, if you’re gonna use words, use them right and not like you’re parroting radio shock jocks who have to find a new word every time they’ve mangled one into meaninglessness.
Disclosure: Am a refugee from communism, an emigre to the US, a naturalized citizen, and a veteran. I was active duty when the Berlin Wall collapsed, the Soviet Union broke apart ignobly and spectacularly, and Desert Storm called, in that order.

I do not need anyone to instruct or even guide me to use what words to describe Marxism when I see matching behaviors. My life experience is enough. You can even argue that my life experience made me too biased against Marxism, but is that not the point of being informed, that of listening to the other side?

From my experience, defenders of Marxism are practically terrified at meeting people like me. We cut thru the bull5sh!t rhetoric put forth by those defenders of Marxism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Denver
4,716 posts, read 8,508,252 times
Reputation: 5957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Disclosure: Am a refugee from communism, an emigre to the US, a naturalized citizen, and a veteran. I was active duty when the Berlin Wall collapsed, the Soviet Union broke apart ignobly and spectacularly, and Desert Storm called, in that order.

I do not need anyone to instruct or even guide me to use what words to describe Marxism when I see matching behaviors. My life experience is enough. You can even argue that my life experience made me too biased against Marxism, but is that not the point of being informed, that of listening to the other side?

From my experience, defenders of Marxism are practically terrified at meeting people like me. We cut thru the bull5sh!t rhetoric put forth by those defenders of Marxism.
There’s nothing to defend about Marxism. He was describing the phenomena of the French Revolution and the Revolutions of 1848 and extrapolating from there. Acknowledging the reality of class conflict in the modern world is Marxist. You, OP, and quite a few of the posters on this board use it as a catch-all word to equivocate any leftward political movement with communism, absolutely mangling the entire purpose of the word and strongly suggesting they are talking out their @ss.

If I wanted to be like you, I’d point out that accusing all your political dissenters of being communist is a fascist tactic. As part of a demographic that was included in the Holocaust, and also someone who knows how to dissect rhetoric, dog whistling crypto-fascists are practically terrified of meeting people like me. Hurr durrrrr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2021, 07:11 PM
 
11,842 posts, read 6,429,743 times
Reputation: 13801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
The scariest thing to me is how the left is now labeling dissenting opinions as violence. If you disagree you are the enemy. Voicing your option is violence. That is a very slippery slope.
Yeah —creating the fear and shame of being called a DOMESTIC TERRORISTS is the democrats’ new strategy.

According to democrats, you are now a domestic terrorist if you show up at your school board meetings to complain about their policies. You are now a domestic terrorist if you are still a Trump supporter and activist.

But if you take over and shut down multiple blocks of your city and create your own autonomous “country” you are just a freedom fighter, a Social Justice Warrior.
If you burn down businesses, loot stores, topple national statues, throw bricks and shine lasers at police you are a “victim” of racist America….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top