Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 12:26 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nine months ago Grassley, Pence. McConnell and Graham condemned the riots, now we have Grassley attending Trump rallies and Graham attending Trump fund raisers.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...gop-s-n1281026
They realized they were an entrapment measure by the FBI and a scam by the DNC to divert attention away from the election fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 12:52 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Here's a video of a GOP candidate for governor leading the pledge directed at a flag that was carried on Jan 6th, as if it's a sacred relic. The crowd is eating it up.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1448589553896468487

The word "Blutfahne" comes to mind.
The hype/comment in the tweet, by Ron Filipkowski, seems to be a lie. But hey, he's a dem so it's expected.

Filipkowski states that the flag "was carried during the insurrection on Jan 6"
1. There was no "insurrection"
2. The announcer, whoever she is, in the video stated the flag was carried at Trump's "peaceful rally". She did not say it was carried during the riot or that it was carried from the rally to the Capitol building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Doesn’t mean red hats as you call them are going vote for him.
Well, I'm certainly not going to vote for him , I don't even live in that state. I don't even have a red hat either.

Seems they're simply upset that he said a pledge to an American flag, which they hate and, like blm, want to see it abolished.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:55 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Nothing changed, even Trump was aghast at the violence on Jan 6th. No one approved of republicans behaving like the violent, lawless protests carried out by the despicable Democrats all during 2020.

Lawlessness and violence is not what republicans do, which is why Jan 6th was a one-off, never repeated before or since.
There actually wasn't all that much violence if you watch the tapes. I think they realize a lot of it was way over blown by the media.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:53 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
Because they realized that Republicans didn’t care about Jan 6 and they will lose votes if they don’t go along with whatever Trump says. Trump controls a large enough voting bloc that defying him in even the smallest way spells ruin for any R. If Trump says clouds are made of cotton candy and the sea is made of ink, it is gospel truth and don’t you dare suggest otherwise.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
They are Trump’s minions.

Plain and simple.

This cult party is going to need a new savior eventually. I wonder if they’ll go back to being Republicans at that point.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:05 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Trump said "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." How is that inciting them to be violent? It's not. Trump didn't even tell them to protest, or demonstrate, just to have their voices to be heard.

Meanwhile the Democrats incited violence all 2020, and we got autonomous zones, which were insurrection acts, and violence, looting, arson, even deaths.
One or two bland and insincere sentences vs. 45 minutes of angry inflammatory speech ("You will never take back our country with weakness...") is meaningless. And why did Trump lie about walking with the rioters to the Capitol when instead he went straight back to the White House and watched the riot on TV for several hours before issuing a statement?

Old 10-14-2021, 02:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I disagree that it was the worst thing to ever happen in the history of our country.
Didn't Hitler say the same thing after the Beer Hall Putsch?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can't get elected without the redhats. And the redhats liked Jan 6th.
I would have liked it even if it was antifa.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
There actually wasn't all that much violence if you watch the tapes. I think they realize a lot of it was way over blown by the media.
Tell that to the injured cops.

Police union: Over 140 officers injured in Capitol siege
https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...5xcpt1sIELYvJ/

Old 10-14-2021, 02:11 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They are Trump’s minions.

Plain and simple.

This cult party is going to need a new savior eventually. I wonder if they’ll go back to being Republicans at that point.
All hail Obama, right? the god of the leftist cult minions.....

Old 10-14-2021, 02:17 PM

930 posts, read 333,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nine months ago Grassley, Pence. McConnell and Graham condemned the riots, now we have Grassley attending Trump rallies and Graham attending Trump fund raisers.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...gop-s-n1281026
Maybe they read the FBI report, which concluded that there was no insurrection and no threat to democracy. If even the deep-staters could not come up with anything, you know there was never any there there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies