Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 07:19 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah interesting, what were the tourist numbers and what was people’s behaviour like in Summer 2020 compared to 2021? June/July 2020 was still in the thick of it, people were likely protecting themselves more even if not officially under restrictions.

By summer 2021 Delta would be running rampant no? But yeah very high vax rates in Miami, so I don’t know the answer to that.
Yes, people scared of the virus who got vaccinated probably changed their behavior.

In the summer, we dropped most of the restrictions, and cases rapidly picked up, and restrictions were partially re-implemented, mostly curfew on businesses. Tourism was high during this time, Spirit offered $30 flights from Midwest and Eastern cities. There were times you couldn't walk on the sidewalks of South Beach due to all the people.

During October, our governor (Florida) passed an EO preventing local counties from enforcing restrictions. We had another wave in January 2021, supposedly due to Alpha. Vaccination rates were low but increasing.

Then in the summer 2021, exactly a year later, with our high vaccination rates, we had the worst wave of our pandemic. The restrictions and tourist #s were indistinguishable from winter 2020/2021. But vaccination rates were a lot higher. It was the worst wave so far in the pandemic in terms of # of people infected and died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 07:42 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Where have I insisted everyone make the same choice as me? That’s YOU. You people have been attacking anyone willing to take the vaccines since they came out. Some of us are just trying to do the best we can in this situation. Nothing more, nothing less.
Examples please? How are those who wish not to partake in the covid vaccine attacking those who choose to partake in the covid vaccine? (it's actually exactly the other way around, but that's a different discussion)

Having an opinion contrary to yours concerning the vaccine is not an attack on you. Refusal to partake is not an attack on you. I swear that it is going to come to the point with leftists that if I have a different favorite color, that is going to be considered an attack.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:13 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
NO~ONE is "fully vaccinated" ANYWHERE!!!!

These mRNA POTIONS do NOT protect ANYBODY from CATCHING AND SPREADING THE VIRUS!!!!

The often excuse of ," They lessen the severity of symptoms" BS, is a TALKING POINT CREATED to EXCUSE the FACT that the "vaccines" DO NOT WORK!!!

"Truth is false and logic lost..."

TWILIGHT ZONE
Of course they work! Or else it wouldn't be 99.2% of people dying being unvaccinated would it? Especially when 80%+ of all adults have been vaccinated! Just do the maths no?

Old 10-15-2021, 08:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
With Covid. Most people who died with Covid had co-morbidities. The number who died OF Covid is much lower. The vaccine is an individual choice and a tool that can be utilized to reduce individual risk. N95 masks are really the only one that provides significant protection to the wearer and those can also be chosen as a way to reduce risk.

You are allowed to do things again because your government gave you permission to utilize your rights to move freely again. Something they took away from you previously.
They only took them away because the hospitals were being overrun by Covid patients. Before the vaccine and when there were restrictions 1200 people A DAY were dying from Covid, 4000 people A DAY were being hospitalised, now that number is around 100 a day dying and 700 going into hospital this DESPITE there now being NO restrictions!

Its simple maths, the vaccines have enabled the people in the UK to return to 'normality'.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:27 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
NO~ONE is "fully vaccinated" ANYWHERE!!!!

These mRNA POTIONS do NOT protect ANYBODY from CATCHING AND SPREADING THE VIRUS!!!!

The often excuse of ," They lessen the severity of symptoms" BS, is a TALKING POINT CREATED to EXCUSE the FACT that the "vaccines" DO NOT WORK!!!

"Truth is false and logic lost..."

TWILIGHT ZONE
Why do you all do this? You know exactly what is meant by "fully vaccinated". It means people have taken the two shots (1 for JnJ). It will eventually evolve to include boosters, if they are fully approved and recommended.

All you seem to be doing is to create a distraction by twisting words and their meaning.

Also, and I have to assume you know this, it is not BS that they lessen the severity. There is ample data to remove any reasonable doubt that they lessen the severity. As I stated in another post, they are not a complete cure, and are not being advertised as such. (There are a lot of right-wingers claiming they are being sold as a cure, but that is just BS, so that they can create a false claim to disclaim, it's really kinda sick what they are doing.)

But to my point: Why try to argue on the basis of intentionally misunderstanding what is being said. You know what "fully vaccinated" means in the context it was used, and you are intentionally trying to twist it to prove something that you know (or should know) is false, that being that statement that vaccinations do no good.

I am so tired of the blatant spread of misinformation (and I am not claiming the right is the only side that does it, BTW.) If we want to discuss the biggest cause of almost any problem in our country, this is a prime example of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies