Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 05:17 PM

21,122 posts, read 19,707,707 times

Advertisements

If skirts were acceptable for men to wear, I would definitely wear them. I never understood the appeal of getting one's balls crushed in the crotch of pants. I believe pants became popular because they work well when ridding horseback. Totally unnecessary nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 05:19 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If skirts were acceptable for men to wear, I would definitely wear them. I never understood the appeal of getting one's balls crushed in the crotch of pants.
Especially in the heat, dresses are so comfortable!

Old 10-14-2021, 06:40 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
i always worn pants, blazer, shirt in my long career and very, very rarely a dress. usually to a formal event for work. i'm female.

what are "men's clothes"?

Old 10-14-2021, 06:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Cause i have noticed that women can wear men's jeans and such, but seems when a guy wears a skirt or a woman's shirt or such, all of a sudden it's wrong.

When the woman who wore men's jeans or men's pants never is looked down upon for it.

Anyone feel it is a double standard in our society that hasn't been addressed at all?
You just noticed this?

Katherine Hepburn was one of the first famous women to make wearing pants acceptable for females.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:54 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Cause i have noticed that women can wear men's jeans and such, but seems when a guy wears a skirt or a woman's shirt or such, all of a sudden it's wrong.

When the woman who wore men's jeans or men's pants never is looked down upon for it.

Anyone feel it is a double standard in our society that hasn't been addressed at all?
I think it boils down to - women look good wearing anything. Men will never look good wearing a skirt - they just don't have the bodily shape for it. Women are the fairer sex. Old fashioned? Sure. But factual.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:02 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Kilts are bad ass!
No.

Kilts are *dead sexy*.

(Sez the Ren Faire wench.)

Old 10-14-2021, 07:13 PM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Women wearing pants was looked down on for many years. It is now common place. Maybe the same will happen with men in skirts if enough wear em.
I suspect. Really wasn't until around the '90s that it wasn't frowned upon for women to dress like men and wear pants in the more conservative circles (Congress and what not). Skirts for guys are a long ways from '90s for women dressing like men levels of acceptance in society. Just depends though, went to college and had a roommate it who was on the production side of theater so hung out a fair amount with the stagehand crowd. Skirts were definitely a thing in that 15 years ago. Personally, skirts never struck me as being something that I'd ever really want to wear anyway even if it wasn't frowned upon by society. I wore one once for a costume party where I did drag and, yeah, not something I'd wear just because they're annoying.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:25 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
You need to travel more. There are a lot of transgenders who are amazing. I am told that I am well above average in looks, but I know more than a few transgenders that make me look plain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8d5SzYnGk

just skip through and tell me these transgenders don't know how to fill out a skirt. hahaha
Not even close to what OP is talking about…those are professional level men w 90000 stylists and not even in this country

Old 10-14-2021, 07:26 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Are trans people culturally appropriating the culture of the opposite gender?

Old 10-15-2021, 01:53 AM

293 posts, read 191,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
It's interesting that the Democrats, the supposed champions of marginalized subgroups, skipped over the cross-dressers (transvestites) and jumped to transgender / transsexual crowd.

Seems to wikipedia, crossdressing/transvestites and drag are now considered transgender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transg..._and_practices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies