Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 03:30 AM

7,191 posts, read 3,398,007 times

Advertisements

…which is why we should create an equitable solution through legislation. I propose federal legislation regulating what clothes we are allowed to wear in public. This legislation would serve a few purposes:

1. To create an equitable society
2. To prevent body shaming and bullying
3. To protect people from Covid-19
4. To create a standard for society
5. To protect the skin from the harmful affects of the Climate Crisis

Starting at the top, your head, hair and face would be covered with a cloth covering with only a space for visual accommodations. The mask will be built into the head covering. Further down will be a robe like covering which will extend down to the ankles. You will be able to wear whatever you want underneath! The color of the covering should be rainbow so that everyone’s identity is represented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 03:45 AM

4,513 posts, read 2,493,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
…which is why we should create an equitable solution through legislation. I propose federal legislation regulating what clothes we are allowed to wear in public. This legislation would serve a few purposes:

1. To create an equitable society
2. To prevent body shaming and bullying
3. To protect people from Covid-19
4. To create a standard for society
5. To protect the skin from the harmful affects of the Climate Crisis

Starting at the top, your head, hair and face would be covered with a cloth covering with only a space for visual accommodations. The mask will be built into the head covering. Further down will be a robe like covering which will extend down to the ankles. You will be able to wear whatever you want underneath! The color of the covering should be rainbow so that everyone’s identity is represented.
They already have that...called a Burka but only comes in black.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:44 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,450,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Women wearing pants was looked down on for many years. It is now common place. Maybe the same will happen with men in skirts if enough wear em.
Nope.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:46 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,450,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I support people wearing whatever they want. Men can wear dresses and makeup and still be men. I have no issues with it.

And yes, it is a double standard. Men are considered superior in our society so it’s ok for women to emulate men but not ok for men to emulate women.
Not sure I’d look at a man in a skirt and makeup and think of them as manly, but I guess there is someone out there for everyone. Me personally, no thanks. I’m not attracted to it.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:44 AM

2,520 posts, read 3,064,423 times
Anybody can wear anything. The idea of gendered clothing is coming to an end; in 100 years or so, it won’t exist.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:01 AM

1,866 posts, read 923,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Cause i have noticed that women can wear men's jeans and such, but seems when a guy wears a skirt or a woman's shirt or such, all of a sudden it's wrong.

When the woman who wore men's jeans or men's pants never is looked down upon for it.

Anyone feel it is a double standard in our society that hasn't been addressed at all?

Women can look feminine in almost any type of clothing.
Men who wear dresses/skirts just look ridiculous and f@ggy.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:06 AM

35,972 posts, read 30,501,110 times
Quote:
I support people wearing whatever they want. Men can wear dresses and makeup and still be men. I have no issues with it.

And yes, it is a double standard. Men are considered superior in our society so it’s ok for women to emulate men but not ok for men to emulate women.
I this is it.^^^^

Old 10-15-2021, 08:34 AM

26,648 posts, read 13,602,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not sure I’d look at a man in a skirt and makeup and think of them as manly, but I guess there is someone out there for everyone. Me personally, no thanks. I’m not attracted to it.
I wouldn’t either but don’t care what others want to wear. I doubt a man who wears a dress or wears makeup sees himself as manly either even though they are still a man. I would bet many who dress this way are not attracted to women anyway.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:47 AM

17,132 posts, read 11,974,145 times
Quote:

Yeah, good old fashioned misogyny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Anybody can wear anything. The idea of gendered clothing is coming to an end; in 100 years or so, it won’t exist.
Androgynous rock stars have been really successful.

Pre-WW2 little boys were kept in dresses too. Many of women's fashion norms were originally men's(think royal courts). The hyper focus on gendering just about everything has gotten ridiculous and we seem to finally be turning a corner on that. Does a woman need to have a pink hammer in order to use one?

Old 10-15-2021, 08:49 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,532,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Women can look feminine in almost any type of clothing.
Men who wear dresses/skirts just look ridiculous and f@ggy.
I’m pretty sure me kissing a dude is “f@ggy”, not the dude wearing a dress. Don’t confuse the two. In my day-to-day life, most people see me as pretty chill, but I won’t hesitate to throw down if someone uses that word around me and doesn’t apologize. Just a heads up in case you use it around any non-obvious gay dudes. Believe me, there are plenty of them in Park City and Salt Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies