Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 07:54 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
To be fair, a border wall is much less expensive than what illegals cost the government each year. And, the Border Patrol supports the idea of a border wall. So, I think it's worth it. I trust the opinion of the people who actually have to deal with the problem on a daily basis.
Exactly! The good walls in place have been proven to be 90% effective in deterring illegal entry. Trump built nearly half of it already. Just complete the other half which is a total of 1,000 miles. The rest of the border is nearly impassable terrain so fewer will try in those areas and fewer will succeed.

You're right. Last I heard the total of the completed wall was to be $25 billion while illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year! Not only should we deter these economic migrants that are raping our country financially but there are criminals, drug runners and those from known terrorist countries slipping through our southern border to.

These anti-wall fools refuse to listen to the Border Patrol and Homeland Security's statements about needing those walls and it's because they have a pro-illegal alien agenda. They fool no one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 07:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Considering that republican party is anti union, anti universal healthcare, wants to weaken safety nets and so forth...I am no fan of the woke left but I still have too many issues with the platform of the republican party to join them on the national level.
This. I like a lot of the OP's ideas but none of it is possible when we are forced to deal with the Party of Trump, which is what the Republican party has become.

We would need a new party to work with. We won't move the needle with this iteration of the GOP.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ummmm.................................... I guess you haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years.

The democrat party IS A FAR LEFT, RADICALIZED PARTY that no one with an ounce of gray matter (and a job) would ever support.

The democrat party of old is dead and is now a party based in marxist ideology, which would have been thought impossible 30-40 years ago.

Look at the Biden "approval numbers" and everything going down the tubes. The American public HATES the democrat party and everything they stand for.

Well, that certainly explains the Democrat winning the popular vote in the last two presidential elections.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
To moderate Dems & Indy's...if Pubs ditch Trump, will you join us?

Will that 'ditching' also include all the Kool-Aid drinkers, 'Big Steal' acolytes, and ring-kissers?

Old 10-15-2021, 08:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To moderate Dems & Indy's...if Pubs ditch Trump, will you join us?

Will that 'ditching' also include all the Kool-Aid drinkers, 'Big Steal' acolytes, and ring-kissers?
What you describe IS the Republican party. You take away all of The Big Lie Kool-Aid drinkers and there is no party left to speak of.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:09 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I agree but we need an America First policy on trade deals so we don't keep getting ripped off and lose our manufacturing jobs.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-15-2021, 08:14 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
This is hilarious. I was a moderate democrat/independent (most lean Libertarian) and Trump was the reason why I voted for Republicans for the first time. In the past, I seen the Republicans as those who back the bankers and wage war for oil. They were also the ones that started the war on drugs which has become a complete failure, and started the outsourcing of jobs as well as opening the door for China. I backed the democrats because they seemed to be the party for the environment, poor people and minorities like myself which is a woman in a man's field (mechanical engineer and land lord). But then the democrat policies like open borders and letting all of these illegal immigrants in is destroying the environment. They are making it hard for the small time farmer via huge tax increases to pay for their programs in the city. The middle class can't live in a democrat controlled city much longer because they are the ones that get taxed the heaviest. They make too much money to qualify for welfare, and not enough to donate to charities like the rich to get the tax cuts, and with rising property taxes and rents, they are forced out of the city. And now that the democrats want to tax gas/miles per driven, when people move away from the city (where the jobs are) so they can find an affordable place to live, they will be hurt again by democrat policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies