Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 08:27 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times

Advertisements

This happened under Trump with Stephen Hahn as the commissioner of the FDA. He was a proponent of distributing hydroxychloroquine for treatment of COVID-19.

Quote:
The next week, FDA expanded remdesivir's EUA to include all hospitalized COVID-19 patients. That led Topol to publish a scathing open letter to FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn on Medscape, a popular medical website of which Topol is editor-in-chief. Under the headline "Tell the Truth or Resign," Topol lumped the decision together with heavily criticized EUAs issued earlier for the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine—which the agency later rescinded—and antibody-rich "convalescent" plasma obtained from the blood of recovered COVID-19 patients. "These repeated breaches demonstrate your willingness to ignore the lack of scientific evidence, and to be complicit with the Trump Administration's politicization of America's healthcare institutions," Topol wrote.
Dear Commissioner Hahn: Tell the Truth or Resign

That paints a different picture than the OP.

Old 04-29-2022, 04:54 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Time to unbury that thread, I don't know how credible is that source but the FDA approved remdesivir for infants and young children. I'll take my chances with Joe Rogan's horse paste, I mean Ivermectin than remdesivir.
https://uncoverdc.com/2022/04/27/the...oung-children/

Quote:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced on Monday the approval of Veklury (remdesivir) to treat infants 28 days and older weighing at least 7 pounds with positive results of SARS-CoV-2 viral testing and are either hospitalized or have mild to moderate COVID-19 and are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19.

Prior to the approval of Veklury for infants and children, the drug was only approved to treat “certain adults” and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older who weigh at least 88 pounds. Yesterday’s action, which revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) that previously covered this pediatric population, makes the drug the first approved COVID-19 treatment for children younger than twelve.

In a news release, the FDA explained that part of the rationale behind the approval of Veklury for infants and young children is that there is no alternative “safe and effective treatment,” including the COVID-19 experimental “vaccine,” which is currently not approved for children under five. Patricia Cavazzoni, M.D., director of the agency’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, remarked:

Old 05-01-2022, 05:58 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times
Fauci did the same thing promoting AZT back during AIDS. Now its a horrible drug called Remdesvir.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:40 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,070,760 times
I'm happy to hear the ICU nurse weighing in about remdesivir on a previous post. I'm a RN and I've read quite a bit about the poorly tested, ineffective vaccines and remdesivir. There are many, many front line doctors who have direct experience treating many hundreds of COVID patients (unlike Fauci, who hasn't treated ONE COVID patient himself) and they've had great success with other cheaper drugs rather than remdesivir. BUT they are being muzzled and threatened not to talk about their success with other treatments. It's really a crime against humanity that so many Americans died for no reason.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:35 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I'm happy to hear the ICU nurse weighing in about remdesivir on a previous post. I'm a RN and I've read quite a bit about the poorly tested, ineffective vaccines and remdesivir. There are many, many front line doctors who have direct experience treating many hundreds of COVID patients (unlike Fauci, who hasn't treated ONE COVID patient himself) and they've had great success with other cheaper drugs rather than remdesivir. BUT they are being muzzled and threatened not to talk about their success with other treatments. It's really a crime against humanity that so many Americans died for no reason.
My doctor told me that he gave IVM to his 94 year old mother as soon as she tested positive and he said the recovery was quick and complete.

Old 05-02-2022, 05:07 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
An article from Science. How Fauci lied, misled American public to get this drug approved, which probably cost many Americans their lives.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-covid-19-drug

I remember when the original study came out from the NIH, and the Chinese came out shortly thereafter. I called it then on this forum, Remdesivir does not work.

Now our good friend and liar Fauci:

https://www.healthnewsreview.org/202...desivir-trial/

Americans, hear me. Fauci is a SHILL. Don't believe anything he says. He's not following the science. He's getting his friends rich in Big Pharma.
All very true. But somehow I doubt that Biden's Ministry of Truth will ever call him out.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:22 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times
Quote:
The stories I've heard from ER nurses and some doctors is disgusting. You can't trust the medical system, especially one where they had to give extra $$$ to promote covid deaths or use their treatments. I've heard of people dead from car accidents or heart attacks being put as covid deaths. Meanwhile, a 17 year old as a heart issue shortly after the vaccine and it has nothing to do with the vaccine...but with covid everything is covid.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:58 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
Yes it really is and if there is ANY true justice left in this country he and every other death merchant in the alphabet agencies will hang for those crimes.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:52 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
It might be worth to unbury that thread from the grave with a lawsuit filed because some health care providers used remdesivir without informed consent.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ormed-consent/

Quote:
Lawsuits were filed against three California health care providers on grounds they used failed Ebola drug Remdesivir on patients without obtaining informed consent, resulting in the wrongful deaths of several patients, as claimed by two attorneys.

“Attorneys Dan Watkins and Michael Hamilton announced in a national Press Conference on September 7 the filing of their first-in-the-nation landmark lawsuit against three hospitals on behalf of families who had lost their loved ones with the “bounties” paid to hospitals for using the toxic combination of food and fluid restriction, remdesivir, mechanical ventilation, high dose morphine-midazolam respiration-suppressing cocktail to spiral patients down the dark road to death,” according to the news release.

Attorneys Daniel Watkins of Watkins & Letofsky and Michael Hamilton of Hamilton & Associates filed lawsuits in the Superior Court of California in Fresno County against Saint Agnes Medical Center, Community Regional Medical Center, and Clovis Medical Center.
I'm tempted to said then Remdesivir is the Edsel of medications...

Last edited by Hrw-500; 09-12-2022 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: correcting an info

Old 09-12-2022, 10:47 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Remdesivir is still showing clinical usefulness. Although IMO unlikely to be the initial drug of choice.

https://www.infectiousdiseaseadvisor...-for-covid-19/

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...ic-management/

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-...py-severe.html

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...519-0/fulltext
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies