Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 02:05 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I tried Walmart when I retired for something to do. I quit after 3 days of all the B.S. Every morning around 9, there was the "rah rah" meeting. Almost all employees were called together to tell them how they needed to take care of the customers. Meanwhile, there were almost no employees out in the store, to take care of customers.

Yup. I also hate self checkout. I get why they want me to do the work so they don't have to pay someone to do it, but that same logic could extend to lots of things. Will I be expected to stock the shelves next? What they don't seem to grasp is that every cashier they let go is one more person who can't afford to buy anything from them. Given enough time they wont even need the self checkout lanes anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 02:08 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If you disliked Walmart as much as you claim you do, you'd ignore them rather than enjoying visiting that site.

Yes, because there are so many other choices now. The pandemic is the best thing to ever happen to Walmart and Amazon.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:12 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
It appears that it's actually true. https://www.city-journal.org/walmart...aining-program
No it apparently is another right wing website referencing the same source first quoted by the OP as gospel. This is not what Walmart documents say. This is what right wing loonies are saying they say.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
This message board is far to the right of the American Mainstream. It's not representative of how Americans think in 2021. Maybe it's representative of how America thought in 1950.

It's the same with people that watch Fox News. The average Fox News viewer is over 68 years old.

Half of Fox News' Viewers Are 68 and Older

People are constantly in their own bubbles and think that bubble represents reality.

It doesn't.
The message board seems far to the right because the American Mainstream is so far to the left it's become unrecognizable. Maybe that's the way they do things in China, but we shouldn't have state run media.

Yet all the dopes watching it are so clueless about that, they eat it up with a spoon.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I sometimes wonder what I would do if my employer tried to shove that kind of crap on me. It's easy to sit in my arm chair and and make proclamation but what would I actually do if faced with it? Well, I have been know to tell my bosses to eff off and been fully expecting to get fired. I would probably lead the revolt! That's my armchair proclamation.

It would be funny in the place I work at now. We're mostly other ethnicities! I think there's a total of five palefaces working there. I wonder how long we would get along with so much harmony if they were to indoctrinate us with this CRT crap?

Can you enlighten us as to what they did say? (I would sincerely hope they did not say what they're beeing accused of saying!)
I can't enlighten you because what they did say is not being quoted anywhere. All that is available is this clickbait right wind nonsense claiming what they said, without any corroboration. More BS for the gullible fools who buy into it. One of the websites actually claims that Walmart documents say .. and then has a link pointing back to the same idiot the OP is quoting. Oh boy. How many fools are buying this nonsense, for how many years? FEMA death camps, and tracking chips in covid vaccines, and the commies are coming to take away our liberties while people are sitting in their retirement club houses playing bingo. The sky is falling!

Old 10-15-2021, 02:18 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Another store to boycott.

Go Woke, go broke.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:30 PM

382 posts, read 124,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
No it apparently is another right wing website referencing the same source first quoted by the OP as gospel. This is not what Walmart documents say. This is what right wing loonies are saying they say.
I've taken a look at the 53-page "Racial Equity Workshop" document and it checks out. The document has links that are working, including this at the bottom: https://www.walmartethics.com/conten...ics/en_us.html, which states "Our expectation is you will put fairness, equity, justice, and integrity at the heart of everything you do." That sentence indicates that Walmart is fully aligned with this kind of thing.

Appears real and legit.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The left wants to create resentment between the races. The smart blacks don't buy it.. of course those who want to be told they are oppressed and a loser in life because they have dark pigment is such a damn lie...but they eat it up..they have been trained by the lefty elite to do just that. They are the real racists.

Many know they are free.. they are no longer slaves. No longer under the control of the damn lie.. they are free. Liberated to know they are equal and can do anything and achieve anything and their skin color has nothing to do with achievement.

This CEO is fueling this lie. He should be ashamed . It is him who is a racist. And then telling white folks they have to learn that they are the racists.. what!! No common sense. This is poison and Walmart has made a terrible mistake.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
I've taken a look at the 53-page "Racial Equity Workshop" document and it checks out. The document has links that are working, including this at the bottom: https://www.walmartethics.com/conten...ics/en_us.html, which states "Our expectation is you will put fairness, equity, justice, and integrity at the heart of everything you do." That sentence indicates that Walmart is fully aligned with this kind of thing.

Appears real and legit.
Anyone with half a brain is aligned with this kind of thinking. Nowhere does it say white people need to feel guilty or inferior. It acknowledges people do have racial stereotypes, duh, and Walmart treats people fairly regardless of race. Double duh.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:46 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
We now have systemic reverse-racism in this country.
Cue “We Shall Overcome” accompanied by banjos, fiddles and steel guitars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies