Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 08:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Seems like a lot more. If you watch tv, movies, or the news.
Every damn show has the token gay guy or lesbian now. Like every show.
And movies too. Gotta have the gay dude or girl.
They make it so normalized, you’d think every 9th person in the country is gay.
It’s also been glamorized as being hip and trendy to be gay or bisexual.
All the celebs making out with each other for attention and people, especially young people, eat that up.
Whatever. Live and let live. Just don’t shove it in my face for no good reason.

I agree, it's just being pushed everywhere now.

A friends wife is addicted to the dancing show, Dancing with the Stars. He told me that this season they have a same sex partnership, even though this has always been touted as a show the whole family can watch, from the 3-year old to Granny.

Now why would they need to do that, other than the fact that they're on ABC, a Disney-owned network?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 08:53 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree, it's just being pushed everywhere now.

A friends wife is addicted to the dancing show, Dancing with the Stars. He told me that this season they have a same sex partnership, even though this has always been touted as a show the whole family can watch, from the 3-year old to Granny.

Now why would they need to do that, other than the fact that they're on ABC, a Disney-owned network?
It’s all pandering.

And if you haven’t noticed, lol, they are trying to reprogram society to believe this stuff is mainstream normal and acceptable. I have no issue with being gay, at all. Honestly. My problem is how it is being shoved in my face and forced upon everyone to accept it, embrace it, love it, or otherwise you are an intolerant meanie. I have gay friends who are utterly embarrassed by a lot of this crap, they believe it actually makes them look bad.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:01 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
What is it with these people and their "hurt feelings" ?

Cave into everyone's hurt feeling and change society ? We'll all be walking around on eggshells not saying a word to anyone for fear of "hurting them".

Sorry...those snowflakes may have ruled K-12 and college...but this is the REAL WORLD now.

"Don't like it then don't watch it" is what I'd tell them.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It’s all pandering.

And if you haven’t noticed, lol, they are trying to reprogram society to believe this stuff is mainstream normal and acceptable. I have no issue with being gay, at all. Honestly. My problem is how it is being shoved in my face and forced upon everyone to accept it, embrace it, love it, or otherwise you are an intolerant meanie. I have gay friends who are utterly embarrassed by a lot of this crap, they believe it actually makes them look bad.

I'm with you. I've defended the rights of homosexuals and trans folks here on c-d in previous posts. But they're going overboard on making this part of every single facet of society which is overkill, from story time in the library to schools, to shows, etc. Let parents explain these things when kids are ready. As it is, a kid would have to live in a bubble in order to have that happen.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
If there's more thant 4 transgenders then they have a problem of their own making over at Netfilx.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:59 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If there's more thant 4 transgenders then they have a problem of their own making over at Netfilx.

The way they talk might be 60-70% of the company walking out.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The way they talk might be 60-70% of the company walking out.
"allies". If that many walkout over this absolute non issue Netflix would be better served to let them go and start over since the strikers clearly don't know what they are even striking over

Old 10-17-2021, 10:30 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Maybe each of them self-identifies as a group of ten million. You know, strength in numbers.
Maybe math has moved from being racist to now being homo/transphobic.

Old 10-17-2021, 10:47 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
They’re basically walking out in their jobs because Chappelle took them to task and made fun of their hypocrisy. They are no longer used to fair criticism or humor as a result of being a Protected Species. This is on them for being so intolerant.

Good on Netflix for supporting Chappelle. I saw the show. There was nothing derogatory, harmful, or hateful about it in my opinion. I know the difference. Most people do.
Exactly. I saw it too. It was funny and on point. Good for Netflix for backing Chappelle. The tyranny of the woke crowd needs to end.

Old 10-17-2021, 10:51 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
One other point, Netflix is a business. It's about making money and Chappelle's comedy specials make a lot of money. The transgendered employees are perfectly happy to accept the pay/benefits from their employer and then turn around and complain about how the company actually makes the money that it pays them. It's hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Why don't they start their own "trans" streaming service? Oh that's right... because almost nobody would watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies