Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 03:31 PM

8,767 posts, read 5,059,025 times

Advertisements

Horrible to compare normal children to transgenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 03:36 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Horrible to compare normal children to transgenders.
I don't know about horrible, but it's pretty silly.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:41 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think the short answer is "Because it's the law".

You not accepting it is...as the saying goes "Your problem".

When a child is legally adopted, they have all the legal rights that a biological child has. Whether you acknowledge it or not.
Legal spiel is not reality. If I make a man legally a woman he is still not a women.

If my parents adopt a child they are only my sibling in law, not reality.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:44 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Legal spiel is not reality. If I make a man legally a woman he is still not a women.

If my parents adopt a child they are only my sibling in law, not reality.
How old are you? 12? 14?

Or maybe grew up as a lonely only child.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:45 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,760,657 times
Scientifically, one is a horrific and wrong-headed reaction to a mental illness, the other involves a kid who just needs a home.

Not remotely the same thing.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:48 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Scientifically, one is a horrific and wrong-headed reaction to a mental illness, the other involves a kid who just needs a home.

I agree the adoption comparison wasn't really necessary for the thread. I get what the OP was saying but a better analogy could have been used, like mine on the first page. Well not entirely mine I got it from that Belling guy I listen too. As for not allowing adoptive parents to use the term "mother" and "father" well that's just splitting hairs in my opinion. Adoptive parents should be commended. If I adopt a kid that's my son or daughter. Just because you are not their biological parent, that does not mean you cannot use the terminology.

The transgender example was a good one though. Someone calling themselves something just because they choose too. I mean, I guess they both could be used as examples. I don't care.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

A child can have a home. Foster parents can raise children themselves, but it doesn't make them their children.

Yet those kids call their parents father and mother, are given the same surname, the same legal protections, and despite any genetic differences treated as off-springs of said person.

This is as illogical as say a man is a woman or a woman is a man.

PS. parentless children shouldn't exist. But if they do I am fine with a family fostering a child, but they shouldn't pretend that kid is their child. My personal preference is for orphanages. Kids without parents should be raised in Orphanages so the habit of birthing unwanted children decrease. But that is an unpopular opinion of course.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I agree the adoption comparison wasn't really necessary for the thread. I get what the OP was saying but a better analogy could have been used, like mine on the first page. Well not entirely mine I got it from that Belling guy I listen too. As for not allowing adoptive parents to use the term "mother" and "father" well that's just splitting hairs in my opinion. Adoptive parents should be commended. If I adopt a kid that's my son or daughter. Just because you are not their biological parent, that does not mean you cannot use the terminology.

The transgender example was a good one though. Someone calling themselves something just because they choose too.
It as much splitting hairs as is calling a transgender him or her. Adoptive parents, despite good intentions, are still not the parents.

Off-springs are a genetic continuation of their parents, giving the family name to any person, and treating them as a blood relative has nearly as many consequences as pretending a man is a woman.

Old 10-15-2021, 04:03 PM

270 posts, read 193,892 times
Just more freedom to keep up with the hate. Saying, "I don't like them because they don't got no X" that Y is missing lol" "no surgery makes one biological" All I see is frightened people worried about their own selves and needing to debase something, which frightens them for on sensible reason.

Old 10-15-2021, 04:06 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,760,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A child can have a home. Foster parents can raise children themselves, but it doesn't make them their children.

Yet those kids call their parents father and mother, are given the same surname, the same legal protections, and despite any genetic differences treated as off-springs of said person.

This is as illogical as say a man is a woman or a woman is a man.

PS. parentless children shouldn't exist. But if they do I am fine with a family fostering a child, but they shouldn't pretend that kid is their child. My personal preference is for orphanages. Kids without parents should be raised in Orphanages so the habit of birthing unwanted children decrease. But that is an unpopular opinion of course.
Orphanages can be the cesspools that are portrayed on movies or TV. Sometimes they're alright.
I wouldn't wish those on anyone.
The foster parents in those situations often aren't allowed to treat the children as their own in any way, especially to the point of attachment, causing further trauma for the kids.
Not saying those attachments should happen, but those children are going to latch onto someone and look for role models somewhere.
A single-family home is their best shot.

I can assure you, the "habit of birthing unwanted children" isn't going to be stopped by orphanages unless something barbaric is done. They're not animals.
Girls still get pregnant in those situations as well. In fact, they're far more likely to pass on that legacy of unwanted births than if they had been adopted.
Kids that aren't grounded in families are going to find that grounding even if they have to create it themselves.... by having a bunch of kids. I've seen it often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies