Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 10:02 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The entire immigration policy of this country needs to be redone. Not fixed or tweaked, redone. Half the country thinks our policy is a poem written on the Statue of Liberty. Leaving it up to each new POTUS to administer is crazy.

If I'm living in Central America, under stress, and my cousin came to the USA 20 years ago and prospered, that may be incentive for me to give it a try.

What compiles people to leave home, make that long costly journey. They think they can pull it off.
Except none of this has anything to do with what’s going on now or the last many months. You’re deflecting and using strawman arguments versus addressing what’s happening right now and for the last many months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 10:08 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What do you want Biden to do? Shoot them down at the border?

Stop the griping and give us an alternative.
What would happen to you, if you cross over into another country, say Canada, or any, without proper clearance?

Old 10-16-2021, 10:29 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:

Do what we do to inadmissible aliens at the international airports by putting them in a bus or flight and return them to their country of origin

Old 10-16-2021, 10:38 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Do what we do to inadmissible aliens at the international airports by putting them in a bus or flight and return them to their country of origin
Bingo

It’s really that simple

Old 10-16-2021, 10:39 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
What would happen to you, if you cross over into another country, say Canada, or any, without proper clearance?
You should spend some time and look into it. Might surprise even you in what you find in comparison to the u.s.

The first difference between the u.s. and Canada is they don't call people coming in, illegals, the term is 'irregular' border crossings. Use to if a person crossed over into the u.s. they were to find the first agent they could, so as to help them with the process of immigration. That's not the case anymore as now, help is an 8x10 cell. But Canada hasn't changed that, if you cross into Canada you are to find the first agent and they will get you where you need to be and help with your paperwork.

And it looks like they are in the process of increasing their system so as to handle be able to handle more. I found a report on suggestion on how they might accomplish it. Irregular Border Crossings and Asylum Seekers in Canada: A Complex Intergovernmental Problem

Now for people who live in Canada that might have a personal grievance with their government in how they handle immigrants, that I don't know about, I just know most people will lead with their prejudices, so I'm pretty sure there are Canadian citizens who might prefer their government not allow in, asylum seekers and/or the rest. In time if they are elected to hold office, things could change in immigration policies, like they have for the u.s.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:42 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You should spend some time and look into it. Might surprise even you in what you find in comparison to the u.s.

The first difference between the u.s. and Canada is they don't call people coming in, illegals, the term is 'irregular' border crossings. Use to if a person crossed over into the u.s. they were to find the first agent they could, so as to help them with the process of immigration. That's not the case anymore as now, help is an 8x10 cell. But Canada hasn't changed that, if you cross into Canada you are to find the first agent and they will get you where you need to be and help with your paperwork.

And it looks like they are in the process of increasing their system so as to handle be able to handle more. I found a report on suggestion on how they might accomplish it. Irregular Border Crossings and Asylum Seekers in Canada: A Complex Intergovernmental Problem

Now for people who live in Canada that might have a personal grievance with their government in how they handle immigrants, that I don't know about, I just know most people will lead with their prejudices, so I'm pretty sure there are Canadian citizens who might prefer their government not allow in, asylum seekers and/or the rest. In time if they are elected to hold office, things could change in immigration policies, like they have for the u.s.

Old 10-16-2021, 10:48 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
And are they then supposed to magically integrate into the surrounding communities or what?

Old 10-16-2021, 10:54 AM

178 posts, read 82,705 times
Quote:

Well the first thing it for Liberal to stop encouraging them to come to this country illegally. And no more organizing caravans to do so. Like they did with Trump.

Next enforce the laws already in place. You know what the president is suppose to do.
And only let in legal immigrants.

And dont let Liberals vote. Since they never care what is actually best for the country.

At least Biden has admitted he does not have a clue. And is trying to reinstate Trumps policy of remain in Mexico.

I mean any idiot could see what was going to happen with the Libs plan from the start.

Like Biden was suppose to solve the covid problem that was supposedly all Trumps fault.

Is there anything Biden has done right or improved?

Old 10-16-2021, 11:52 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except none of this has anything to do with what’s going on now or the last many months. You’re deflecting and using strawman arguments versus addressing what’s happening right now and for the last many months.
What's going on now has been going on periodically for years. It's quiet, then a surge. YADA YADA YADA.

It's easy to just lay it off n one incompetent POTUS that some consider an incompetent jerk.

It'll just keep reoccurring with each new incompetent jerk.

Congress needs to fix it for once and for all.

In my perfect world, the assets of employers would be seized and armed military placed on the border every 100 feet or so.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:54 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Those that have been here 20 years illegally need to be deported just as the new ones. We don't need illegals doing any jobs in this country. If a business can't stay afloat by hiring citizen or legal workers then they need to go out of business. If it shuts down any towns then so be it. Let the residents move somewhere else.

Illegals have taken once good paying construction jobs by working for less. How is that a good thing? Only the greedy employers rely on illegal workers to increase their profits and they are breaking the law by doing so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies