Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 04:17 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
This is the New Normal - People just don't care, or are afraid to help, assist.

B1den's America.
I read the same of other similar incidents over 20 years ago in NY. Evil has no boundaries nor is it political. Many men in particular, stick the heads in the sand. You will find many stories if women intervening is some of these situations- however not always. Sad for the gal… she must feel alone in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 04:28 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I read the same of other similar incidents over 20 years ago in NY. Evil has no boundaries nor is it political. Many men in particular, stick the heads in the sand. You will find many stories if women intervening is some of these situations- however not always. Sad for the gal… she must feel alone in this world.
The difference I see now - Many of these criminals are walking - nowadays. Slap on the wrist.

The World has changed in 20 years, and not for the better.

NO one cares for Human Life. It's very, very, sad.

I can tell you - I've be punched, slapped by Men, in my profession. I'm 120lbs Soaking wet. There are crazy people out there.

Yes, I would help, It doesn't matter who. It's not Just Men, there are some Sick Women out there, who commit heinous crimes as well...

Old 10-16-2021, 04:35 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
I just can't believe this.
I'm so sorry I opened this thread.

Old 10-16-2021, 05:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Black on white crime is just accepted as "normal" and barely newsworthy.

Liberal policy has fanned the flames of hatred and encouraged violence by blacks against whites and fomented crime by no longer arresting for many crimes. It's just the "new normal".

It's shocking that anyone would think anything else would happen. When you no longer punish crimes, expect more crime.

One of the weird things is that many blacks just can't understand why whites perceive them differently, despite these patterns of behavior. It would be like swimming among sharks and being shocked if you are bitten.

Exactly: I can even sort of understand why this docile Indian grandfather had the cops called on him when he was mistaken for Black: neighbor saw his skin color thought he was up to no good but the police should have realized that he wasn't a danger once they saw how docile he really was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sureshbhai_Patel

Old 10-16-2021, 05:14 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Politics of optics once again. Where is Willie Horton when you need him.

Old 10-16-2021, 05:27 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
More confirmation of my theory that human life is not valued. ( I know she was not killed).

Riders watched as a woman was raped on a SEPTA train but no one called 911, police say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/riders-wa...153600568.html

Nicole Acevedo and Gemma DiCasimirro
Sat, October 16, 2021, 11:36 AM
A 35-year-old man in Pennsylvania is facing rape and assault charges after a woman was sexually assaulted on board a public transit train Wednesday night as riders witnessed the attack but did not intervene, authorities said on Friday...
Where was Bernhard Goetz when he was needed?

Old 10-16-2021, 05:57 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The difference I see now - Many of these criminals are walking - nowadays. Slap on the wrist.

The World has changed in 20 years, and not for the better.

NO one cares for Human Life. It's very, very, sad.

I can tell you - I've be punched, slapped by Men, in my profession. I'm 120lbs Soaking wet. There are crazy people out there.

Yes, I would help, It doesn't matter who. It's not Just Men, there are some Sick Women out there, who commit heinous crimes as well...
Yes, as I said not all women will help anyone. We are colder- but not sure it’s anything new. Go back in the wild Wild West. Shootems just because they lost at cards. Rome was sports day to see folks eaten by lions n duels to the death. Rape, finally became a true violent crime in the 1800’s. Domestic abuse was illegal in 1920, but not until 1070’s a real criminal issue. 1960’s the folks finally had to accept Blacks were human.
We are indifferent to other’s suffering. If we weren’t, there be no hungry kids or homeless vets, at the very least. The pandemic alone has showed our lack of empathy or willingness to be a part of the solution. Spanish flu had the same people not wanting to help.

Again - this is not all fit in the same box. Many people are very compassionate and giving. Maybe for awhile we had the WWJD movement and we thought love was a good thing .

Old 10-16-2021, 05:58 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
This disgusting news is not a stand alone case. Criminals have become very bold. There have been recent youtube videos of attacks where the bystanders just watched. This one is part of a trend. Also recently more cases of criminals walking into a luxury store and simply take and walk out with the stuff.

The criminals are very bold because they know the bystanders will do nothing. They know they may not even be arrested, and if arrested they can be quickly released back on the streets.

This is not the country I used to know.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:04 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think about what might become of the woman who got raped. She might become a very hateful individual down the long run. She might become very cold, detached, and unable to maintain healthy relationships with men. I'm not saying that will happen. I'm saying those possibilities are there. It has happened to other people before.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:11 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
This disgusting news is not a stand alone case. Criminals have become very bold. There have been recent youtube videos of attacks where the bystanders just watched. This one is part of a trend. Also recently more cases of criminals walking into a luxury store and simply take and walk out with the stuff.

The criminals are very bold because they know the bystanders will do nothing. They know they may not even be arrested, and if arrested they can be quickly released back on the streets.

This is not the country I used to know.
It isn't the country you used to know. It isn't a country I've personally known. However, this is who I am. I have alot of bookworm in me. I have a little bit of cynicism in me too. While many criminals have gotten bolder, stories about women getting raped in public places, it has happened before. When I consider how much violent crime has ALWAYS taken place in America's ghettos, I consider that this is what people in the ghettos have always known.

I don't doubt that the failure of justice is part of why many criminals are quite bold. However, for the individuals who have grown up with "snitches get stitches and end up in ditches", this is what they know. For people who have grown up in really violent neighborhoods (such as Philly's ghettos), this has been par the course over the last 50+ years. In some cases, the criminals don't care. Said criminals don't value anyone's life, not even their own. Plenty of violent criminals expect to be dead by the age of 30, and won't even think twice about murdering their own family members.

For you, this might not be the America you knew. However, for the people who have grown up in violent ghettos, this is America as they have always known it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies