Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 01:56 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,009,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Don't be too smug, a lot of vaccinated people are ending up on ventilators too.
This exactly. All the vaccine does is say you're compliant to the govt. As far as covid goes you can still get it and have bad symptoms and you also get to then deal with potential terrible vaccine side effects. I wonder why so many don't want to get it? lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 01:58 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
This exactly. All the vaccine does is say you're compliant to the govt. As far as covid goes you can still get it and have bad symptoms and you also get to then deal with potential terrible vaccine side effects. I wonder why so many don't want to get it? lol!
This vaccinated couple died of COVID within hours of each other. They were 50s/60s. -> https://thehill.com/changing-america...-holding-hands

The vaccine may reduce your chances of ending up on a ventilator, it's far from eliminating them.

Old 10-17-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Delta has their own stick. $200 per month extra charge for health insurance for unvaccinated. Delta never mandated the vax for employees. Instead, they chose the $200/mo surcharge.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...nt-2021-10-13/

Delta ...imposed a $200 monthly health insurance surcharge for unvaccinated staff. The measure, in part, has helped increase staff vaccination rate to 90%. Bastian (Delta CEO) expects the rate to climb up to 95% in November.
This is really what should be known. Yes, Delta isn't going to require their employees to be vaccinated (which is the right decision) but they're still going to penalize those who aren't vaccinated, which in my opinion is still wrong and I'd be pissed about if I worked for Delta. You can get the vaccine and not only still get covid and end up in the hospital but you can also end up with side effects from the vaccine which could also put you in the hospital.

Old 10-17-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
This is really what should be known. Yes, Delta isn't going to require their employees to be vaccinated (which is the right decision) but they're still going to penalize those who aren't vaccinated, which in my opinion is still wrong and I'd be pissed about if I worked for Delta. You can get the vaccine and not only still get covid and end up in the hospital but you can also end up with side effects from the vaccine which could also put you in the hospital.
If I were an employee, I'd be glad to pay the $200 a month. Yeah, it's a crappy thing to do, but we have to keep it in context. Other airlines are firing you if you don't take the jab. $200 is a dinner in Miami Beach for 2.

Old 10-17-2021, 02:05 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Conservative blue bloods like Tucker and Hannity have nothing to worry about. They have been fully vaccinated for several months. At this point, they are purely using the anti-vaccine sentiment to rile the conservative base.

And you know that how? Because Tucker refused to disclose his vaccination status? Is that your proof?

Old 10-17-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If I were an employee, I'd be glad to pay the $200 a month. Yeah, it's a crappy thing to do, but we have to keep it in context. Other airlines are firing you if you don't take the jab. $200 is a dinner in Miami Beach for 2.
I mean, I get it. I'd gladly pay $200 more per month than not have a job but it still sucks to be penalized for refusing something that's in all honesty a risk to your health.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I mean, I get it. I'd gladly pay $200 more per month than not have a job but it still sucks to be penalized for refusing something that's in all honesty a risk to your health.
Well, that's why this is sort of ok, it's a bump on their insurance, presumably because their risk of dying or being hospitalized from COVID has gone up.

That's ok.

But to be fair they need to take age and health into account.

A unvaccinated 24 year old, normal BMI is far less at risk of COVID than a vaccinated 54 year old, normal BMI.

So it's all about penalizing the unvaccinated. Which I hate, but at least it's only $200.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:14 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
So, does Biden's decree not apply to Delta Airlines?

I'm sure they have over 200 employees.

Where's OSHA on this?

RED FLAG

Old 10-17-2021, 04:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Conservative blue bloods like Tucker and Hannity have nothing to worry about. They have been fully vaccinated for several months. At this point, they are purely using the anti-vaccine sentiment to rile the conservative base.
Of course.

And they are fine encouraging others to quit their jobs and put their families at financial risk in protest while they are vaxxed and raking in the cash.

FOX has mandated vaccines for anyone coming into the studio. You don't see Tucker and Hannity quitting their jobs in protest.

Old 10-17-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
So, does Biden's decree not apply to Delta Airlines?

I'm sure they have over 200 employees.

Where's OSHA on this?

RED FLAG
You know this got me thinking, if most employers just stood up to this mandate and said no we're not doing this it might be enough to just turn the tables. I mean obviously Biden doesn't care about bankrupting some businesses or assumes he won't get any major backlash but if 80% of the US businesses said nope, I wonder if his administration would change their tune. I mean you really going to bankrupt the entire US economy? How would that be for an approval rating. Idk, food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies