Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 07:04 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Let me add mine:

1)The same politicians who pretend this virus is the biggest threat to our existence encouraged the summer of 2020 riots and mass illegal immigration without testing or inoculation for the virus. Psaki even gaslight the Americans that illegals were only “passing through.”
2)These same politicians passed many restrictions but most were caught breaking them. If they’re so scared of this virus you’d think they would be following it voluntarily.
3)No high level politicians have died of the virus even before vaccines suggesting treatments are highly effective. Even Chris Christie who is morbidly obese did fine. Yet
4)Medical Nihilism for the American public. No treatments exist, stay home until you cannot breathe.
5)Doctors promoting effective treatments were silenced on social media as misinformation and gradually stripped of their titles and positions.
6)HCQ which was granted EUA was stripped of it due to a Lancet study that was retracted. After retraction the decision to re-grant EUA was never reevaluated.
7)A study on HCQ + azithromycin together showed arrhythmia. This was attributed to HCQ yet it’s actually a side effect of azithromycin. The FDA still lists arrhythmia as a side effect of HCQ even though HCQ has been used by hundreds of millions of people over decades without this side effect ever being discovered.
8)The slandering of Ivermectin as a horse dewormer.
9)Fauci goes on cable news to say Ivermectin does not work even though his NIH quietly changed their stance against Ivermectin from “against” to “neutral.” Pharmacies are now not honoring doctor’s prescriptions for Ivermectin.
10)Fauci takes 5000IU of D3 a day, presumably because he thinks it works. Numerous studies have linked vitamin D deficiency to worse COVID prognosis and explains partly why darker skinned people fare worse for the virus. Yet no public health announcement on the importance of Vitamin D, but we get double-masking recommendations?
11)All that being said, one study shows Remdesivir improves symptom duration by 30% and Fauci immediately recommends it as a game changer. FDA grants it EUA. Studies come out showing no effect, but EUA is not revoked and it’s still used!
12)Merck’s molnupiravir given same treatment by Fauci and media. One study from Merck, and it’s a game changer. Really?
13)Vaccines touted as safe and effective, language a scientist should never use. Fauci even came out and said real world effectiveness was better than the trial data. Then
14)Mass vaccination rollout happens, breakthrough infections happen all over the place and slow realization that vaccinations hardly prevent infection. Yet
15)Vaccine mandates began to be enacted all over the place. Except for illegal immigrants.
16)Only vaccines available to the American public are vaccines offered by American pharmaceutical companies.
17)Pandemic is now blamed on the unvaccinated. Media scapegoats unvaccinated as unclean, selfish, drivers of the pandemic. At same time boosters are rushed out for the vaccinated.
18)FDA strong armed into approving Pfizer, several top level officials resign.
19)Countries that don’t follow the global pandemic plan are slandered. Bolsonaro’s Brazil is painted as a COVID wasteland yet Brazil had a far smaller excess death rate than neighboring Peru who is following global guidelines.
20)The coverup of the origins of this virus.
21)Scientists admitted fear of questioning virus origins and only aired these opinions when it was safe to talk about - I.e when Biden was elected and said he’d look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 07:07 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Let me add mine:

1)The same politicians who pretend this virus is the biggest threat to our existence encouraged the summer of 2020 riots and mass illegal immigration without testing or inoculation for the virus. Psaki even gaslight the Americans that illegals were only “passing through.”
2)These same politicians passed many restrictions but most were caught breaking them. If they’re so scared of this virus you’d think they would be following it voluntarily.
3)No high level politicians have died of the virus even before vaccines suggesting treatments are highly effective. Even Chris Christie who is morbidly obese did fine. Yet
4)Medical Nihilism for the American public. No treatments exist, stay home until you cannot breathe.
5)Doctors promoting effective treatments were silenced on social media as misinformation and gradually stripped of their titles and positions.
6)HCQ which was granted EUA was stripped of it due to a Lancet study that was retracted. After retraction the decision to re-grant EUA was never reevaluated.
7)A study on HCQ + azithromycin together showed arrhythmia. This was attributed to HCQ yet it’s actually a side effect of azithromycin. The FDA still lists arrhythmia as a side effect of HCQ even though HCQ has been used by hundreds of millions of people over decades without this side effect ever being discovered.
8)The slandering of Ivermectin as a horse dewormer.
9)Fauci goes on cable news to say Ivermectin does not work even though his NIH quietly changed their stance against Ivermectin from “against” to “neutral.” Pharmacies are now not honoring doctor’s prescriptions for Ivermectin.
10)Fauci takes 5000IU of D3 a day, presumably because he thinks it works. Numerous studies have linked vitamin D deficiency to worse COVID prognosis and explains partly why darker skinned people fare worse for the virus. Yet no public health announcement on the importance of Vitamin D, but we get double-masking recommendations?
11)All that being said, one study shows Remdesivir improves symptom duration by 30% and Fauci immediately recommends it as a game changer. FDA grants it EUA. Studies come out showing no effect, but EUA is not revoked and it’s still used!
12)Merck’s molnupiravir given same treatment by Fauci and media. One study from Merck, and it’s a game changer. Really?
13)Vaccines touted as safe and effective, language a scientist should never use. Fauci even came out and said real world effectiveness was better than the trial data. Then
14)Mass vaccination rollout happens, breakthrough infections happen all over the place and slow realization that vaccinations hardly prevent infection. Yet
15)Vaccine mandates began to be enacted all over the place. Except for illegal immigrants.
16)Only vaccines available to the American public are vaccines offered by American pharmaceutical companies.
17)Pandemic is now blamed on the unvaccinated. Media scapegoats unvaccinated as unclean, selfish, drivers of the pandemic. At same time boosters are rushed out for the vaccinated.
18)FDA strong armed into approving Pfizer, several top level officials resign.
19)Countries that don’t follow the global pandemic plan are slandered. Bolsonaro’s Brazil is painted as a COVID wasteland yet Brazil had a far smaller excess death rate than neighboring Peru who is following global guidelines.
20)The coverup of the origins of this virus.
21)Scientists admitted fear of questioning virus origins and only aired these opinions when it was safe to talk about - I.e when Biden was elected and said he’d look into it.
Excellent! Thank you.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:14 AM

6,110 posts, read 4,603,494 times
My "red flag" was with businesses who refused to abide by any of the safety precautions that were required by law and recommended by some of the top physicians in the country during various phases of the pandemic.

A few of these included "mom and pop" type places that I had been generously supporting for years up to that point. The worst were restaurants because it makes one wonder if they weren't washing their hands after they pooped and then handling food because they felt like E-Coli was a hoax as well.

If they can't respect me, their other customers, and their employees, then I don't have to give them my money.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:14 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Size of China Virus molecules = 0.1 micron

Size of holes in face masks = 0.3 microns

Red Flag

Old 10-17-2021, 07:19 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
My "red flag" was with businesses who refused to abide by any of the safety precautions that were required by law and recommended by some of the top physicians in the country during various phases of the pandemic.

A few of these included "mom and pop" type places that I had been generously supporting for years up to that point. The worst were restaurants because it makes one wonder if they weren't washing their hands after they pooped and then handling food because they felt like E-Coli was a hoax as well.

If they can't respect me, their other customers, and their employees, then I don't have to give them my money.
Sure, but all the while big box stores and supermarkets operated as if nothing was different as long as consumers wore a useless mask and followed arrows on the floor.

RED FLAG

Old 10-17-2021, 07:30 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Redflagging the first “RED FLAG”: the vaccines do prevent infection, but they do not prevent infection by the Delta variant as well as the Alpha because it didn’t exist when the vaccines were made. I think people are under the mistaken assumption that something is not a vaccine if it doesn’t stop 100% of infections. That’s simply not true and can be observed in many popular vaccines, including the flu shot and the shingles vaccine. Studies show that it is between 40%-60% effective against the delta variant. A lot better than 0% and the protection against severe disease is in the high 90% range.

As for transmission, they don’t prevent all transmission of the virus, but they certainly reduce it.
All the vaccines I have read about over my lifetime prevent people from getting whatever the vaccine is designed to stop. We stopped polio, we did not make it less severe. So is it a vaccine if it only makes the illness less severe? Perhaps these are symptom reducers not really vaccines.

Seems to me the solution would be to create a new vaccine designed to stop Delta and Alpha. And that should have been done as soon as they were spreading early this year. Yet all you hear is boosters which don't solve the problem of the virus spreading and eventually mutating. And now we have vaccine mandates for a vaccine or symptom reducer that does not stop the virus from spreading.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-17-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-17-2021, 07:30 AM

610 posts, read 263,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Let me add mine:

I took COVID somewhat seriously in the March-April 2020 timeframe, but once all the reports started coming out of politicians doing what you described I did a complete 180 and have never looked back. There are too many examples to possibly list here, but our Governor alone has the following greatest hits:

1. Reopening Upper Michigan almost fully for Memorial Day 2020 (where her vacation home is) while keeping the southern half of the state in lockdown.

2. Marching shoulder to shoulder with thousands of people in the streets for a BLM protest despite just extending the stay at home order

3. Blaming travel to Florida for our Spring 2021 surge, then getting caught traveling to Florida

4. Getting photographed at a restaurant table with 15+ people even though a rule was in place that no more than 6 could be at a table, which was being rigidly enforced by the health department.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:35 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoastReef View Post
The point of vaccines is to minimize then impact covid has on your body. So you can live through it. More people vaxxed=more people that can live through catching covid.

That's the current narrative.

That's not how they were sold to the public.

Remember the phrase "herd immunity"?

Funny how that went down like a fat kid on a seesaw...

Old 10-17-2021, 07:37 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
While I do think there is some overreach with the vaccine mandates, the "show your papers" meme seems a bit disingenuous to me. How is having to show your photo ID (for any number of things) any different?
"SHow your papers" is the vaccine card, not your ID.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:38 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
For me the big Red Flag is that people with an agenda have successfully recruited gullible and stupid people to their side to spread disinformation and outright lies about the disease and the vaccines.
That could be anyone including the government and it's agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies