Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 03:21 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Typical fake partisan outrage. The quote from Obama has zero context. So I did a search on this topic to try and get the whole story.

Turns out the words quoted in Breitbart were selectively lifted from a speech he made while campaigning for Terry McAuliffe in Virginia. I listened to the part of the speech where the chopped up quotes on Breitbart came from, and they are NOT talking about the Loudon County rapes or calling them a “phony trumped-up culture war.”

Here’s an article from the Hill where you can listen to the speech and get some much needed context:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...t-this-one-out
You're article mentions nothing about what President Obama said about "phony, trumped up charges". It's almost as though The Hill wanted to omit that... Gee, can't imagine why...

President Obama called the recent controversies "phony, trumped up charges". One of those controversies is the Loudon County Rape Cover Up. So, inadvertently, President Obama has dismissed this rape cover up as a "phony, trumped up charge".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 04:04 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
He's reprehensible. And I voted for him in 2008.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:14 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Wasn't it Obama's executive order that started forcing all this transgenders in bathrooms stuff on the school kids ?

Even threatening to withhold school funding for those who didn't comply ?
Bingo

Old 10-24-2021, 04:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
What a scumbag. If this had happened to one of his daughters it would be a different story.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He's reprehensible. And I voted for him in 2008.
I voted for him in '08 and '12 and by the end of his second term, regretted my decision.

He's nothing but a Soros-backed, racist, scumbag.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:27 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I voted for him in '08 and '12 and by the end of his second term, regretted my decision.

Assuming you did in fact see the light, was it coming to this forum that helped open your eyes?

`

Old 10-24-2021, 04:30 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Obama and his cohorts care not who gets hurt, as long as they can push through their anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-common sense, anti-freedom agenda.
After most Americans bent over backward to give him a chance in 2008.

I remember there were some who insisted he was a con man. And back in those days, before we really knew him, that sounded like racism. Now we know....and are still paying a huge price for our naivete. What we now know was PC-driven blind trust.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:35 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

My regret came much sooner. I kept waiting for him to do some kind of jobs program in the Great Recession but he didn't. It seemed so obvious to me. He just demonized rich people. He just kept trying to raise taxes. And he socked it to us big time with Obamacare. And now Biden wants to sock it us again.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Assuming you did in fact see the light, was it coming to this forum that helped open your eyes?

`
Great question, but the answer is no. The thing that opened my eyes was 1) watching all the Democrats do nothing during the riots last year. No Democrat Mayor or Governor did a thing to stop it. And 2) when I watched the hearings where I saw what Comey and Yates had said about the Steele Dossier (paid for by Clinton and the DNC) and the bs FISA warrants against an American citizen where Comey, Obama, Biden, Yates, Brennan, Rice, and Clapper knew the information used in order to get the FISA court to sign off on those warrants was fake, that was it for me. And with Obama throwing out General Flynn's name to try and take down Trump, ruining a man who dedicated his entire life to serving our country - I decided that like the Catholic Church, I could not support such a criminal organization again. I will vote against the Democrats until the day I die, unless Tulsi Gabbard runs. That doesn't make me a Republican, but it does make me a staunch anti-Democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
My regret came much sooner. I kept waiting for him to do some kind of jobs program in the Great Recession but he didn't. It seemed so obvious to me. He just demonized rich people. He just kept trying to raise taxes. And he socked it to us big time with Obamacare. And now Biden wants to sock it us again.
I didn't realize until shortly after elected for his second term how non-transparent he was. And with all the scandals swept under the rug, it became frustrating. Then he not only became divisive, but started the trend of indicting police before ANY facts were in. He's a crook and he's scum, and had I known he was funded by Soros, I wouldn't have voted for him in the first place.

In hindsight, I was a complete idiot for not connecting the dots. How could a junior Senator that nobody in IL had even heard of, get enough support from big ticket donors to be able to run for President?

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-24-2021 at 05:07 PM..

Old 10-24-2021, 05:18 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
You're article mentions nothing about what President Obama said about "phony, trumped up charges". It's almost as though The Hill wanted to omit that... Gee, can't imagine why...

President Obama called the recent controversies "phony, trumped up charges". One of those controversies is the Loudon County Rape Cover Up. So, inadvertently, President Obama has dismissed this rape cover up as a "phony, trumped up charge".
Oh, you mean the Loudoun rape allegations that the right is in a tizzy about because it involves a transgendered student? The one where the dad made the allegation, the student has been charged, and the matter has yet to be decided in a court of law?

Rape is a serious crime and I hope any guilty parties are punished accordingly, but the fact that this is specifically a case involving a transgendered student is the only reason it’s being talked about by the Republican candidate, the right wing media, and the people on this board. More culture war crap that is distracting and dividing Americans.

There were 431,000 incidents of forcible rape in the US in 2019 according to Wikipedia. The Office for Victims for Crime cites a 2005 study that estimates 1 of every 2 transgender people is sexually abused at some point in their lives. That means that thousands of transgender people are raped every year and yet I’ve never seen it reported by a major news outlet; never mind seen an alleged case of rape against a trans person become a campaign issue.

It looks like the only thing that makes this rape charge different than the other 400,000+ that occur in the US every year is that the accused is transgender. The right wing media has, of course, glommed on to this incident like flies on a turd, because you know how committed they are to reporting on sexual violence

I have read several articles about Obama’s speech for McAuliffe and listened to several clips and I still haven’t heard him speaking about the case or calling the charges “phony” and “trumped up.” If you can provide a link to the actual speech, I would appreciate it.

At the same time, if Obama did comment on the way the case is being tried in the right wing media, I believe he’s right to say that it is more culture war distraction that has nothing to do with the important issues the country is facing.

If he said the charges are trumped up, he’s free to state his opinion the same way Donald Trump is free to say the election was fraudulent and Republicans should stop voting until he’s satisfied that the Republican Party is taking it as seriously as him. There’s that whole First Amendment thing and the fact that Obama didn’t say anything objectionable.

Explain why a rape allegation is a political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies